Page 112 of 230 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2295
    Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Proof of this? This Camate post is the first ive heard of such an idea.
    It was mentioned in the beta feedback forum
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Flynn Rosenberg
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Is it possible to implement a Roleplay tag on/off like in other MMOs? Just like how /afk has a chair next to the name, RP could have something similar. Would be handy.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Proof of this? This Camate post is the first ive heard of such an idea.
    All I can say is there was a post on 03/05/13 about this one, post was on beta forums and it's closed so we can't check what was posted then.

Before people ask... How do I have the date then? I have a full list of unofficial translations I did with links to those threads (Stuff I call OP list on my thread) so I have the date and short description of the dev/rep post but I don't know the details of the translation I did or what the original text showed. Can't remember all the stuff I translated... lol + it's Beta stuff so it's under NDA anyways so even if I had a copy of the original, unofficially translated info. I wouldn't be able to release any info from back then I think.
    (8)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 11-02-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pellegri Testament
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

While it will be after patch 2.2, we will be making it easier to see where you are teleporting to by displaying a map next to the teleport window.
    So how far along is 2.2 exactly that you feel you are unable to add more to it(if we follow the whole 3 month cycle it's atleast 4 months away)? Because by the sound of it you've been adding more and more onto 2.1 within the last few weeks and that's known to be out in December. This isn't a huge change either so it's a farcry to say it would take a while to implement, especially when something like this has been talked about since beta.

If it's far enough along that even small changes can't be added to it I don't understand why it will be another 4+ months until we see it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pellegri; 11-02-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lunaa Moon
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Soireb View Post
    I can't check right now because maintenance is about to begin and I already logged out, but I know I saw a language option somewhere in the settings menu inside the game (not sure if it was Character or System settings). Where in theory you can change the language to whichever you want. I say theory because although I saw it I didn't actually tried it.
    I think that's only for audio In order to change the games language entirely, need to exit out into the launcher Unless I've missed a menu somewhere...

Just checked, audio only!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lelorr Rellori
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Not quite sure if this fits this thread, but I think it would be nice if the Auto-translate feature had some degree of search/filtering functionality.

This might work like so:

Start chat input.
    Open Auto-translate popup.
    Type in terms. As terms are entered, the Auto-translate popup would enter a sub-menu, like the normal Auto-translate sub-menus, except that it would populate its pages of phrases dynamically based on what phrases match part of the terms entered.
    One could then navigate the sub-menu's pages and select the desired phrase in the same manner as other Auto-translate sub-menus, or, as usual, press Escape/cancel to return to the main Auto-translate menu.

In terms of how matching is done, I think it would be best to ignore the order terms are entered in; also, case should be ignored.
    I'm not sure if it's best to add any phrase that matches any term to the dynamic menu, or only those that match all terms; the former is better if you aren't sure what you're looking for, the latter if you are.
    Of course, this matching would have to take into account the client's language or it won't be matching anything useful.

So if I started typing: "th y"
    As soon as I typed 't', the Auto-translate menu would enter its dynamic submenu and populate with phrases containing 't'.
    As I typed 'h', it would repopulate the menu with phrases containing "th"
    Whitespace would end the current term and start a new one, so 'y' would be a new term. Thus the menu would populate with any phrases matching those terms (whether both or either term, I'm not sure).

So rather than trying to remember that I have to hit 2, right arrow and 7 to say "Thank you", I can just type "th y" and select from far fewer options. If I don't mind typing, I could just type "Thank you" and select what is probably the one remaining option.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think this would be very convenient.
    (0)
    Last edited by Returnee; 11-02-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deagon Willows
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnee View Post
    So rather than trying to remember that I have to hit 2, right arrow and 7 to say "Thank you", I can just type "th y" and select from far fewer options. If I don't mind typing, I could just type "Thank you" and select what is probably the one remaining option.
    On windows version you can just type h and then push tab and you get everything with a h, if you type he and then tab, you get everything with he.
    I use auto translate often, to type fast.

Spaces don't work in this.

With teleports I always pop up map and see what the name is for the area that is closest where I must be. (Well I did a lot, now I know most out of my head)
    While I would like that this will be done better, I find it pretty unimportant, since with map it works pretty well, I prefer they focus first on other things, before adding little useful things.
    (Don't get me wrong, I do want it also, but I don't find it a high priority)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tivonna Chasya
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I would love the teleport menu to just say the guild name it goes to...(some cities have this)
    The gates to say: Yellow Serpent Gate (North Shroud)
    Camps to say: Fallgourd Float (North Shroud)

This would be very helpful and take way less time then the map which could come 2.2 This could be put in easy. I thought they were going to fix Limsa with its messed up telenames.
    (4)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I've returned yet again to share a tiny tidbit of UI update goodness.

Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    Sometimes I accidentally target another character and press the confirm button twice which causes the submenu to open (the first option is to send the person a tell). This happens often when there are a lot of enemies around, so could you make it so only the square button or such opens the submenu?
    Yes.
    I'm predominantly a healer, and I also have had times where I mistarget party members.
    Especially if you accidentally hit "Send Tell" and enter the text entry mode in the chat box, it gets pretty rough.

If we can find some time for the lead to handle this request, it should be done relatively quickly, but there are a lot of enemies to defeat first (new features to be put in) we can’t tackle this just yet. However, we've added it to our task like for patch 2.1. fixes!
    just a an idea.

remove opening the context menu via X button. really no need to have two different buttons capable of the same functionality. just IMO though.

maybe use the X button for Focus Target. maybe make it so you hold it for like 2-3 seconds to set your Focus Target. and then probably same with Circle to cancel the Focus Target. to make it easier you should only have to highlight and not have to fully select the target to set. and should not have to highlight/select the target to cancel. if possible this seems ideal?

also for the Square button. maybe do the same thing for the context menu. hold it for like 2seconds. or make a L1 key modifier for the context menu. basically what i am getting at here is that it would be nice to be able to open the map. to be able to open the map while a player is highlighted/selected without have to de-select them.

the map thing probably is not very essential. but it would be nice to be able to do. any player using a keyboard/mouse can do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Waiting half a year to get basic teleportation conveniences that have existed for years in other games. Sounds legit.
    (3)

Page 112 of 230 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast