Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Climbing assault ranks

With people moving on to gathering capacity points and other newer content, it's now very difficult (read: impossible) to get a party for assault missions these days. This is one of the few types of content where Trust NPC's can't currently be used, and some types of content just can't be done solo.

My personal preference would be for them to just make Trusts usable there, but until then does anyone have any tips for someone who wants to increase their rank?
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Which assaults in particular are you having trouble with? I managed to get hit captain rank solo semi-recently. The only ones I really had an issue with were the ones that are RNG crapshoots where more people means more chances, but even then you can just redo them until luck favors you.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I gotta second this, I've done the entire run of 'em from beginning to end solo, so it's very doable. Some were super annoying though! Some of the more annoying ones included Lost and Found, Lebros Supplies, and my personal bane: Orichalcum Survey. The joys of hitting mining points and breaking the SHODDIEST PICKAXES EVER in a single hit for a half hour each run just was not a pleasant experience, but I did manage to do it after like ten or so tries.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

The ones that are a trouble are mechanically troublesome and trusts wouldn't really fix this.

To add an annoying one to the list, i'd like to see Azure Ailments grant an accuracy buff (no other stat) to the monsters. Naked 99 can have enough trouble getting debuffs, let alone 119'd.

But yeah, Lost and Found (find the ring) is annoying, and Orichalcum Survey could use a buff in drop rate.

That being said, I can't imagine the harm in allowing trusts in there.
    (0)

Several actually. Those boulders you need to break on several assault missions in particular are almost punishingly difficult solo. They take very little damage, even at level 99, that there's no way you'll break through them in time. It took me 15 minutes of constant wailing just to get through the first rock so I could kill mobs for the bombs. Stuff like that would make trusts infinitely useful.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    Several actually. Those boulders you need to break on several assault missions in particular are almost punishingly difficult solo. They take very little damage, even at level 99, that there's no way you'll break through them in time. It took me 15 minutes of constant wailing just to get through the first rock so I could kill mobs for the bombs. Stuff like that would make trusts infinitely useful.
    What job/weapon, specifically, are you using for that particular assault? It shouldn't take you that long to break through one set of rocks.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Ya, wondering the same myself. Went through that several months back only took me about a minute or two to break through each one.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    What job/weapon, specifically, are you using for that particular assault? It shouldn't take you that long to break through one set of rocks.
    Let's see. Tried it as a THF/DNC, with each swing dealing 1-2 damage each. Tried it as a SCH/RDM, with each swing dealing 1-2 damage each. The rocks are basically damage resistant sponges designed purely to impede your progress. I don't think they were made to solo.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    We soloed those walls back in the day on BLM.... You even mentioned that you have SCH, all your DOTs should have wrecked it.
    (1)

Are you certain you didn't accidentally level cap yourself?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast