Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    wow 2 another 2 years on SHAMELESS NECRO BUMP FTW picked up the map for al zhabi on a mule yesterday and the npc reminded me that it also includes the map for the collosseum........ for real now waht is it or what was it going to be? i rememeber the update nots when pokemon (or w/e that crap was where we had to go out and take pictures of mobs was) which stated the implimention of the colosseum was delayed for a future version update god knows how many years ago that was
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Love this thread. Any time my friends and I get into an omg can't wait for this to be put in I always bring this up. Seriously put it in already or take out the poor npc that mentions it and take it off the damn map.

It was supposed to be a PvP where even a lv 10 could have a chance at beating a lv 75. Or something like that from what I remember. Got all hot n bothered about it but now it's my shh don't get to excited about the new feature or it will become the next colosseum bit with my friends.
    (0)

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I would like to see a 6 versus 6 PvP last man standing style event.

Basically, you have a balanced party for each team. Once a player dies, they are eliminated. They can come back and help their team, though. Once all six members of a team are KO'd, the other team wins. They can receive points for gear. There would be a time limit of about 30 minutes just in case. If one team has fewer losses when the time runs out, that team would win.

Whenever people participate in Ballista for 1vs1, it is really pointless. This is because jobs are not designed this way. They are designed to be in parties. With 6vs6, you would have all jobs fulfilling their roles. Black Mages would be sleeping and nuking. Red Mages would be enfeebling and using gravity when players try to get away. Paladins would be protecting the mages. White Mages would actually need to cure to keep their parties alive. It would create a fun PVP that everyone would enjoy. A 1vs1 system would quickly die off. If this was fun, people would be doing it in the custom Ballista arena. Instead, 6vs6 is the perfect solution. By making it so players need to be protected (even the lowliest), you would have the Paladins actually protecting people, the Red Mages actually enfeebling people, and all of the jobs fulfilling their roles.

Each unique KO (if a WHM dies five times, it would only count as one KO) would result in a point. Once a team has 6 points, they win.

The arena should be small (about the size of the Mother Globe area). Each team should be forced into a standard six person party. Other arrangements could be used, but you would be at a disadvantage if you only had 3 people that needed to be KO'd because the other team would only need to get 3 points then if you only had 3 people on your team. Both teams should be able to see all players on the map. They should all be able to communicate via linkshell chat but only the individual parties should see the party chat.

After getting points for a match, you would eventually be able to trade in 100 points or so for gear pieces that can actually be used outside of PvP.

This should be a simple event with no gimmicks!

No balls to pick up. No goals to pass through. No boundaries to avoid. Just good and simple last man standing.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4