Character
    Zyla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

server instability

i thought this problem was fixed? keep getting r0, then it works fine for a few sec then r0 again. just keeps happening over and over. my net is running fine with no lag so this has to be server based issues...
    (0)

Greetings, Zyla420!
    Thank you for posting your concerns about your connection. In order to make sure that we have enough information to thoroughly inspect this matter, it would be a great help to us if you provided as many details as you can in the following form:

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write “Solo”. If you were in a party, please write “Party”. With alliance, please write “Alliance.”
    *If you wrote “Party” or “Alliance”, please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write “None”.

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write “None”.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.
    •What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    •Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    •If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    •In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.

In addition, it may help to contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center to see if they are able to find an immediate solution to your situation. You may contact them at https://support.na.square-enix.com/c...php?id=20&la=1 . I hope everything works out well for you. Thanks again for your participation!
    (0)

Unfortuanately, it appears to be happening everywhere....experienced it for a bit myself and just gave up and logged for the night:

US - South Carolina
    Windows XP, home built system running Intel C2D E8400 CPU with 4GB G-Skill DDR2-1100Mhz RAM and an ATI HD4850 512MB PCI-E Video Card, 1TB Hitachi 1TB 7200 RPM HD with 32MB cache
    Time Warner Cable/Road Runner 8MB/360Kb connection--RTT to Tokyo avarages about < 225ms in testing, typical transfer speeds run 4Mb/280Kb with file transfers to various JP based sites.

About Midnight EST, started getting sporadic R0, but were brief and it was recovering. Eventually it got to where it was happening roughly every 30 seconds. About 12:30 AM, I had a long R0 and the indicators went to red briefly before I recovered connection. I was in Abyssea - Altepa on Carbuncle, trying to get to Conflux 7 to port to conflux 1 and leave. When connection recovered, I had 5 tigers and the Notorius Monster on me. I died and homepointed, and was immediately getting R0 in Port Jueno. Took Abyssea Warp to Abyssea-Altepa Maw and while running to Bastok Mines, got another R0 moment, and again while running to mog house. While in mog house (Bastok Mines) and getting gil from Delivery Box (AH items sold) I again R0'ed for a long time and indicators again went red. Connection recovered and I logged out.

Laptops are browsing normally everywhere I went, except for these forums. I've had to reload several times because pages stalled on load. Users on various forums are reporting problems across multiple servers and multiple zones. Many got full disconnect from timeout and have not been able to log back into game. Some have also reported problems getting playonline.com to load as well.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Do we all need to fill out one of these forms?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

If you don't mind, I'll just report this issue in this thread too.

Platform:
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition

ISP:
    Altibox

Optical fibre

40/40 Mbit

Date & Time:
    Several, too many to list.

Frequency:

2. Sometimes

Character Name:
    Fazira

Race:
    Mithra

World:
    Sylph

Main Job:
    Several, but I am usually on Warrior or White Mage, so I experience it most often on those.

Support Job:
    Any

Area and Coordinates:
    Several, too many to list

Party or Solo:
    Seems to happen more often in big alliances, but I don't have any statistical data for such a claim. Just a feeling.

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:

Seems to happen randomly, and in "waves". I haven't been able to find a pattern for what might cause it. When the problem first shows up, repeated R0 (followed by complete disconnects) can happen many times in a row. I think my record is something like 10 R0s over a course of less than 30 minutes, where 4 of those led to disconnections. When the problem disappears, it might not show up until many hours, or even days later. While the R0s happen, I usually have no problems with other applications that require internet access, such as voice/video chat, instant messengers, or web sites.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 06-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Character
    Ebojager
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 86
    Platform:
    Xbox 360

ISP:
    Charter

Cable

16mbps down, 1 Mbps up

Date & Time:
    All days usually I play starting at 8pm PST

Frequency:

2. Sometimes

Character Name:
    Ebojager

Race:
    TaruTaru

World:
    Asura

Main Job:
    RDM, BST, SCH

Support Job:
    Any

Area and Coordinates:
    Several, too many to list

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    I also have been experience what I think is server issues, lots more lag in Windurst and other areas. player characters popping in right in front of you, but other times appear at a normal distance and generaly more texture pop in in distance areas. I thought the update was suppose to speed things up. Not sure if its related to people not needing to goto Jeuno as much because of the AH merge or what. I was use-to it in Jeuno, but not so much in Windurst. Im on the asura server, using a newer xbox 360 with a pretty recent fresh install, running at only 1024x768res, File check came out ok. Called support told to call GM in game, GM said to call support Anyway I have another possibly unrelated issue, invisible doesn't refresh when it wears off, I mean after it wears Im still invisible on the screen. Friends PS2 also has the same problem. And NIN Tonko: Ichi doesnt make my character invisible on the screen but the icon shows i am. I'll post this porblem in another area maybe.
    (0)

Hello,

Thank you for your information, Everyone.
    Generally, we accept the information provided from the Original Poster. We will utilize the data that you guys have provided, considering that many of you are experiencing the same issue.
    We'll be keeping an eye out for your report as well, Zyla420.

Thank you,
    SQUARE ENIX, Moderator
    (1)