Character Name: Vyvian
    Race: Hume F
    World: Sylph
    Main Job: Monk 90
    Support Job: Warrior 45
    Area and Coordinates: Abyssea - Altepa, multiple locations
    Party or Solo: Alliance
    Monster Name: Cuijatender, Hedjedjet, couple others I don't remember

A couple different things have happened with this since the recent update.
    First, we would run into a situation where our puller would grab the NM in question with some kind of magic spell, and their Abyssite of Discernment would give them a message for what element of magic is required to get yellow !! weakness. Shortly into the fight, the same person, or another person using a Discernment Abyssite, will get the message again, but the element is now different. When this happens, the latter element is always the correct one. We just occasionally get an incorrect message on whatever spell was used to claim.

Then, we had a situation where everyone was seeing Earth as the element to required to get yellow !! weakness, and then our ninja cast Kurayami: Ni (which is Darkness), and the game said he was the one that landed the weakness. We reviewed our logs and it was the only spell he cast within 2 minutes in either direction, so it wasn't a lag issue. At the same time, a Blue Mage did cast Magnetite Cloud, and they both appeared to have gone off at the same time, so perhaps that is a "the game reported the wrong name" issue, rather than the Discernment Abyssite giving bad info.
    (0)

Greetings, Vyvian!
    Thank you for posting your concerns about the Abyssite of Discernment. I have made sure to submit your information to the development team, and they will make sure to thoroughly inspect this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend checking on www.PlayOnline.com or http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any information about the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)