Support Job: NIN
    Area and Coordinates: Any zone
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Any Monster

Steps:
    1. Round up 9-15+ monsters
    2. Disengage or rest

My character will just freeze completely only letting me cast spells or use job abilities if it isn't frozen in the resting state.
    (0)

Greetings Vagrua!

The thread was moved from In-Game Bugs over to Technical Support as it may be a small technical error. Thank you for posting in the forums and hopefully the problem gets resolved soon!
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This issue has been around for 7+ years. Ever since a RDM picked up a dagger, casted Stoneskin+Phalanx and used the weaponskill Cyclone.

It's caused by animation lock. Too many hit animations on a character prevents it from turning to face the main target, or even to engage properly. (Character will be in attack mode on server, but client cannot update the menu until the hit animation spam ends, so using weaponskills is impossible.) Casting spells does not have that limitation, so Sleepga will work to end the animation lock.

So I doubt this issue can be resolved, since it seems to be of a "PS2 Limitations"TM technical nature. Only way to deal with it is to engage before being surrounded, or only use it solo on jobs that have aoe Sleep/Stun (such as Sleepga or Sheep Song).
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    This issue has been around for 7+ years. Ever since a RDM picked up a dagger, casted Stoneskin+Phalanx and used the weaponskill Cyclone.

It's caused by animation lock. Too many hit animations on a character prevents it from turning to face the main target, or even to engage properly. (Character will be in attack mode on server, but client cannot update the menu until the hit animation spam ends, so using weaponskills is impossible.) Casting spells does not have that limitation, so Sleepga will work to end the animation lock.

So I doubt this issue can be resolved, since it seems to be of a "PS2 Limitations"TM technical nature. Only way to deal with it is to engage before being surrounded, or only use it solo on jobs that have aoe Sleep/Stun (such as Sleepga or Sheep Song).
    It still seems like a bug to me that needs fixed. We should be able to not freeze like that from being locked by animations. I remember when summoner burn tanks would freeze up if they ever "/heal" while holding the mobs and be stuck resting until the mobs were cleared.
    (0)