Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaderofAtlantis View Post
    4) I did the macro save and switch when I tried playing on my brother's laptop when we were all visiting my mom last Christmas. It didn't transfer my macros over properly and well, my time is limited sometimes and redoing all my macros manually just isn't appealing to me.
    Log in on the PS2 and set yourself onto a blank macro page or, better yet, a blank book. Then back it up to the server.

I don't know why this works, it just does. Just another PS2 bug that will never get fixed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    So many games use different names for the same thing.

It effects it as the "textures" will look horrible with that style chat area.
    Please explain why.
    (0)

In This Thead: People don't seem to understand that adding a chat widget doesn't mean that everyone's chat log will be moved over to the side.

All it means is anyone will be able to resize and move their chat log however and wherever they want it, if they want to.

If you like it where it is, keep it there. If you don't, move it. Win-Win.
    (4)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Please explain why.
    They're ugly the normal way, uglier this new way.
    (0)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So many games use different names for the same thing.

It effects it as the "textures" will look horrible with that style chat area.
    I don't see how they would look any different than they do now. >_>

They're ugly the normal way, uglier this new way.
    But they look exactly the same either way!
    (1)

Character
    Sappho
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    woo!!!
    chat box sizing!!!
    (0)
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?
    ~ Elvis Costello

Camate here to deliver another message from Producer Hiromichi Tanaka!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka
    I’d like to start out with some responses to feedback.

I think it would work well if we could adjust the width of the log window from both the right and left side. That way, for example, we could place them log window right in the bottom center of the screen.

Is it correct to assume, based on the original image, that it will be adjustable only from the right side? I’d really like it to be adjustable from the left as well.
    We plan on closely monitoring the situation for a while with the current setup as a variety of problems could arise with the compass and action commands/other things that are constantly displayed above the log window, making the settings quite complex.

Along with the log window change, will there be additional log window backgrounds added? If adding new ones is difficult, I think it would be cool to customize the color just like you do when you select a color for your linkshell.
    We won’t be increasing the variety, but we are thinking it might be good to switch some out. Perhaps we’ll have a survey asking which numbers you would like cut. For now, we will try to see if we can make number 5 a bit darker.

Personally, I welcome the log window change. Being able to change the number of text lines is helpful.

Will it be possible to add another log window in the space that resizing would create, so we can set up different logs? For example, it’d be really great if we could have one window as the battle log and another one for chat. I’d also really appreciate it if we could customize the size of the text in the log window.
    We are not currently planning multiple windows for “the current system.”

As we are working within the limitations of the current UI, we are a bit limited with the things we can do.
    While we are working on things that we can, like the Windows version resolution improvements, we have actually begun looking into completely revamping the entire UI. Of course this is going to take some time, so once I have more information, I will be sure to share it with you.

For our next step, we are planning to address higher resolution text fonts and separate resolution settings for the overlay graphics resolution and menus.
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    We won’t be increasing the variety, but we are thinking it might be good to switch some out. Perhaps we’ll have a survey asking which numbers you would like cut. For now, we will try to see if we can make number 5 a bit darker.
    This!!!! The backgrounds are long overdue to be replaced.
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While we are working on things that we can, like the Windows version resolution improvements, we have actually begun looking into completely revamping the entire UI.
    That's... that's...
    I didn't really read that, did I?
    Somebody pinch me please, need to see if I'm awake or dreaming.
    (7)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    For our next step, we are planning to address higher resolution text fonts and separate resolution settings for the overlay graphics resolution and menus.
    All I needed to hear.

No more tiny chat box at 1920x1200!
    (3)

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast