Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12

PlayOnline Customization and Vana'diel Tribune.

No idea where this should go.

Played with the pol background and music lately? I first did back in the day, but when my PS2 died and I moved to PS3, I just set it to a crystal background and space bgm.

I've since moved to my laptop and recently I started going though and made it shuffle and downloaded all the backgrounds that I liked.

Does anyone else toy around with pol at times?

While silly, it felt nice to change up the boring old pol login crap and now its like a little jump every time I log in and hear some random ass song instead of the boring theme that I'd gotten so used to, and then I get greeted by famous FFXI imagery I don't see as often as I'd like and I'm hit by a flood of nostalgia. Those little things make me more excited to log on these days.

Now I've got an idea to put pol to more use.

If you can't implement more story into the gameplay of this game or it's little throwaway scenarios/events, why not bring back the Vana'diel tribune to add some background or flavor to these things. I'm sure many people would love a bi-monthly mini tribune with random stories or background from areas that haven't been touched on much.

What's more, it seems cheap. Have a player stories section, bring back some of the adventuring characters, and add some information on a different zone each issue. Then for special player events that come out, add some flavor text.

Also, add screens and artwork form ToAU and WotG expansions for pol backgrounds please.

It's really late here and I feel like i'm rambling, but does anyone else miss the tribune/pol stuff?
    (5)

Player
    I just want them to make POL strictly a log-in client now that all accounts are required to be SquareEnix Accounts.

Log-into POL, and you'll be greeted with either a play FFXI (with no Friends & Family Warning, have that on the same window as everything else), play Test Server, and Manage Friends List option. Quick and fast like most other MMO launchers already are.
    (0)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    They stopped caring about POL a long time ago, it doesn't really serve any purpose now (especially on PC). No one would miss it...except for the 5 people that play the game on dial up on their PS2 that don't have a computer.

Also in regards to tribune, they've said that even though they've stopped the Tribune, they have continued to post tribune like content up on Topics (though... it's been a very long time since that's happened).
    (0)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    99% of POL is useless. Take me to the damn game and skip everything else.
    (1)

You can implant BGMs from some of the games POL used to launch, and Japan had a lot more wallpapers that I extracted. I'll see if I can find the archive and instructions on where to implant it. Japan had Fantasy Earth, Dirge of Cerberus, SaGa, Front Mission Online, and Hanjuku Hero backgrounds, among others.

I'd be really interested in converting them to Windows wallpapers, but there seems to be some encryption and other data on the PNG files, like the menu icon and wallpaper name.
    (1)

Character
    Zanece
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    My personal favorite is that POL is still advertising SE games from 2008.
    (1)