Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Danz
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

requesting extended stay bugged

when you request additional time on a visitant status NPC in abyssea, it doesn't have options to choose how many stones, just 1,

and when you do submit that stone for extended time, it says it sets your time to 120 min, however. this isn't what is doing.

1. it eats ALL of your stones. so if you have 4, it doesn't eat just 1. it eats all 4

2. it doesn't even extend the time. requested to add time @37 min, after, was still the same

big issue here... how this even passed QC is beyond me.
    (0)

Greetings danz!

Thank you for taking the time to post within the forum. Before we can look into the issue, we will need a bit more information.

Could you please give us more details such as how many stones you had stored before speaking to them, your atmas, the amount of time you received or had before? Any other information would be helpful.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    when you request additional time on a visitant status NPC in abyssea, it doesn't have options to choose how many stones, just 1,

and when you do submit that stone for extended time, it says it sets your time to 120 min, however. this isn't what is doing.

1. it eats ALL of your stones. so if you have 4, it doesn't eat just 1. it eats all 4

2. it doesn't even extend the time. requested to add time @37 min, after, was still the same

big issue here... how this even passed QC is beyond me.

Yeah that menu has been bugged for eternity.

If you go above 120 minutes, then down below 120 minutes, trying to add time will result in you getting 0 extra minutes. That's either seriously bugged, or a massively retarded design. I choose to give the devs the benefit of a doubt and say it's bugged.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 06-16-2011 at 10:21 AM.

it's that way by design. Can only request up to 120 minutes per visit. So if you have 102 minutes saved and request that, you can only add 18 minutes via stones for the remainder of that stay.

If you zone in with 24 minutes and have abysites to give +18 per stone, and use two to bring it to 120 (48 per stone), than that is all you can request with stones until you leave.

Been that way since day one.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Danz
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    ok, when i first enterd i got what time i had from previously (117 min)

and the atma i got was... cant remeber the names,
    but one gave INT major, refresh minor,
    another gave INT major MND major and i was on my BLM,

was with 3 others farming seals off Iku-Turso

time was running low so i went to the NPC to extend my stay. i had 37 min at this time.
    the only option i was given was 1 stone (30 min) so i select it. i get a message saying my time was
    extended to 120 min! O.o

thought that was odd considering i only spent 1 stone. so i run back to camp and a few moments later (7 min)
    i get the message saying i only have 30 min left. i'm confused at first. the party says its a bug. so i run to exit and re-enter and add time. and i have no stones!
    (0)

I was just in there tonight with my 5 stones. Went in with 60 minutes, added one stone to make it 108, still had my other 4 on me.

Sounds like you only had one stone on you, so it would only let you use that one stone. If you have more stones, the list is longer. You may have simply forgotten to get more stones from the NPC last time you were in town.

And that is how the stones have always worked, as I mentioned above. You can only request a total of 120 minutes per visit. You requested your saved 117 minutes when you first went in, leaving you with only 3 more minutes to request. When you used your stone, it capped out at the 120 minutes of requested time, giving you the balance of 3 minutes.

What you needed to do was exit the maw and come back in (resetting your request cap to 120 again), request your saved ~34 minutes, then use your remaining stone to tack on the 30 minutes (or more if you had the abyssites granting bonus minutes).

Edit: Details from the wiki on the main Abyssea page:

■The game makes a record of the total of how much Visitant time you have started an Abyssea run with, plus how much time you have received from time extension chests on your current visit. If this total is less than 120 minutes, you will be able to return to the Conflux Surveyor and extend your current Visitant status by exchanging more Traverser Stones.
    ■Warning: Any time granted by additional stones is added to the above total, which still may not exceed the initial starting value of 120 minutes. If adding a stone exceeds the 120 minute limit, any "overflow" time is lost. (Example: You start an Abyssea run with 80 minutes of Visitant time, get three 10-minute time extension chests which increases the total to 110 minutes, and decide to exchange another stone -- this stone will only grant you 10 minutes of Visitant time, regardless of how much time you had remaining.)
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 06-15-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    And that is how the stones have always worked, as I mentioned above. You can only request a total of 120 minutes per visit. You requested your saved 117 minutes when you first went in, leaving you with only 3 more minutes to request. When you used your stone, it capped out at the 120 minutes of requested time, giving you the balance of 3 minutes.

What you needed to do was exit the maw and come back in (resetting your request cap to 120 again), request your saved ~34 minutes, then use your remaining stone to tack on the 30 minutes (or more if you had the abyssites granting bonus minutes).

Edit: Details from the wiki on the main Abyssea page:

Yeah it's always been that way, but what we are saying is that it is RETARDED.
    (1)

actually, you guys are calling it a bug...meaning there is an error in the code, when in fact it is working properly as it is coded. Thye "error" is in fact in the user, apperently because they did not understand how the system works.
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    actually, you guys are calling it a bug...meaning there is an error in the code, when in fact it is working properly as it is coded. Thye "error" is in fact in the user, apperently because they did not understand how the system works.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Yeah that menu has been bugged for eternity.

If you go above 120 minutes, then down below 120 minutes, trying to add time will result in you getting 0 extra minutes. That's either seriously bugged, or a massively retarded design. I choose to give the devs the benefit of a doubt and say it's bugged.

(0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 06-16-2011 at 10:22 AM.

and what is that supposed to do.. refute my post? In the end, you yourself are saying it is bugged when in fact it is working exactly as it was designed.

And, btw... the title of the thread:

requesting extended stay bugged
    It isn't a bug. Never was a bug. This is the original design. The ONLY way you have EVER been able to add more then 120 minutes total is through TE chests. You have never been able to extend your time beyond 120 total minutes with stones.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea

Pay particularly close attention to thisw section, which is where I took my earlier quote from:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ab..._Visitant_Time
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 06-16-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast