Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    and what is that supposed to do.. refute my post? In the end, you yourself are saying it is bugged when in fact it is working exactly as it was designed.
    I can't speak for the OP, but I don't think it's bugged, I think it's retardedly designed.

And, btw... the title of the thread:

It isn't a bug. Never was a bug. This is the original design.
    i'm not the OP, which is why I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    That's either seriously bugged, or a massively retarded design. I choose to give the devs the benefit of a doubt and say it's bugged.
    The ONLY way you have EVER been able to add more then 120 minutes total is through TE chests. You have never been able to extend your time beyond 120 total minutes with stones.
    I'm not talking about extending beyond 120 minutes, I'm talking about going down to 10 minutes then trying to add more stones gives you +0 minutes. That is retarded.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea

Pay particularly close attention to thisw section, which is where I took my earlier quote from:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ab..._Visitant_Time
    Even if that were an official SE quote, which it isnt, it still wouldn't make the system any less retarded.
    (0)

Character
    Danz
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    it ate 4 of my stones, for what it clamed to be 1 stones worth of time, tell me that's not a bug...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    it ate 4 of my stones, for what it clamed to be 1 stones worth of time, tell me that's not a bug...
    no, you only had 1 stone, or it would have given you the option of trading more stones. It lists a seperate line for each level

1 stone 30 minutes
    2 stones 60 minutes
    3 stones 90 minutes
    4 stones 120 minutes

If you don't have the stones on you, it doesn't present the higher options. you only had ONE stone on you, so it only gave you the option to trade ONE stone, and nothing more.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    no, you only had 1 stone, or it would have given you the option of trading more stones. It lists a seperate line for each level

1 stone 30 minutes
    2 stones 60 minutes
    3 stones 90 minutes
    4 stones 120 minutes

If you don't have the stones on you, it doesn't present the higher options. you only had ONE stone on you, so it only gave you the option to trade ONE stone, and nothing more.
    I'll try this when I get home from work, just to be sure.
    (0)

I can't speak for the OP, but I don't think it's bugged, I think it's retardedly designed.

i'm not the OP, which is why I wrote:

Originally Posted by Raksha
    That's either seriously bugged, or a massively retarded design. I choose to give the devs the benefit of a doubt and say it's bugged
    I'm not talking about extending beyond 120 minutes, I'm talking about going down to 10 minutes then trying to add more stones gives you +0 minutes. That is retarded.

Even if that were an official SE quote, which it isnt, it still wouldn't make the system any less retarded.
    Ok, there you go again....missing the point. A bug implies an error in the programming. There IS NO ERROR -- that is how it is designed to function. IF you don't like the way they choose to mange your time, that is a disagreement with the design, but it is not an error in the coding--which is what you are saying when you say it is bugged, that there is a glitch in the code. Sauying it is retarded is completely different--that means you don't like the way they designed it to work, not that it is bugged...simply you don't like the way it works. But it is in fact behaving as it was coded to do.

The fact that you can't add time past 120 minutes has been documented from day one. Even in the original release we were told you could not extend your stay beyond 120 minutes with stones, so even though those links weren't direct quotes from SE and written from players' experiences--we WERE told by SE there was a limit to how much time could be requested. It is even mentioned in SE's play guide hosted on their servers:

Visitant Status
    The "visitant" status is essential for those wishing to journey within Abyssea. You will be permitted to remain there only while this status is active. Upon arrival in Abyssea, speak with a "Conflux Surveyor" NPC posted nearby to be granted visitant status in exchange for traverser stones. One stone will allow you a 30-minute stay (Earth time), with 120 minutes being the maximum permitted duration. Methods exist that allow players to extend their visitant duration.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/...23/detail.html
    **note that went up 6/22/2010

Shortly after it's release, it was well documented that if you tried to extend your time past 120 minutes of added time you would loose the excess minutes on your stones, since there is a cap to how much time you can add from any method other than time from chests. This is not new info, and is not a bug--it was intentionally designed that way.

Many have not agreed with that. Many have lobbied (including myself) to having that cap extended in line with our abyssites (keep the cap inline with 4x our stones actual time, as it was initially 4X30, with 6 sojourns it should extend to 4x48). But that is a disagreement with the decision to implement the cap the way they did--it is not an error in the coding, and hence is not a "bug". It may be "buggered" in the sense that it's a bassackwards design, but it isn't "bugged" in the sense that it's a harmful glitch or exploit.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

I'll try this when I get home from work, just to be sure.
    I've been doing it the last 3 days.... this is the way it works. Went in this morning and traded 1 stone to ttake time to 102 minutes and played for a while. Went to town and filled up stones before logging. Just went in again with 5 stones, traded 2 to add 96 minutes and left with 54 minutes saved. Still have 3 stones on me... when day flips, I'm going back in again and I'll trade 1 stone to make it 102 minutes again and go kill more cockatrice for my trial and I'll still have 2 stones left on me.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Ok, there you go again....missing the point. A bug implies an error in the programming. There IS NO ERROR -- that is how it is designed to function.
    IF you don't like the way they choose to mange your time, that is a disagreement with the design,
    but it is not an error in the coding--which is what you are saying when you say it is bugged, that there is a glitch in the code.
    Sauying it is retarded is completely different--that means you don't like the way they designed it to work, not that it is bugged...simply you don't like the way it works. But it is in fact behaving as it was coded to do.
    Even in the original release we were told you could not extend your stay beyond 120 minutes with stones, so even though those links weren't direct quotes from SE and written from players' experiences--we WERE told by SE there was a limit to how much time could be requested. It is even mentioned in SE's play guide hosted on their servers:
    Even if that were an official SE quote,... it still wouldn't make the system any less retarded.
    Shortly after it's release, it was well documented that if you tried to extend your time past 120 minutes of added time you would loose the excess minutes on your stones,
    It was retarded back then too, things don't become less retarded the older they are.

since there is a cap to how much time you can add from any method other than time from chests. This is not new info, and is not a bug--it was intentionally designed that way.
    Yeah it's always been that way, but what we are saying is that it is RETARDED.

Expending a stone to give you +0 minutes is retarded design. If i'm down to 10 minutes, and I want to add stones back up to 120 minutes, that menu should allow me to.

As it is currently coded, that menu serves no purpose.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raksha; 06-16-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I've been doing it the last 3 days.... this is the way it works. Went in this morning and traded 1 stone to ttake time to 102 minutes and played for a while. Went to town and filled up stones before logging. Just went in again with 5 stones, traded 2 to add 96 minutes and left with 54 minutes saved. Still have 3 stones on me... when day flips, I'm going back in again and I'll trade 1 stone to make it 102 minutes again and go kill more cockatrice for my trial and I'll still have 2 stones left on me.
    Yeah that's the way it works if you exit and re-enter, but it doesnt work that way if you go through the extend time menu.
    (0)

Yeah that's the way it works if you exit and re-enter, but it doesnt work that way if you go through the extend time menu.
    Actually, it works the same way regardless. Just did it. Went in with 5 stones on me and 13 minutes saved, requested that 13 minutes. Went to extend time and it gave me options for expanding my time with my stones:

1 stone for 30 minutes
    2 stones for 60 minutes
    3 stones for 90 minutes
    4 stones for 120 minutes

It doesn't show me anything for my 5th stone because you can't add stones to go past your initial 120 minutes.

I added one stone for 30 + my 18 from abyssites (48 minutes) and exited the menu, putting me at 61 minutes and 4 stones on me.

Went back into it to extend again and, again it broke it down for all the stones I had on me tjhat I could spend until I hit my initial 120 minutes:

1 stone for 30 minutes
    2 stones for 60 minutes

Again, it didn't show me any more options as I can't use anymore stones than 2 because 61+60=121, exceeding the 120 minute iniitial time cap.

Added my one stone and exited with 108 minutes saved, (one minute had ticked down).

My key items still shows my remaining 3 stones on me.

So, the OP either used saved time/spent stones initially and it only left enough headroom to spend 1 stone, or he/she otherwise wound up with only 1 stone to add by the time they went back to add time. Since he/she only added one stone (@37 minutes after being in there for a while) and then had no stones left in KI list, it is safe to assume he/she only had ONE STONE TO SPEND and not 4.

This all boils down to understanding how the system works. Like the example given in the wiki post, you go in and apply your saved 80 minutes...that only leaves you with 40 minutes to extend with until you meet your initial time cap of 120. After you select your stone to spend, it tells you about adding your bonus time from abyssites and so you can adjust the time and to confirm it. Then it applies the time and tells you how much time you have initially applied--if you hit the cap it tells you 120 minutes. If not, it will tell you where you are towards that cap--with no abyssites you would confirm you are adding 30 minutes and it would tell you 110 minutes. That means you can ONLY ADD 10 MORE MINUTES AND THEN YOU ARE CAPPED FOR INITIAL TIME YOU CAN REQUEST WITH STONES. Essentially, at that point you need to be adding time with chests or exit and apply time if you are running low, as you only have 10 minutes allowed to be added for that session. In the same scenario with 6 sojourns, you would confirm that you were getting an additional 18 minutes and it would try to add 48 minutes and return the message that 120 minutes had been applied--meaning you hit the cap. Sorry, but you either weren't paying attention to the messages on your screen and wasted the extra 8 minutes, or you just didn't care about it because Joachim and company is holding 60+ stones for you to burn. In both cases, you need to be adding time via TE chests, or exit and re-enter to use your stones to add time as you have hit the initial 120 minute cap and can only use TE chests to add more time for that session.

The ONLY method to go beyond your first 120 minutes of visitant time once you initially get visitant status is through time extensions. You can get it any way you choose up to that first 120 minutes--saved time, stones, TE's--all that accrues for your first 120 minutes. After that first 120 minutes of visitant status is applied, you can ONLY GET ADDITIONAL TIME PAST 120 VIA TE CHESTS.

And again....you keep going with it being bugged programming because you don't like the way it caps your requested time. Disgreeing with a program's mechanics and it actually throwing errors are two completely different things. THIS IS NOT A BUG IN THE PROGRAMMING. The responses may be confusing because you don't seem to fully understand what it is doing, but it is doing what it is supposed to be. A bug in a program means it is erroring and allowing an exploit, crashing, or simply just doing something other than what was intended. It IS doing what was intended...not allowing you to use stones to extend your visitant time for more than the initial 120 minutes in a single session. If you don't like the fact it is capping your ability to go past your first 120 minutes with stones, then fine... call it retarded and disagree however you want, but don't say it is BUGGED CODE because it is not bugged, you just don't aggree with the mechanic. Flawed design concept, yes, but glitched? Not if it is capping you and preventing you from using stones to go past that first 120 minute cap. That is what it is SUPPOSED to do.

Again, it is designed to only allow you to use saved time and stones to get to your first 120 minutes. Once you've hit your first 120 minutes of time via saved time, TE, and/or stones--you can not add any more time unless you get it from a TE chest. If you use a stone to add time and at that point it were to put you past your first 120 minutes, it will be cut off and only let you extend it to the 120th minute, the rest is just discarded because you can't use stones to go past the first 120 minutes per session. That is the way it was designed. As stated in the initial release from SE--you can initially request up to your first 120 minutes with stones/saved time, and there are other methods to extend your time past that initial 120 minutes (meaning, you have to pop chests to go past 120 minutes in a single session).
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 06-16-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    And again....you keep going with it being bugged programming because you don't like the way it caps your requested time. Disgreeing with a program's mechanics and it actually throwing errors are two completely different things. THIS IS NOT A BUG IN THE PROGRAMMING. The responses may be confusing because you don't seem to fully understand what it is doing, but it is doing what it is supposed to be. A bug in a program means it is erroring and allowing an exploit, crashing, or simply just doing something other than what was intended. It IS doing what was intended...not allowing you to use stones to extend your visitant time for more than the initial 120 minutes in a single session. If you don't like the fact it is capping your ability to go past your first 120 minutes with stones, then fine... call it retarded and disagree however you want, but don't say it is BUGGED CODE because it is not bugged, you just don't aggree with the mechanic. Flawed design concept, yes, but glitched? Not if it is capping you and preventing you from using stones to go past that first 120 minute cap. That is what it is SUPPOSED to do.

Again, it is designed to only allow you to use saved time and stones to get to your first 120 minutes. Once you've hit your first 120 minutes of time via saved time, TE, and/or stones--you can not add any more time unless you get it from a TE chest. If you use a stone to add time and that point and it were to put you past your first 120 minutes, it will be cut off and only let you extend it to the 120th minute, the rest is just discarded because you can't use stones to go past the first 120 minutes per session. That is the way it was designed. As stated in the initial release from SE--you can initially request up to your first120 minutes with stones/saved time, and there are other methods to extend your time past that initial 120 minutes (meaning, you have to pop chests to go past 120 minutes in a single session).

Ok i've gone back and re-read the entire thread. I've only mentioned the word 'bugged' three times, all of which were in my initial post. (EDIT: and once more on page 2, where I specifically said that I didn't think it was bugged)

Let's re-read my initial post and attempt to resolve our disagreements:

Yeah that menu has been bugged for eternity.
    Here I was responding to the OP. He used the word 'bugged', so I used the word 'bugged'. I understood what the guy meant, and didn't want to be pedantic.

If you go above 120 minutes, then down below 120 minutes, trying to add time will result in you getting 0 extra minutes.
    This is pretty self-explanatory.

That's either seriously bugged, or a massively retarded design. I choose to give the devs the benefit of a doubt and say it's bugged.
    Here I was speaking tongue-in-cheek. It was basically a back-handed compliment. If this is the source of your confusion then I apologize.

Now that we agree that I don't think the menu is bugged, can we at least agree that it is a massively retarded design?

The menu, as it exists now, serves no purpose in-game.

If you go in with less than 120 minutes saved up, and 1 or more stones, you add stones to build up your time to 120 (or close to 120 if you don't want to go over). USING THE 'EXTEND TIME' MENU AFTER THIS POINT RESULTS IN WASTED STONES.

If you go in with less than 120 minutes saved up, and 0 stones, you set your remaning time and then you're done. YOU CAN'T USE THE 'EXTEND TIME' MENU UNDER THIS SCENARIO BECAUSE YOU HAVE 0 STONES.

the only potential use I see in this entire menu, is if you somehow don't add enough stones when you first get status, you can immediately add another stone to get up to 120 instead of having to zone out and back in. This almost never happens, and even if it did, you could just zone out and back in again, oh and If you get TEs that push you over 120 minutes, THE 'EXTEND TIME' MENU NO LONGER DOES YOU ANY GOOD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 06-16-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast