Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Erecia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I understand why Voidwatch's loot system was designed how it is. That doesn't stop it from being awful in practice.

I don't have any other input other than to say that it basically doesn't matter what loot the devs add to Voidwatch: the loot distribution system alone (never mind the actual difficulty of battle) will ensure I stay far, far away.
    (2)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation.
    No one ever receives anything as compensation, this is a terrible system. If someone does get something, half of the time it can't even be used by that person. What is your answer to this, that that person needs to level another job just to have "received compensation?"

This needs to get fixed.
    (8)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The current system would be fine but ONLY if drop rates would be increased. Did the windy path twice the other day (had to swap people out for wins so every fight was fought twice), we capped lights on most fights, and the stuff that I got? Absolutely 0 items, all junk crafting stuff. One of our NIN's who had already received the HQ R/EX WAR/PLD/ect.. harness ... received it again and could do nothing about it. The only good item of the entire night, and it was thrown away.

The drop rates would be acceptable provided you could trade / exchange gear, otherwise they need to increase those drop rates so that you get ~something~. What it's really seeming like is you have a limited number of item slots and that their usually filled with crafting junk before the good stuff even has a chance to drop.
    (3)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Eh I like the system. Because If someone else wants it but it ends up in my casket I dont have to wait my turn so to speak. But it would be nice to be able to take said item or put in tp as in the op's case. Otherwise it's a great system. What this system really needs is more good stuff. King pops in lower tiers and hq king pops in the big boy fights would be cool since so many pple r having teouble with king drops.
    (0)

Character
    Thanotous
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    and if you were able to trade(removing ex), add to treasure pool, etc.... everyone would complete the said content very quickly, would you really continue do play such a hassle of content after everyone got their drops? i would assume most wouldn't and i am sure VW loot system it to keep those subscription fees in tact, esp. since FFXIV is still non-chargable, they have pretty much dug themselves a huge hole, and their only saving grace right now is to keep FFXI alive, till they finish the still much needed overall on FFXIV, I would almost think it would be better to scrap that game altogether, its been almost a year (maybe over a year, don't remember the release after beta) and they have made absolutely no money off it rather than the initial cost, which if you take into account the amount of resources they have put into trying to fix the game, that overrides any amount of sales they have made thus far. anyways kinda off on another tangent.
    (0)

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards
    Great concept!

we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.
    To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a Voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation.
    Failed implementation!

If you're bent on not allowing Voidwatch loot to be sent to the Treasure Pool, then that's fine, but you still need to development and implement a better Rewards system than what is currently in FFXI.

As an alternative, please establish an NPC system where the NPC will accept Rare/Ex Voidwatch drops in exchange for "credits". Said "credits" could then be used to purchase other Rare/Ex Voidwatch loot. For example, a Player could trade 3 Strendu Rings to the NPC, and then use the "credits" received to acquire a Faz. Radiant Mail.

That's just one suggestion, but something like this needs to happen. Don't waste an opportunity for FFXI to have an excellent high-quality endgame event that provides BOTH difficulty/challenge AND a loot/rewards system that's actually rewarding.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Elanabelle View Post
    Great concept!

Failed implementation!

If you're bent on not allowing Voidwatch loot to be sent to the Treasure Pool, then that's fine, but you still need to development and implement a better Rewards system than what is currently in FFXI.

As an alternative, please establish an NPC system where the NPC will accept Rare/Ex Voidwatch drops in exchange for "credits". Said "credits" could then be used to purchase other Rare/Ex Voidwatch loot. For example, a Player could trade 3 Strendu Rings to the NPC, and then use the "credits" received to acquire a Faz. Radiant Mail.

That's just one suggestion, but something like this needs to happen. Don't waste an opportunity for FFXI to have an excellent high-quality endgame event that provides BOTH difficulty/challenge AND a loot/rewards system that's actually rewarding.
    The idea of a point system by trading other r/ex items isn't too bad. Though, its rather obvious the tediously low drop rates were too keep us doing this thing for quite some time.

If they handed us every single drop like Abyssea did, The game would become boring a lot quicker. Rather most people think it or not the goals, rather it be getting gears or what have you is what generally keeps people playing, even after going 0/40+, They'll still want that darn armor, and probably continue camping it.

So if they introduced a "Point" system it'd probably be something like"

30 Strendu Rings for enough points for Faz. Radiant Mail
    They realistically want you to spend as much time as possible on these events, because while they try their best, its still hard to continually release content to keep us entertained. So instead of going the "Lots of shit with easy to obtain drops" route, They've decided to take the "Difficult foes with low drop rates" path to buy them time to create new events and what not.

tl:dr the drop rates are shit because they need to keep us busy to buy them time to create more content.

Edit: That and I'm almost positive while designing this event some idiot said "If 18 people are all getting a drop pool, that means there 18 chances to get the drop, its multiplying their odds by 18x! So we need to nerf the drop rate to compensate for this"

and thus every single drop in voidwatch is under 2% rate even with 500% Light.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 10-10-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    The idea of a point system by trading other r/ex items isn't too bad. Though, its rather obvious the tediously low drop rates were too keep us doing this thing for quite some time.
    tl:dr the drop rates are shit because they need to keep us busy to buy them time to create more content.

Edit: That and I'm almost positive while designing this event some idiot said "If 18 people are all getting a drop pool, that means there 18 chances to get the drop, its multiplying their odds by 18x! So we need to nerf the drop rate to compensate for this"

and thus every single drop in voidwatch is under 2% rate even with 500% Light.
    I'd very much like to see the Developer Staff or Representative respond to these allegations.

If Karbuncle's assessment is accurate, then S-E is basically dooming Voidwatch's potential popularity going forward.

I'd like to think Karbuncle is wrong, and that S-E is willing to acknowledge that there are opportunities to make Voidwatch more satisfying to the playerbase.

Karbuncle (correctly) pointed out that developers can take:
    A. a "tons of potential loot with easy acquisition" route, or,
    B. a "really difficult battles with really low chance for loot" approach.

However, why can't we instead all have what most of us really want the most:
    C. "really difficult battles with a medium-to-good chance for loot" ?
    (3)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    its ok ur gettin ur 2k petrified log brah
    (4)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Anyone who's familiar with Voidwatch (that includes you, Cam) knows the treasure distribution system is shit. And the "rewards" that everyone receives in the end, even with full lights and the whole sha-bang, are almost always gonna be Logs, Ingots, Potions, and Beastcoins. This, coupled with the fact that fights are rather challenging for most groups and require a fair number of people, is greatly deterring people from even doing Voidwatch.

We know it'd be possible for the dev team to implement an "Add spoils to treasure pool" option, yet they won't because SE wants to drag us all out for as long as possible with this shit system. But of course, hypothetically, 3 years down the road SE will decide to "revise old content" and add this "Add spoils to treasure pool" option in VW.

It's bullshit. It's shady. And it's annoying. Please throw us a bone here. x.x We promise it wouldn't ruin Voidwatch.
    (7)

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast