Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation.
    I personally really do love this sytem. But the problem is doing say, the same NM ~20 times hoping to get your friend a R/EX Item... and you've gotten and tossed 10 of them but he hasn't gotten one yet. (exaggerating the numbers obv D

This is incredibly frustrating. I love the event is designed to reward everyone, but maybe players should also have the choice to give their drops to someone. I don't like losing an item someone needs because i have one.

... now, I know where you're worried. You're worried if they add this, some groups might impose a rule you put your stuff into the pool so people can lot it... ruining the whole "individual reward" aspect of Voidwatch...

Oh well, I guess its not a huge catastrophe.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I suppose its basically impossible to have your cake and eat it too.

This system does have the advantage of no fighting and drama over drops, it just sucks to get something you don't want that someone else does and not be able to give it to them.

What am I supposed to do when I obtain a Deluxe Animator from Akupara?
    The deluxe animator is a false reward. It's inferior to the animator +1. Thus, PUP or no PUP, you're going to throw it away.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You know, this should have an easier fix. Make the item on chest drop where you have options to add to treasure poll. So you take what you want, and the rest put it on treasure pool. Oh yeah... no they will not and refuse to do this because... OMG that would mean there is no timesink for you... so typical SE. In the past they came up with many interesting ideas, but FAIL big time in implementation, then abandoned said ideas and never bother to adjust or fix it. Voidwatch seems to be destined to go down this path. To the developers, please, STOP adding new things if you never intend to fix it. DO FOCUS on tweaking, adjust and fix things you have now that is popular and working, and make sure it does get better.
    (3)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 06-17-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I suppose its basically impossible to have your cake and eat it too.
    They could remove the ra/ex tags, then you can have all the cake you can afford, and eat as much of it as you like.
    (5)

Character
    Cloudxz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation.
    Obtaining a Peridot and a Pro Ether +1 for the fight is not considered compensation in my book for the annoyance of getting max spectral alignment.

Well if you're not planning to change this treasure pool problem then I guess we'll have to hope that the new update you have in store for us is actually good and not garbage. Don't let us down!
    (7)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    an easy fix could be to add a voidwatch point system. then hav a npc that sell the good item for an insane amount of point.

so you keep the timesink but have all ppl happy too.

or add to the drop list some kind of spoil item that can be traded to a npc for an item of your choosing.
    (8)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

But, you have also already proven that you are capable of making it so you can optionaly add the contents of chests to the treasure pool and people are saying that they would like this to be an option.
    (5)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There is a very easy way to fix the problem: remove the EX flag, but don't add it to the AH. This way, people can bazaar unusable stuff or trade it away.

Not that I know any PUP that actually wants the Deluxe Animator.. unless there is an undiscovered hidden effect that actually beats Animator +1. Few exceptions aside, Voidwatch rewards are barely a side-grade to lvl 75 gear, let alone 90...
    (5)

Character
    Squeejee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95

I wouldn't mind this system so much if it wasn't the only place you can get one of only four animators. None of the other Voidwatch equipment people are screaming about wanting but not getting is irreplaceable.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Is there any reason why SE went with this ludicrous drop system instead of a points system (assault / einherjar) for the rare/ex loot? If the intentions were to combat RMT, and people selling gear...I guess it worked, but it also prevented a lot of people from doing the event. I cant speak for everyone, but I have no intention of devoting time to something where the distribution of loot is determined by the games random number generator instead of the group. I'd probably rage quit and just up and delete my characters if I did a VW run and the war r/e item popped on my mule's acct (who doesnt have war lvled), and then on my main I got a strendu ring (who has, but never uses, mage jobs).

A system similar to Assault/Einherjar with a point system would equally combat RMT/item selling, and leave less people upset because everyone in their LS got a Deluxe Animator except for the resident pup.
    (7)
    Last edited by Nynja; 09-12-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast