Character
    Dreamingheart
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Modus Veritas and a much needed fix.

I understand that a few years ago Modus Veritas was adjusted so that it couldn't be used to burn down large-scale NMs such as Absolute Virtue. I think the change was a bit drastic to nearly making the job ability useless.

Now that Voidwatch is released with a myriad of new ways to trigger weaknesses on these NMs. On several occasions as SCH, I find myself needing to use Modus Veritas to trigger a weakness on one of those Voidwatch NMs. 80% of the time, the job ability misses. This is very frustrating, especially when it's a high weakness.

Something needs to be adjusted to make this job ability reliable as it used to be. Either Square-Enix needs to lower the recast timer for the job ability to something that can be used more often or remove the chance to miss and bring it back to how it used to be.
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingheart View Post
    I understand that a few years ago Modus Veritas was adjusted so that it couldn't be used to burn down large-scale NMs such as Absolute Virtue. I think the change was a bit drastic to nearly making the job ability useless.

Now that Voidwatch is released with a myriad of new ways to trigger weaknesses on these NMs. On several occasions as SCH, I find myself needing to use Modus Veritas to trigger a weakness on one of those Voidwatch NMs. 80% of the time, the job ability misses. This is very frustrating, especially when it's a high weakness.

Something needs to be adjusted to make this job ability reliable as it used to be. Either Square-Enix needs to lower the recast timer for the job ability to something that can be used more often or remove the chance to miss and bring it back to how it used to be.

The two times i've triggered weakness with modus veritas it stuck, I just assumed it always worked that way (in voidwatch).
    (0)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Agreed, but with a caveat. Remember, we are supposed to be getting more "Higher level Merits" In the future... meaning Modus Acc or recast down will probably be one of them. Since the only issue with Modus Veritas is multiple SCH Stacking, I wish they would fix it so that at the least a Single trigger Modus Veritas has a 100% land rate. Multi SCH stacking should get an Acc bite, but nerfing solo SCH seems brutal at a 10 minute recast.
    (3)

Character
    Dreamingheart
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    The two times i've triggered weakness with modus veritas it stuck, I just assumed it always worked that way (in voidwatch).
    On Tier 1 & 2 Voidwatch NMs, I have no problem landing Modus Veritas. On 3 & especially 4, the chance of it actually hitting so far has been around 10~20% from my experience.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingheart View Post
    On Tier 1 & 2 Voidwatch NMs, I have no problem landing Modus Veritas. On 3 & especially 4, the chance of it actually hitting so far has been around 10~20% from my experience.
    super lame then
    (0)

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    agreed...i actually dont remmebr the last NM i landed MV on lol honestly SE was too mad about this JA when they found out how it was being used...which reminds me i might as well demerit that.
    (0)