Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

[dev1000] Healing Magic Skill up

This is possibly the most difficult Magic to skill . Why ? It's frustrating that i spend hours on WHM (or RDM or SCH for that matter) doing nothing but curing , hasting , removing negative status effects , and reapplying protect and shell to have my Enhancing Magic (erase is an enhancement ? really?) go up 5+ Lvs but never see one healing magic skill up . Even with martial master kupower (if it even affects it) i have yet see a significant gain in skill level .
    Every magic skill except for Divine and Healing is well over 325 at this point . I neglect divine , but even when i cast Flash or Holy for Weaknesses i will see a skill up 30%+ of the time (and its usually 0.5 or 0.4 with the occasional 0.9). Is there a secret to Leveling this most important White Mage Skill ? Am i doing something wrong ? why is my Black mage's Elemental Skill capped but my White Mage's Healing magic isnt even over 300 ?
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hello. I have my Healing Magic capped (My Enhancing Magic is also capped, and I've been working on Divine Magic too. The thing I have issues with is Enfeebling to be honest.) on my WHM. Now while the main thing I did was lots and lots of cure spam in high level parties, alongside debuff removal, but one thing I tried, and had great success with nuking high level undead with cure spells.

Here is a guide for a relatively safe camp in Abyssea you can solo.

Use your healing magic offensively, and it will fly up pretty fast, I believe one mob using the guide I linked will get you between 3-5 skillups, perhaps more.
    (1)
    Last edited by Economizer; 06-12-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Making Link more obvious.

Player
    Ignore it, it will cap on it's own eventually.
    (3)

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    thnx for the advice . i got some advice on GW that seems to be workin very well . Cure spamming on High Lv Undead . 30 minutes : 5 Magic skill lv , 8 on club , 6 on Shield . Skellys in Attowha .
    (0)

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If you look at the healing formulas, as long as you have decent cure potency +, your healing magic gains you 1 hp every 13 + levels meaning that the difference between say 100 and 360 skill is only 20 hp. On a spell like Cure V where you can already do 1100 hp that is hardly noticeable.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    ^ wat.

The base power on a cure5 varies depending on what region you're in. 5 SKILL often gives you about 1 HP on a cure5.

That said, higher skill doesn't seem to have much of an effect on anything else noteworthy. Unless you're a hardcore WHM looking for e-peen style perfect numbers, then don't worry about it.
    (0)

Player
    Healing magic is very useful to me. It may not do much for my cures, but don't forget that higher skills prevent interrupts, which is very useful when pulling/cataclysm'ing mandies, meleeing, and other times when you're getting hit.
    (0)

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    my concern with it is more along the removal of Doom from some of the high Lv NMs in abyssea and Voidwatch . Feel like i am not doin my job when tanks are dying from it because i cant remove it . I have found using Apollo's Staff , instead of Surya+2 has a higher chance of removal (duh?) but even then it can still end in failure . We were farmin Glavoid lastnight , i was on SCH and using Apollo i was able to remove when our WHm wasnt (they were using Surya+2) but it still took a few tries . Had some real nail biter moments there lol . the other whm was @ 339 base skill with AF3+2 body (+20) and Sirona Ring (+10) Vs SCH Light Arts 341 . If Apollo is the deal maker its a bit disappointing . but who knows . need moar testing
    (0)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The thing I have issues with is Enfeebling to be honest.
    Dia II. On everything that won't need to be slept. It won't miss. It's driven mine right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikumaru View Post
    I have found using Apollo's Staff , instead of Surya+2 has a higher chance of removal (duh?) but even then it can still end in failure . ... need moar testing
    It would...make a bizarre sort of sense that Cursna tests for some for of magic accuracy - skill would increase that, and the Light Magic Affinity on the Light/Apollo/2597 Surya+2 would outperform the 2599 Surya+2's Cure Potency. I'm not sure I want to test this though... (And why the rest of the -nas are automatic, I don't know.) I can tell you it's not Apollo's alone. If only.

On topic, though, I have done the schnitters in Attohwa and can verify they work very well. Cycle in Flash for Divine and use enfeebles as well, and have yourself a field day.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbeen View Post
    Ignore it, it will cap on it's own eventually.
    That's the reasoning that lead to my healing not capping for 3 years.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast