Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    All 8 elements are accounted for in spikes already, and there's really no pourpose for a second tier when they raised(removed?) the formula hard cap.

Honestly I can't see a utility for this, unless the higher tiers were also giving the beneficial effects Seriha was wanting to add to an Enspell line.

Shock Spikes that give Crit Hit rate? Stoneskin that comes with Physical Damage% Down? I can go for that, so long as our next tier of enspells do something extra too.
    (0)

Light Spikes = Reprisal
    Dark Spikes = Dread Spikes
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    Shock Spikes are good when you have to kite something without /nin
    They're good fullstop if you have Paralyze II, a chance to stun over no additional effect is better.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    They're good fullstop if you have Paralyze II, a chance to stun over no additional effect is better.
    Only if you're not the primary target. Ice spikes is a large money saver when it comes to MP efficient defenses when you're the main target, to the point where it's worth sacrificing the additional stuns.

The exception would be max defensive stacking. In which case you'd probably have to Saboteur Para II (even full merited) to preform to or above Ice Spikes, which would come at the sacrifice of using it for Slow II.

Either one you pick, the rare occasion of stun from the attack really ends up being kind of redundant.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hyrist; 06-16-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    First off when I used quote for light and dark spikes, I simply meant those to be filler names. My idea was to have a "reverse-samba" like effect that when damaging a redmage directly, the redmages magical and enspells would increase dramatically the more hit he gets. I threw numbers like +1 for Enspell damage to help improve Enspell 2 not necessarily super power them up.
    I later include all the "elemental spikes 2" as pure damage rather than other effects like stoneskin or aquaviel. Having spike 2's do more damage would be "free" nukes in a way. For example, (using fake numbers) if spikes II not only double magical damage(they could even function like dark spikes...being limited to "set" amounts of damage" but power up the Enspell 2 damage outputs(say 10-25 extra points over time) and/or increase a redmage ability to deal "magical criticals" easier.?
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    yeah but the question is, is anyone going to use them?

Tank RDM is about as accepted as DD melee RDM. I guess making RDM a better solo could be a solution, but honestly, I would rather be better in a party.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Philosophically, Ive always leaned toward the "solo enhancer" model of redmages. I categorize RDM as solo boost and WHM as party boost. That being said, why Spikes II? Why not? More damage over time for a relatively cheap mp cost sounds like good battle sense.
    If those spikes II gave an equivalent damage of say an AM(say 1k damage divided by per/hit ratio) for the cost of only 100mp or so. Not only that but increase over time a Enspell II damage even by a cap of +10 additional points per swing. Over the course of the Enspell II duration these spell adds significant damage to a redmages output at relatively low mp cost. Yes, yes dual wield adds a BIG problem to the damage formula, but dual wield cause these same problem to all job not specifically redmages. Why swing once when you can swing twice.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2