Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90

Summoner update ~ new job ability "sacrifice"

This new job ability "Sacrifice" when used by a Summoner, cause a loss of given abilities(such as ATT, DEF, ACC, TP gain, etc) by a certain percentage and gives this to the summoner pet. Basically, weaken a players melee ability while strengthening a pets. I guess, you can call it a "summoner's stance".
    This could add to the versatility of the job somewhat and play style. Most Summoners, tend to hold back anyway, whether from fear of AOE's or other reasons.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Except there's already a WHM spell called "Sacrifice". Even so, SMN doesn't get much in the way of melee ability unless you sacrifice a lot of -perp and/or refresh gear.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Player
    We still don't, even if you sacrifice that gear. We get modest haste gear and the 2H update.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Which was my point..if a summoner doesn't want to melee, and probably shouldn't the few extra stats given up to their pets could increase a pets power. "Sacrificing" 10-20% of a Summoners melee potential, allowing them to remain at a distance, while boosting their pets by the same 10-20% amount could be awesome. By the way when I name something in quotes, that's just a filler name. I'm open to name suggestions, actual numbers, and debate.
    (0)

Player
    So, basically, you want to penalize summoners who get any of the "big 3" staves?
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    No, not penalize...this is a job ability to be used as a summoner sees fit. If your gonna "stand back" why not feed your pet extra power?
    (0)

Player
    Why not just buff the pet? To people too lazy to get a melee staff, it makes no difference... right?
    (0)

If you stand back, you are probably not in melee gear, and it would be a bad ability. If you are up meleeing in melee gear, you probably wouldn't want this ability to ruin your chances at melee.

I don't see any moment anyone would use this. Unless you are talking taking natural stats, like giving 200 staff skill to the avatar's "staff" attacks. (Well, they are too slow to be 1 handed swings)
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Hmm...I'm reading the post I'm not understanding what people are talking about? If u want to melee you WOULDN'T use this ability. If however, you fear either AOE damage/stat issues such as cerebus "gates of hade", feeding mobs TP, or enimity issue...why not stand back and boost your pets ability?
    Game mechanic/programming. This ability could sap any "melee" stats(individually or group) of summoner. I'm talking ACC for things like multi-hit moves such as predator, or even MaB for spell damage.
    Let's try to rephrase it..if a standard summoner formula is 50/50 summoner and pet. When a player stand in support position and use this move the formula now becomes 25/75 to the pet. Since a summoner is standing back and not fighting..the loss of their melee strength is negated anyway. This is similar to many other moves such as a warriors defender and berserk job ability. Where your pushing either ATT or def up while losing it's opposite.
    (0)

Player
    Just learn how to melee. Problem solved.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast