Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Well Blitzer's roll is crap anyways, and i'm fairly certain enspells and haste samba dont stack :x
    Well if i was in a party with a DNC I'd drop inferno howl for something else to max out the haste we were giving the party
    (1)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Player
    The reason I left off Crimson Roar is because firstly Ifrit kinda sucks and isn't even worth calling out for some enfire that can easily wind up being resisted on harder mobs and secondly because idk if its just how I set parties up but usually my SMN isn't with my DD but moreso with my tanks or in a party of mages over a group of DD.

Just me, I can see where enfire can be effective, even if those situations are slim.

In Voidwatch (where SMN becomes a relevant and effective job again), the PLD will be using enlight and you don't want many DD around so the en-fire becomes irrelevant as ranged damage or disposable pets are more effective for damage than melee damage.

Really, SMN is plagued from some of the same issues other pet classes have - SE doesn't want the pet to be more powerful than the purists (BRD, COR) so we have a situation where the wards are ho-hum buffs/debuffs but nothing overly amazing.

Also, maybe it's just me but fielding a DNC outside Abyssea in the direction XI is going w/Voidwatch is currently "eh..." to me. The whole !! system is designed to be anti-zerg, anti-DD hastefest which leads to a sharp desirability in what Dancer brings to the table.

The job already has a niche as being a top tier soloer and excellent support when you can simply rush the field with DD tanks and a mage or two but at what looks to be "new" endgame, the job falls flat on its face. Personal experience may vary however.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sparthos; 06-20-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Elementa
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    -EDIT- for the record my hastega > Blitzer's roll
    Blitzer's roll is trash. It wrecks Xhits for 2 handers, and it's useless for DWs in a party with DNC, BRD, Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    yes but can they keep DD up while supporting the party AND buffing it at the same time.
    Phantom Roll
    Job Ability

Grants a beneficial effect to party members within area of effect.
    Obtained: Corsair Level 5
    Recast Time: 1 Minute
    Duration: 5 minutes.

So 5:30 seconds with af3 hands, and it takes all of 5 seconds to put up. Sometimes it takes longer due to SE/Bust/Fold, sometimes less due to Lucky Number, but about 5 seconds average to get positioned, roll/re-roll, get back to where you were.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    False on both counts. I don't always disagree, nor do I think I'm always right.

Character
    Aurara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Well, at 75 i would only do DD rolls cause mages never really had MP issues then!
    (1)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    The reason I left off Crimson Roar is because firstly Ifrit kinda sucks and isn't even worth calling out for some enfire that can easily wind up being resisted on harder mobs and secondly because idk if its just how I set parties up but usually my SMN isn't with my DD but moreso with my tanks or in a party of mages over a group of DD.

Just me, I can see where enfire can be effective, even if those situations are slim.

In Voidwatch (where SMN becomes a relevant and effective job again), the PLD will be using enlight and you don't want many DD around so the en-fire becomes irrelevant as ranged damage or disposable pets are more effective for damage than melee damage.

Really, SMN is plagued from some of the same issues other pet classes have - SE doesn't want the pet to be more powerful than the purists (BRD, COR) so we have a situation where the wards are ho-hum buffs/debuffs but nothing overly amazing.
    Usually I wind up with DDs but if I was in a mage or tank party I'd just change up the buffs I give
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    Phantom Roll
    Job Ability

Grants a beneficial effect to party members within area of effect.
    Obtained: Corsair Level 5
    Recast Time: 1 Minute
    Duration: 5 minutes.

So 5:30 seconds with af3 hands, and it takes all of 5 seconds to put up. Sometimes it takes longer due to SE/Bust/Fold, sometimes less due to Lucky Number, but about 5 seconds average to get positioned, roll/re-roll, get back to where you were.
    the same applies to my BPs except I don't hurt my damage to equip a support role subjob and can DD/Buff/support all at once.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

2. Not a melee

Character
    Aurara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Support role subjob? COR is a DD, /whm is crap(bar some situations) /rdm is limited too.
    (1)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Support role subjob? COR is a DD, /whm is crap(bar some situations) /rdm is limited too.
    So it can't perform all 3 roles that SMN can at once, my point that SMN brings a versatility to the party that other jobs can't and as such the party won't suffer too much if at all from our weaker buffs
    (0)
    Last edited by Razushu; 06-20-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

2. Not a melee

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Razushu View Post
    I wouldn't call my Damage poor.
    You called my damage poor and you do 1/4th my damage. What word means "sucks significantly more than poor?"
    (0)

Character
    Aurara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    What? COR can do all 3 jobs at once and still be better than smn :x
    Edit: What i mean is wildfire, give melee rolls, give mages rolls, and lose no dmg cause wildfire is sick.
    (1)

Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast