Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mikhalia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90

One minor change that would make FoV, GoV, and Dom Ops AWESOME

Please add in the feature that, when a player completes a Field of Valor, Grounds of Valor, or Dominion Ops page, instead of having to return to the tome/manual/NPC, the player is given the following dialog:

"You have completed this page. Would you like to repeat the same page? Yes/No"

The only problem with these three systems is that they limit camp possibilities; players tend to stick to killing whatever is closest to the book/NPC because no one wants to walk 10 mins to camp, kill 5-6 mobs, walk 10 mins back to the book/NPC, then get anotehr page and walk 10 mins back to camp and repeat. This is especially bad in areas like Crawler's Nest or Garlaige Citadel where everyone just crowds the entrance and 80% of the pages are unutilized. The same goes for Abyssea; so many Dom Ops pages are virtually never done because they're simply way too far from an NPC compared to others.

Please add in the ability to allow players to automatically repeat a page when it is completed. This would open up so many more camp site options and give people way more targets to kill because it would allow them to go deeper into an area, away from the crowd, and repeat their pages there.

Thank you for your time.
    (56)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You know people are just going to make retarded posts responding to this that confuse convenience with difficulty and complain about how you want things to be "too easy" right? Since this whole forum seems to exist for people to show off how tough they are on the internet.
    (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    You know people are just going to make retarded posts responding to this that confuse convenience with difficulty and complain about how you want things to be "too easy" right? Since this whole forum seems to exist for people to show off how tough they are on the internet.
    Woah. Calm down there tiger.

I like OP's idea. I don't know if it's technically feasible, but I'd certainly welcome such an adjustment.
    (10)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Mikhalia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Probably. Here's my thing though: walking back to a book/NPC is not difficulty. If people really wanted DIFFICULTY while leveling, then why not remove FoV and GoV and Dom ops ENTIRELY?

At any rate, my main argument is less in favor of "Remove the time sync from running back to books so people can xp faster", it's actually "Make more camps viable, since no one wants to use camps that are too far from books to be feasible."

Consider the following: In the ToAU days of xping, the camps that were taken first were the ones right next to staging points. The farther you got from a staging point, the less a camp was used.

Consider FFXIV: People always focus their leveling around Aetherite because that's where the quests are. People tend to stay as close as they can to the aetherite.

Even before ToAU in FFXI, people would always try to minimize travel time. If it took 30 mins to get to camp X and 45 mins to get to camp Y, you'd see 1-2 parties at camp Y and 4-5 parties at camp X fighting over mobs. Back to ToAU, people would sooner stick with places like MJSP and Mire and would rather fight over mobs with parties that are already there than go slightly farther out for a camp.

You see it in Abyssea -Altep sometimes; everyone will cram into the doll camp and you may sometimes get 3-4 alliances there fighting over dolls because no one wants to fight farther from the ops NPC and have to walk ALL THE WAY BACK every time.

You also see it in Bostaunieux; hardly anyone does page 4 for 4100 because Page 2 can be done twice for 2680 in less time than walking all the way to page 4, doing 9 kills, and walking back.

So my argument is less one of "Make xping easier" as it is "Make it so that more than two pages per book are actually WORTH doing in a party; make more camps viable by removing the 'focal point' (the tome/book/NPC) that players are forced to tether themselves to.".
    (11)
    Last edited by Mikhalia; 06-11-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhalia View Post
    You also see it in Bostaunieux; hardly anyone does page 4 for 4100 because Page 2 can be done twice for 2680 in less time than walking all the way to page 4, doing 9 kills, and walking back.
    Actually, page four really isn't all that bad. On Siren, there's always 1-2 people killing the leeches and sometimes 3 or 4. The run back to the book isn't all that long (there's one by the first open room with the haunts and garms, where new IT mobs begin) and after you get your page from the tome, you can drop through one of the trapdoors close by. The leeches are clumped together and there's quite a few of them so killing 9 doesn't take that long.

I didn't post just to correct you. I love the idea. Or just more tomes. That would eliminate the travel as well.
    (3)

Character
    Mikhalia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Yeah, more tomes would definitely reduce the travel time, but I think you'd still end up being "tied down" to wherever a tome was closeby. If you can renew a page without needing to run to a tome, it allows you to pick a set of mobs, find a camp, and kill away without having to leave your camp, just like the old days.

Picture what Caedarva Mire would look like if you have to kill 2 imps, 3 flies, and run back to the staging point after every set of five. :P

EDIT: I've noticed most of the people who do page 4 now are when the alliance at the entrance is full or they just want to solo/duo at 73+ where page 2 isn't feasible anymore. I've done a lot of Page 4 myself and it's fun, I just don't care for the long walk back after each page.
    (1)

Signed. This would help reduce congestion and competition over the mob camps closest to books.
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I completely agree with the OP, we should never need to go back to the book other than to select different training, reapply buffs, and to teleport back home. Why not have a magian trial style FoV book where once you select your training, you can have the temporary book to re-select it again and again. The same should happen with dominion as well. And for the love of god, please make this happen so that people actually would want to level other than the doll camp in altepa and buffalo in u.range....
    (3)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    This is a great idea.

I hope SE implements it.
    (4)

I think that is an awesome idea.
    (1)