Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

New high level WHM "Hardlight" gear + New JA "Holy Divide"

Suggestions:
    A. Introduce a high lvl Job specific "War-Mage" gear set for WHM.
    B. Add a job ability that allows WHM to force space between monsters and themselves.
    C. Add a new spell that weakens a targets resistance and Magic Defense against Divine and Light elemental Magic.

Hardlight Armor (set + weapon):
    Only the most war-tempered White mages dare to dawn this shinning war-mage armor. Unlike anything ever crafted for light-cloth wearing mages, the Hardlight armor masterfully combines plate, and durable cloak to allow the perfect balance of the highest protection and maneuverability. Along with these unique armor pieces are the crowning jewels to the sets effectiveness, the Hardlight Hammer and Shield. Forever changing the way a WHM deals with enemy aggression, the Hammer and Shield make it incredibly difficult to keep it’s sights on the mage with searing light from relentless Flash.
    »Hardlight gear

(*Note: My proposed stats are just things I would like to see. The exact stats simply need to bolster the damage potential of the WHM and their ability to take hits.)
    Holy Divide:
    Creates a Light elemental burst, area of effect, that damages and pushes enemies back in all directions. Binds targets. Duration varies with enmity.
    »Holy Divide JA
    Prism Douse:
    This new spell could possibly have 3 tiers to it that "prime" an enemy for a WHM's offensive divine magic spell by moderately-greatly (based on the tier) lowering their resistance and magic defense? It's like the reverse logic of what BLMs have. Instead of trying to stack pounds of new tiers of divine magic spells on WHM's shoulders in order to boost their magic damage, flip the script and allow them to create a weak spot that breaths that new damage potential into what WHM's already have(and hopefully will have). Though new tiers to Holy, Banish, and Banishga would still be awesome.
    • Prism Douse (possible tiers 2-3): Weakens a targets resistance and lowers Magic Defense to divine and Light elemental magic.
    So a WHM would continue to be hard pressed to see 2k+ damage from Holy or Banish III unless they pop this baby on the target 1st.

Thanks for listening Devs /salute
    (7)
    Last edited by kingfury; 01-22-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Character
    Dmer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You do realize that bind usually wears off if you hit a mob, right?
    (2)
    99: WHM | RDM | SCH | SMN | BLM | BRD | BLU | DNC | BST | MNK
    90: PLD | WAR | SAM

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    Suggestions:
    A. Introduce a high lvl Job specific "War-Mage" gear set for WHM.
    B. Add a job ability that allows WHM to force space between monsters and themselves.

Hardlight Armor (set + weapon):
    Only the most war-tempered White mages dare to dawn this shinning war-mage armor. Unlike anything ever crafted for light-cloth wearing mages, the Hardlight armor masterfully combines plate, and durable cloak to allow the perfect balance of the highest protection and maneuverability. Along with these unique armor pieces are the crowning jewels to the sets effectiveness, the Hardlight Hammer and Shield. Forever changing the way a WHM deals with enemy aggression, the Hammer and Shield make it incredibly difficult to keep it’s sights on the mage with searing light from relentless Flash.
    »Hardlight gear
    (*Note: My proposed stats are just things I would like to see. The exact stats simply need to bolster the damage potential of the WHM and their ability to take hits.)
    Holy Divide:
    Creates a Light elemental burst, area of effect, that damages and pushes enemies back in all directions. Binds targets. Duration varies with enmity.
    »Holy Divide JA
    Thanks for listening Devs /salute
    While the Hardlight set stats that you propose are waaaaay overpowered in my opinion (Has almost the same stats enhancements as the Twilight pieces) It is a decent starting point to tweak from, and if I could get that set for my WHM I'd full time it in a heart beat. Cool design.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    While the Hardlight set stats that you propose are waaaaay overpowered in my opinion (Has almost the same stats enhancements as the Twilight pieces) It is a decent starting point to tweak from, and if I could get that set for my WHM I'd full time it in a heart beat. Cool design.
    ----------------
    Yeah, I know these stats are over the top, but it's fun to dream eh? ^^

/Agreed! I wouldn't leave my mog house without it lol Thanks in regards to the design /
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-11-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmer View Post
    You do realize that bind usually wears off if you hit a mob, right?
    -----------
    Yep, but perhaps this one could be special! Maybe it could work a bit like Bora Axe does y'know.o.o

Bora Axe: Delivers a single-hit ranged attack at a maximum distance of 15.7'. Chance of binding varies with TP.
    *Bind doesn't always break from hitting mob.
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 06-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Is it just me or is the set bonus completely useless? To my knowledge, WHM doesn't get Enlight, unless something changed in the time I was gone. Or do you refer to the spikes from the shield?
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Actually WHMs get enlight from using Auspice while under Afflatus Misery.
    (1)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Is it just me or is the set bonus completely useless? To my knowledge, WHM doesn't get Enlight, unless something changed in the time I was gone. Or do you refer to the spikes from the shield?
    -----------
    Uhhh... I don't know how long you've been gone ^^ but... /points down

-------
    This.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I see, so it was just me.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The closest thing to a JSE melee set that WHM has at this point is the blessed set, which, while amazing, is probably the most expensive bit of clothcraft to buy if it HQs. Ignoring crafting disruptions, I'll give you a bit of a run down of your sets stats vs. other things in terms of balance.

The helm piece has several stats on it, but what you are looking for in a melee WHM build is primarily accuracy, then STR and MND, and maybe DEX if your lucky enough to have the luxury to look at that too. Your piece has no Accuracy on it, making it weak compared to traditional Hexa Strike WS set pieces, but it does have some good stats.

Attack+15 is phenomenal, and STR/MND/DEX+5 is decent as well. The Crit+4% puts it really in focus.
    I know some WHM use an Optical Hat (ACC+10), although it is obsolete now. That gives the new option of the Rokugo Hachimaki with ACC+12 Club+5 and Conserve TP+5, or if your using a Staff, its easier to get Staff counterpart. If you are really dedicated to WHM melee, a Selenian cap with augments of STR+4 ACC+10 Attk+5 WS-ACC+15 would probably outdo either of these. As for TP, your hat has no haste or sTP, which means it would probably only be worn for WS, assuming the stats perform better then an accuracy setup (I cannot stress how important ACC is for Hexa Strike). The two most common options here would be the Walahra Turban (5%) or the Zelus Tiara (8%).

Without some major testing I cannot say, but the hat sounds about evenly balanced, considering that you would have to ditch accuracy to gain its additional attack.

The body piece gives lots of accuracy, like most solid WHM body pieces, and other nice stats to boot. It absolutely slays the Hydra Doublet, and in a worst case senario, edges out the Royal Redingote. If you cap out haste without the Goliard Saio's 4% haste, you can probably full time this (or a RR with DW reduction) for added gain.

The stats are definitely a boost, and maybe even too good, but we don't have the stats for 99 cap yet. Hard to suggest if it is balance or not based on current information, but I would put it at above average power.

The hands do not appear to be a particular exceptional melee piece, except perhaps for Dagan. AF+1 Mitts give STR+7 MND+7, and the Blessed Mitts (not even the +1) gives +7 MND and Haste+5%. I would expect to see these mitts mainly worn for a refresh set, especially if the WHM does not have the serpentine gloves, and as a hold over until the WHM can upgrade their AF mitts.

Considering the main stat on these that is unusual is the 10% MP, I think these gloves are below average in potential to be overpowered.

The pants do not look very special for WS or TP, except for Dagan. They would be great for Sublimation and Devotion charges however, and amazing for tanking, as in, holy crap, you just capped physical damage taken between an Earth Staff (or two PDT down clubs), Twilight Torque, These Pants, Umbra Cape, and either two Dark Rings with augments or a D-ring for the luckier WHM. Plus Magic damage taken is now something like -25% (and who needed Aegis anyways?). If turning WHM into a tank was your goal, I think you've done it. With a 6% boost over the ASA legs (not counting that its all damage, not just physical) this is quite possibly one of the most overpowered equips ever. With Blessed Mitts and Boots +1, a Goliard Saio, a Goading Belt, and a Zelus Tiara, you can cap Haste as well, meaning you'll have full PDT AND full Haste from gear, without having to macro a single thing. As an afterthought, the HP up could probably be used for Souleatter as well.

For melee, there are better pants - up to 4% haste with HQ Blessed, or something special for WS, but this equip is so overpowered that you'll be tanking with Dagan in no time. I think that while I would love pants like these, they probably wouldn't be made. Maybe drop the damage taken to 4% or drop it altogether to balance it out more, and hope that SE would let you keep a straight 10% HP piece for Sublimation/Devotion macro.

The feet make the pants look balanced. SE has been incredibly stingy on movement speed gear except to very select jobs, or if you wanted to actually work for it (AF does not count SE) killing one of the hardest NMs to get claim on to this day. While I'd love to replace sand boots, especially for those times I'm not /SCH, you can't buy Herald's Gaiters, and I'm sure you couldn't get SE to place movement speed on these, even for WHM, who does not benefit as much from being able to kite something, or kite nuke.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a piece with Fast Cast AND Haste on it. I would full time these things if they existed, because they would do wonders for my recast timers, and part of it comes in an obscene amount of Haste, previously only seen on equips that have the letters "MNK" on them. There are so many easy ways you could cap haste with these on that I don't think I could list them.

See what I said about the leg pieces, and imagine something literally twice as good, especially for doing the WHM job in what is considered the "proper" way by most Haste addicted, suicidal DD jobs. This thing is like half the blessed set with movement speed and hacks on top for good measure.

I didn't think I would talk about the weapons too, but I feel compeled now.

The Weapon has an incredibly high delay for a club in my opinion, and a pretty high damage rating too. Even if these are placeholders, WS Damage +10% makes me feel foolish for ever questing the WS damage club. Depending on how often that Flash Procs, this could be a great weapon for getting hate and dying, or if your wearing all this gear, maybe tanking. Maybe.

The Shield looks like payback for PLD getting Dagda's Shield and then some, and looks built for tanking. My question is, what is the 5% of damage conversion based on - the damage you do or the damage you take? Assuming the latter, it makes it a solid tanking piece, but probably overpowered, like much of the set.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast