Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Malamasala, IMO you don't know how to play SMN. Just reading your original post makes this REALLY clear to me. Moon phase, day, these really don't matter.

What you can do with SMN, and do quite well I might add, is do the JOB with NO GEAR what so ever. It's an inexpensive job to play. Don't have to purchase any spells. Or avatars. You just level up. That's it.

Now make this thread GO AWAY.
    so why don't you make us a nice guide right here on the smn forum where folks who feel they can play smn well share with the rest of us? I see statements saying folks can't play smn a lot on these forums a lot. However, I would like to see you guys share the wealth. Let the rest of us know "how to play smn" from your point of view.
    (2)

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    How come you won't answer my question? Is it because you really don't have SMN leveled, and by extension, that staff you swear by?

Besides, to get to that 1/4th of a WAR type numbers, you need the same 4 man team as a WAR would. Oh snap!
    he doesn't answer any question he can't answer, pretty much.
    which is why most of anything i ever say in retort to his points don't ever see any following up by him, instead sidestepping into some good ol fashion ad hominem and red herrings about how I don't have something that you do - none of which actually changes the point of the arguments.

I'd advise for you to stop feeding the troll, or at least, serve it something it doesn't like. Everyone can see who is right and wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    I only respond to Dallas just so he can say something that contradicts himself, which he does quite often.
    (0)

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    It would honestly be far away, if Dallas, Korpg and Raz weren't discussing melee SMN.

But I'd recommend you to look into the job, since you sound like a person who'd get very far in vanadiel as a naked SMN.
    I remember going to Ifrit's Cauldron @ level 50 or so. You'd send carby after a Volcanic Gas mob in an attempt to get it to self-destruct. Wasn't easy but SMN was at the time the only job that could do this.

Here's a video of me in early '07 helping some Japanese players with the Ouryu fight. Long time ago. A lot has changed. A lot hasn't.

Any videos of you showing your stuff? Hmm?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Razushu View Post
    Dallas contrary to your belief a WAR doesn't need 4 man support to be a DD. Those numbers were with BOTH SMN and WAR recieving the same buffs, which is something you keep trying to ignore. If a SMN can solo something melee, I'm pretty sure a WAR could do it too.
    WAR/DNC might be able to, but the GG-fail-math saying WAR are "super pimp gods" depends on /SAM. WAR/SAM isn't soloing anything. Go beg GG to adjust his solo numbers, because you aren't going to manage it.

[Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    (0)
    Last edited by Melodicya; 07-26-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    WAR/DNC might be able to, but the GG-fail-math saying WAR are "super pimp gods" depends on /SAM. WAR/SAM isn't soloing anything. Go beg GG to adjust his solo numbers, because you aren't going to manage it.
    You aren't soloing anything either. Go back to playing with your blocks like a good kid.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    I remember going to Ifrit's Cauldron @ level 50 or so. You'd send carby after a Volcanic Gas mob in an attempt to get it to self-destruct. Wasn't easy but SMN was at the time the only job that could do this.

Here's a video of me in early '07 helping some Japanese players with the Ouryu fight. Long time ago. A lot has changed. A lot hasn't.

Any videos of you showing your stuff? Hmm?
    No I don't make videos. I hardly even take screenshots.

Watching the replay though, I'm unimpressed at you using Ice on a Earth elemental dragon. By using Garuda you would have taken less damage from his attacks and had your avatar tank longer, possibly also dealt more damage.

When I did that battle, I had people on jobs they had only leveled, never played, as tank and healer, so they went down so fast that I pretty much did this fight with 4 people. My Garuda tanked most of it. Not a "SMN is best" moment though, since the BLMs there with me sure pulled their weight.
    (0)

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27