Character
    Naoruru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

What I want to see in the next "merit"-like section

I want to see SE give us a choice as how to pursue our jobs. RDM I would like to see a way to reverse the -enmity to the Blind/Bind/Cure4 spells (i.e. - Get rid of Tranquil Heart). Maybe a way to merit a specific area, such as Healing, Tank/Melee, or Nuking. I know each person plays every job differently, and maybe a way to customise to our playing style would be nice. Not sure how they would do this in other jobs, but yeh *shrugs*.

-Healing style could have a greater enmity decrease, and a chance at higher cures or higher regens, or a slight cure potency increase. They would have to sacrifice their nuking abilities and lose out on some of the damage mitigation spells.
    -Tank/Melee could have +enmity and maybe an increased Phalanx / more potent enfeebles, while sacrificing the higher cures and nuking abilities.
    -Nuking style could get another Magic Attack Bonus trait, and increased ability to utilize elemental magic, but sacrifice cures or damage mitigation.

Anyone have a similar idea, or any input?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    The only downside, RDM is a job that's meant to be (WAR + WHM + BLM) admittedly it's not a very good WAR but still

As such they shouldn't get anything that weakens one side of this.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    The only downside, RDM is a job that's meant to be (WAR + WHM + BLM) admittedly it's not a very good WAR but still

As such they shouldn't get anything that weakens one side of this.
    The thing is that things kept as they are have a chance of making the job overpowered otherwise. And I mean overpowered for real, not "/cry u can solo ggenbu /cry" overpowered.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I still think that needing to nuke or heal better involves playing a different Job. SCH, BLM, and WHM all exist. If you want to be better at magic, you should be an actual mage. We make an ok mage substitute in most situations, but we aren't ever better than any of them.

What I want is the ability to take my RDM to the frontlines, because im tougher than a mage, and have a place there.

If you want to play RDM as a backline job, why aren't you playing SCH?
    (0)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 06-11-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Character
    Naoruru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I was a RDM tank at 75 before the nerf, if that gives any hints as to where I was coming from. I dislike immensely all this "Nuking" oriented gear that SE is throwing at us because I think it detracts from RDM focus on being sorta good at everything.
    (0)

Character
    Naoruru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    And, as a reply to the "meant to be a WAR + WHM + BLM", they already nerfed that. They took away the "WAR" and haven't given sufficient curing power for the "WHM" side. At best, it is a pale shade of any job. Each player modifies it to be what they want it to be through gearing and merits, honestly.
    (0)

Character
    Naoruru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Page One of this thread is kind of relevant here.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm just saying that Casting is supported by the current gear we are getting. I wouldn't want to waste our next merit type section on something that could be addressed with adding the RDM tag to other gear.

IMHO RDM needs some new toys to work with sooner than T3 Merits. After we get some updates that actually matter, I can start worrying about how to modify them with T3 merits. But currently the job is just lack luster. If you have to wait for lvl 99 for RDM to be a good job again, that is a load of crap.
    (0)