Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    There's a lot of abilities that offer certain trade-offs. Zergressor is another WAR example. And I don't really see anything wrong with it, sacrificing one thing for another. I just find movement speed reduction horribly annoying. I'd trade it for Attack Down for example.
    ------------
    Right, and I'm all fine with a trade-off from using Retaliation, but great Altana's jiblets let it be something other than reduced movement speed!

Attack down I could live with too, /agreed.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    it's balanced in the way that it "annoy" people!

i don't mind the -30%crit rate on retalliation (because I use war for cleave)

agree, remove retaliate negative side.
    but remove also hasso/ seigan, counterstance, yonin/inin negatives!!
    >:| -30% crit rate are you crazy? Retaliation crits have gone up to 1.2k for me, so you crezy.

Honestly movement speed is only slightly annoying for me, because I'm generally running in front of people anyway and have to wait wherever I go in the first place.
    (0)

I'd rather have reduced movement speed than losing other stats that would normally help me stay alive. Unless you want to make the downside something that doesn't actually matter for wars, but then it's also gonna turn out imba.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]

On a side note though: I wouldn't be surprised if SE did give Retaliation hits Attack Down because as it stands right now Retaliation is probably one of the most powerful abilities in the game, surpassing many 2 hours.

It would appear that you can even retaliate during the 2 second delay of an animation, which is probably why you can get 100% TP before Ukko's Fury ends.

I forsee some gimping of it, but I don't think it'll be something we want.
    (1)
    Last edited by Melodicya; 06-13-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    It would appear that you can even retaliate during the 2 second delay of an animation, which is probably why you can get 100% TP before Ukko's Fury ends.
    Indeed, Retaliation can process as long as the weapon is drawn, even if the JA delay is active. Same goes for WS delay or even during a ranged attack (which won't matter for most people, but it's a fun fact). During high Haste situations, the gap between WS and the next TP phase grows more and more relevant; 2 seconds during the animation at 0 Haste are less signifcant if it takes 1 minute to get to 100% than if it takes 10 seconds.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    >:| -30% crit rate are you crazy? Retaliation crits have gone up to 1.2k for me, so you crezy.

Honestly movement speed is only slightly annoying for me, because I'm generally running in front of people anyway and have to wait wherever I go in the first place.
    Thats why I put -30 crit rate cause its crazy to think people would complain that they move a little slower while gaining the ability to gain tp superfast with retaliation, were lucky they removed the negative effect from restraint. Judging by the ops threads he just wants war to be the best job out there, and with ukko's fury they are atleast inside abyssea, so theres no need to complain about something as insignificant as movement speed down.
    (2)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Habiki View Post
    Thats why I put -30 crit rate cause its crazy to think people would complain that they move a little slower while gaining the ability to gain tp superfast with retaliation, were lucky they removed the negative effect from restraint. Judging by the ops threads he just wants war to be the best job out there, and with ukko's fury they are atleast inside abyssea, so theres no need to complain about something as insignificant as movement speed down.
    ----------
    WTH are you even talking about lol >< I'm asking to swap the negative effect with another dude. [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    (0)
    Last edited by Melodicya; 06-13-2011 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Player
    Compared to other possible negative effects (ref:Pre update restraint) Move speed is pretty negligible most of the time, if you need to move around alot just click it off.
    (2)

you know theres a very VERY simple solution its called "Hermes Sandles" look them up problem solved.
    (1)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Those cost too much... >.> lol

Do they negate the reduced movement speed completely? If so I'll consider getting me a pair.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast