Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Dancer Bug (Saber Dance and /WAR)

Informing of another potential game mechanics bug.

I actually think I may have figured out what was making the "bug" in the last thread. Killer effects II would explain everything. Sorry~!

Major -
    Saber Dance : Though it's not explicitly or implicitly stated anywhere, Saber Dance does not stack with /WAR's "Double Attack" job trait. Something about the way it was implemented makes it replace the trait.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103...=1#post4580788

Minor -
    Step Accuracy : This is less of a bug with the game and more of a logic issue, but all Steps that I've tested so far have a +10 Acc (5% Hit rate) boost without any Step Accuracy gear. Why do you give us so many further options for Step Accuracy (Mythic, Merits, Relic feet, AF1 hands, Presto) when they're already more accurate than our normal hits?
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103...=1#post4593574
    (2)
    Last edited by Byrth; 06-10-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Greetings, Byrth!
    Thank you for posting your concerns about the Dancer's abilities. In order to make sure that we have enough information to thoroughly investigate this matter, it would be a great help to us if you provided as many details as you can in the following form:

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write “Solo”. If you were in a party, please write “Party”. With alliance, please write “Alliance.”
    *If you wrote “Party” or “Alliance”, please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write “None”.

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write “None”.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.
    •What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    •Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    •If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    •In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.

Thanks again for your participation!
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Greetings, Baccanale!
    I'll bold the important parts.

Thread Title: Dancer's Saber Dance ability does not stack with /WAR's Double Attack.

Platform: PS2 and Windows 7
    ISP: Comcast
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: Over 9000
    Date & Time: Always and forever
    Frequency: It has never not occurred. It is the way the game works
    Character Name: Byrth
    Race: Tarutaru M
    World: Lakshmi

Main Job:Dancer <--- This is Important
    Support Job:Warrior or White Mage<--- This is Important

Area and Coordinates:Al'Taieu, Holla crag entrance
    Party or Solo: Party and Solo
    NPC Name: Sjugy
    Monster Name: Ol'Hpmede

Steps: (This section is important)
    It is possible to manipulate the damage formulas in the game so that you hit for 0 (1 base damage weapon and -1 from fSTR). This allows you to attack Hpmedes endlessly without killing them or having them attack you. If you pay attention, you can figure out your Double Attack rate.
    If I used Saber Dance once every 5 minutes with Warrior as my subjob, my average Double Attack rate was ~21.5%. (1609/7679 = 20.96% +/- 0.91%)
    If I used Saber Dance once every 5 minutes with White Mage as my subjob, my average Double Attack rate was 21.5% (1243/5630 = 22.07% +/- 1.08%)

Because Warrior Sub Job gets the Double Attack job trait, one would have expected it to have 10% higher average Double Attack than White Mage Sub Job. I have closer to a 20k sample size with White Mage sub job, but I can't find my compilation file at the moment. Regardless, it's obvious that Warrior's trait is not being considered.
    (2)

Greetings again, Byrth!
    Thank you for taking the time to fill out the form that I provided. I have made sure to submit all of this information to the development team, and they will make sure to conduct a thorough investigation, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct answer to your concern will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend checking on www.PlayOnline.com and http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any news about the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (1)