Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: thief atma

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    LOL yeah i forget add the 3% DA from the ring lol. And yes everything was taking in consideration, critical hit damage and critical hit rate ^^ But both combos are very close, just choice what do you like ^^
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    However RR/GH/SS also [...] has a lower TP feed/Damage dealt ratio than RR/GH/Apoc.
    Lower TP feed? No... They have the same AGI and Subtle Blow. Lower Damage output? How is that a positive thing?
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Lower TP feed? No... They have the same AGI and Subtle Blow. Lower Damage output? How is that a positive thing?
    I would have thought it was obvious? The Apoc build has 15% more triple attack procs (thus more TP feed) whereas SS just gets it done through more damage per hit.

Also, we are just talking Kinematic's spread sheet. I have parsed them to be very close. But I also prefer the HP boost of SS, rather than relying on RR from Apoc....I'd just rather not die.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    I also prefer the HP boost of SS, rather than relying on RR from Apoc....I'd just rather not die.
    Bah, try being a taru for a day lol
    (0)

I've been using RR/GH/Apoc, Simply because an additional 15% Tripl attack means i Trp 1/3 hits, as opposed to 1/5 without. this helps with THF Set bonus procing too...

That and i rarely get to use SA or TA as im generally always the Main Tank.

RR/GH/SS does seem to hold some merit now that Critical hit damage cap is increased.
    (0)

Count me among the THFs who almost always infuse RR/GH/Apoc. I use Future Fabulous for fighting NMs that deal considerable amounts of magic damage as it's incredible when paired with a solid MDT set.
    (1)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I've been using RR/GH/Apoc, Simply because an additional 15% Tripl attack means i Trp 1/3 hits, as opposed to 1/5 without. this helps with THF Set bonus procing too...

That and i rarely get to use SA or TA as im generally always the Main Tank.

RR/GH/SS does seem to hold some merit now that Critical hit damage cap is increased.
    Please tell me you stick a Sneak Attack in if/when red is proc'd on NM though? Bugs me when I have to go a job other than thf and our thf doesn't bother to do this. (unless mob HP is getting low and yellow still hasn't been proc'd perhaps)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Please tell me you stick a Sneak Attack in if/when red is proc'd on NM though? Bugs me when I have to go a job other than thf and our thf doesn't bother to do this. (unless mob HP is getting low and yellow still hasn't been proc'd perhaps)
    Why wouldn't i Lol :P?

The second i see a red proc my ass goes behind the NM with someone (even if its a mage damnit!) and SA/TA > WS the thing and rape it.

Haven't really fought things lately we 'need' procs on, (been doing mostly Empyrean weapon NMs). So yah, once we hit red i always SA/TA, usually we line up a Skillchain if i happen to have a friend with me.

(I occasionally do Abyssea with a NIN and a DRK (my brother and my GF's brother))
    (1)

Nice, I usually end up either in a pickup group, or if I go with friends I'm with a rdm and nin, so depending if we need red (war), yellow (blm/brd) or just plain TH (thf) depends on which job I get to go.
    (0)

Character
    Alberi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    what atma is AOA?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast