Lv. 74 SMN
    Caller's Doublet +2
    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 50 MP +60
    Summoning magic skill +10
    Avatar: Increases Blood Pact damage
    Set Augments "Blood Boon"
    Lv. 89 SMN
    I am in the midst of re creating my Blood Pact Delay macros the largest question I have lies with these two pieces of equipment and IF I can use the Summoner's Doublet for the Delay reduction and swap back to Caller's Doublet +2 before the BP goes off, would I gain the benefits of the +2 doublet?
    (0)
    Last edited by Moink; 03-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Yes. But I would recommend YY robe over Summoner's Doublet.
    (0)

Character
    Cett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I just tested out what you wanted to know. Thankfully you are able to use BP - gear as you initially use a bloodpact. Then before the attack actually happens change gear to Caller's or w/e dmg enhancing u want. Yay for useful gear swap macro's!
    (0)
    Woodworking - 100 + Other stuff
    Bravura 95
    Ukonvasara 90
    Hvergelmir 85

Character
    Cett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    While we're on the topic of comparing these two pieces of gear, I need to point out something interesting. When used in conjunction with the Caller's Bracers +1, the Summoner's Doublet in fact rewards a more significant perpetuation decrease than the Caller's Doublet +2. I've attempted to work through the math factoring in auto refresh I and II as they are applied but it still isn't adding up.

Currently I have only Summoner's Doublet with Caller's Bracers +1 equipt.
    This is providing me with a cost of 1 mp/tic to maintain the elemental avatar of any given day Fire - Thunder.

I then equip the Caller's Doublet +2 with the Caller's Bracers +1 hands.
    This is providing me with a cost of 2 mp/tic to maintain the same avatar as the previous gear choices.

The only clear difference I can point out is the "Depending on Day" condition. This implies to me that the order in which perpetuation is calculated has some priority issues that benefit the Summoner's Doublet.

Additionally, I am led to assume that the auto-refresh II job trait is applied to perpetuation cost after all perpetuation gear has been factored in, yet before refresh gear. I am able to gain 3 mp/tic with avatar of matching day idle with very minimal gear, including the caller's Horn +2. However, the caller's horn +2 only applies a 2 mp/tic refresh and no other refresh gear is active during this time.

The problem is identifying the order in which the "depending on day" or "depending on weather" bonuses apply. Is this a bug, was it intended and furthermore what is the most optimal set up due to the result of this!?

Have fun summoner fanatic's~

All this interesting stuff aside, realized that the area I was in had Blood of the Vampyr active which was skewing my numbers.

However there is an oddity that exists with the Summoner Doublet as mentioned. The priority order or perpetuation gear goes as follows:

Base Perpetuation (First subtracted by regular perpetuation gear **noted by x ),
    14 - x = Perp
    Next the special "day or weather condition" gear is applied:
    Perp (/ or - depending on gear, order of operations takes precedence here)
    now Auto refresh II is tossed into the mix:
    Perp - 2
    Finally refresh gear is applied:

Granted you aren't still losing mp or breaking even the auto refresh will carry over into mp gained.
    Soon followed by the addition of any refresh gear you have included.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cett; 03-09-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Found Solution!
    Bravura 95
    Ukonvasara 90
    Hvergelmir 85

I believe it was found that the gloves are "poorly" designed. They basically halve the perpetuation AFTER counting -perpetuation gear. I'd assume "depending on day" system on relic body would mean it is exempt fromt he pre-calculation of the gloves. So relic body + gloves might be more -perpetuation than caller's +2 + gloves.

Question is if one should head off to the bug forums and report it as a bug, or if you like to accept that the gloves "half" perpetuation counts differently than the carbuncle mitts.
    (0)

Character
    Indylecia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    BP activation in YYR, BP execution in Callers+2

Ominus Dominus
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    BP activation in YYR, BP execution in Callers+2

Ominus Dominus
    Short but go to the right point. my Summoner's Doublet is in Mog House now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Momotarotaru; 03-10-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: more info

Character
    Cett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They basically halve the perpetuation AFTER counting -perpetuation gear. I'd assume "depending on day" system on relic body would mean it is exempt fromt he pre-calculation of the gloves. So relic body + gloves might be more -perpetuation than caller's +2 + gloves.
    Ya pretty much exactly what I found. Makes gear set ridiculous to optimize with this in place.

Would anyone else rather see the halving take place as the first step of perpetuation decrease!?
    (0)
    Last edited by Cett; 03-10-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Made point more clear.
    Bravura 95
    Ukonvasara 90
    Hvergelmir 85

Character
    Moink
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ya, forgot about my YYR but what I was looking for would still relate to the armor.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cett View Post
    Ya pretty much exactly what I found. Makes gear set ridiculous to optimize with this in place.

Would anyone else rather see the halving take place as the first step of perpetuation decrease!?
    Of course. I'd like "hidden effect halves carby cost" to function identical to "displayed effect halves avatar depending on day", just because I like consistency. I'll walk right over and make the thread since I'm sleepy and threads done while sleepy usually are pretty funny to read the day after.
    (0)