Thread: BST Macros

BST Macros

I'm a perfectionist with my macros and I'm having some difficulty getting my BST macros to feel right. I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their BST macros so that I could get some ideas on how to set mine up.

I'm not talking about, "how do i charmed monster?" but rather a general layout like, "What do you have set up for ALT commands, and what is on the CTRL line?" At the moment my BST macro page is not full, and that bugs me. It also doesn't feel like they're in the right order.

Here's some stuff that I'm currently using that I do like:

Fight
    /recast "Fight"
    /pet "Fight" <stnpc>

RDY
    /recast "Ready"
    /echo <pet> TP: <pettp>
    /pet "Lamb Chop" <me>
    /pet "Foot Kick" <me>
    etc. (the right one goes off, the others just shoot an error. learned this from SMN)
    (0)
    Last edited by Selzak; 06-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like having ready moves in 3 steady categories:
    AoE:
    Charged Whisker
    Whirl claws
    Sheep Song
    cyclotail
    Scream
    Noisome Powder

Single Hit:
    Spiral Spin
    FootKick
    Lambchop
    Chomp rush
    Nimble snap
    Head butt

Stun:
    Sudden Lunge
    Scythe tail
    Sheep charge (I know its only knockback)
    Numbing Noise
    Tail blow

Its hard to fit them all in though, I really carry about 10 jug types at a time.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Lowkey
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 90
    I used to find it very helpful to include tame in my charm macro. Not so much these days though. My charm, and leave macros aren't even on my main palette anymore.

I guess bsts who haven't gotten to the Abyssea levels could benefit from it still.
    (1)

Alt 1 sometimes charm and sometimes cloudsplitter

Alt 2 fight

alt 3 heel

alt 4 pet defense set

alt 5 reward with weapon change

alt 6 usti ichi

alt 7 stay

alt 8 call beast

alt 9 utsi ni

ctrl 1 rampage aoelian or mistral axe

ctrl 2 Bst tp set or bst hybrid tp set

ctrl 3 echo macro for pet tp hp % check

ctrl 4 offensive pet WS macro with pet offensive gear change

ctrl 5 reward without weapon change

ctrl 6 pet Magic resistance set

ctrl 7 Primal Rend

ctrl 8 Glyph axe

ctrl 9 spur

1 page down buncha stored ws macros and normal macros for diff sub job changes that i plug in when appropriate. That way i can just copy paste when i change subs but always have a master key macro list thats safe on the page below.

I use alt+b and alt + j for a LOT of stuff tho. Also if u have a leave macro DELETE it xD. Its much safer to use "leave" via the alt B menu.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 06-11-2011 at 09:39 AM.

personally, i tend to use the Ctrl for abilities from my subjobs, and since I primarily bst/dnc that means sambas, waltzes, quickstep, etc. Alt is confined to beast specific macros (pet "Heel" <me>, etc) with 1 report macro to tell me my hp, mp and TP, plus <pethpp><pettp>. You are alot more ambitious than I am having ready commands in your macros. a good way to handle multiple jugs tho' is to remember your extra macro books and set them for specific jugs, unless you LIKE reconfiguring macros in the field. I don't bother because I'm fast enough to just get what I need from the menu, so I can save the extra spaces for more of my sub-job abilities that I might need (like macroing erase/healing waltz).

One macro I love to have set at all times is /pet "Fight" <scan> I use that for fast claiming ambient NMs from widescan searches, since I can get claim even if I haven't seen the mob yet.
    (1)