Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bring FFXI back

Player

Bring FFXI back

Please hope someone from SE reads this and does something about this. ever since abyssea has come out. i been getting nothing but harrassed. I cant really afford to go out and buy they next expansion pack you release I take care of my sick mother with cancer. people ask me all the time "you shouldnt even play without abyssea" now it wouldnt be so bad if you would just raise the minimum level for abyssea to 70+ so level 30-75 doesnt goto abyssea to leech exp for gil and not do any skilling. i understand the new mobs are good, not really a good place to put them but still good enough to do a 6 man party at level 80 but like people will because FFXI is almost dead. I am a whm main so i dont really like to solo its not much fun. unless you can raise the cap on abyssea i guess its pay 60$ for a game i am starting to hate or quit a game i been loyal to since 2004.
    (2)

How do you get to the sum of 60 dollars?
    (0)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You could always look into getting into an Alliance burn party in Garage citadel or Boston Obuilette. Just spam page 2 for 2.5k~ exp upon each page completion

yes i know im misspelling them but with such obnoxious spelling i've come to hate them lol
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    1) minimum level has been beaten to death. There's no reason to change it, it really doesn't have the impact on the game that people think it does. It does not result in more unskilled players.
    2) Grounds of valor offers fast EXP outside of abyssea, and has pumped life into a number of old areas. People will find a way to level up fast even if you take some other method away, so there's no point in doing so.
    3).You don't need Abyssea just for EXP- It's the latest expansion and thus it's content is the focal point of what we do. Regardless of the reason, if you're such a loyal customer, you absolutely shouldn't be playing without having all the add-ons and expansions, or you won't be able to enjoy the newest content with people that do have it.
    4) It would also suck for people, even if they don't level up in abyssea form an erly level, because they wouldnt be able to activate their stones and begin accumulating them while they level up elsewhere until they're ready to use it.

We don't need to bring FFXI back. It's already here and we're playing it.

-Posted by a loyal customer since the NA PC release
    (5)

Character
    Lukikii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think you can buy the Abyssea collection on Steam for $20 now.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukikii View Post
    I think you can buy the Abyssea collection on Steam for $20 now.
    Better to buy it from amazon.

Normally I love steam and I have like 3 dozen games on my account. The only exception is FFXI, I cannot recommend steam in this one instance only, for reasons I cannot state here.

Even if you bought a disc or download before the abyssea edition, unless you bought the add0ons singly, you'll still save money buying the ultimate collection (and you'll get a cool hat!)
    (2)

Character
    Headybudz
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    O look , this topic again. Are people really harassing you , or is that just to make your change the cap thread different than the other carbon copies?
    (2)

Breaking news, MMO players now need to buy the most recent expansions to play the most relevant content!
    (3)

FFXI is still here it never left.
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpeace View Post
    Please hope someone from SE reads this and does something about this. ever since abyssea has come out. i been getting nothing but harrassed. I cant really afford to go out and buy they next expansion pack you release I take care of my sick mother with cancer. people ask me all the time "you shouldnt even play without abyssea" now it wouldnt be so bad if you would just raise the minimum level for abyssea to 70+ so level 30-75 doesnt goto abyssea to leech exp for gil and not do any skilling. i understand the new mobs are good, not really a good place to put them but still good enough to do a 6 man party at level 80 but like people will because FFXI is almost dead. I am a whm main so i dont really like to solo its not much fun. unless you can raise the cap on abyssea i guess its pay 60$ for a game i am starting to hate or quit a game i been loyal to since 2004.
    Are you Akujima or Panthra by any chance?
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast