Character
    Hakrev
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Bard, Alliance AOE

Bard was my first job to 75 (back in 2004 or 05 i can't really remember). And the one thing that I have ALWAYS wanted was the ability to AOE the entire alliance I was in with the songs I was playing, SE can we please get Fortissimo (music term for play really loudly and it would be the opposite of Pianissimo) for alliance wide aoe ability, almost everything in abyssea is about alliances and it really sucks that brd's can't even land their songs on everyone since that is the entire point of the job. We have to resort to party swapping and no leaders really want to bother with such a pesky thing every minute or so.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hakrev View Post
    Bard was my first job to 75 (back in 2004 or 05 i can't really remember). And the one thing that I have ALWAYS wanted was the ability to AOE the entire alliance I was in with the songs I was playing, SE can we please get Fortissimo (music term for play really loudly and it would be the opposite of Pianissimo) for alliance wide aoe ability, almost everything in abyssea is about alliances and it really sucks that brd's can't even land their songs on everyone since that is the entire point of the job. We have to resort to party swapping and no leaders really want to bother with such a pesky thing every minute or so.
    Amen. Fortissimo, alliance targeting job ability is necessary!
    (0)
    - Usukane / Ramuh Server

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This would be amazing. Though, for argument's sake, that would leave a lot of Bard's out of a job for those other parties.

But even single-target spells/songs/abilities outside of your own party to cast onto alliance members would make sense. Etudes, Refreshes, Erases, Cover, etc.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Fortissimo is a really cool name XD

And its an italian word too, so it twice cooler XD
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Jakeofalexander
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Fortissimo is something I wanted back when Pianissimo was put in, but I kinda disagree with your "logic".
    Since Pianissimo is "Cast an AOE song solely on one person," then alternatively Fortissimo should be "Cast a single target song on the whole party." That would truly be the opposite of Pianissimo. AOE song? Nah, that would break Bard and make it more useful/powerful when compared to other enhancing/buff jobs.
    (0)

extend our songs to pets, too. The pet is a part of that character's gameplay and they are a part of our party, they should receive the benefits.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    or add some new songs that give bonus to master and pet like the cor rolls
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    This would be amazing. Though, for argument's sake, that would leave a lot of Bard's out of a job for those other parties.
    Actually, Bard can only put two songs on any given target player. So the bards in the other two parties can sing whatever songs the first bard didn't sing.

Given that a bard can get songs on the entire alliance anyway just by hopping parties, there's no reason not to do this.

Besides, look at the state of Bard. One of the main reasons for Bard was for Ballads, but now, Refresh Atmas can go up to 20mp/tic! with Minikin + 2 others. Not even level 90 Gjallarhorn can keep up with that. Etudes pale in comparison to Atmas, and Attack can be increased just by eating the right food. Seems like the only thing keeping Bard in business these days is March, and maybe a few others. That isn't trolling, that's just the facts.

Having a singe job that can buff everyone in an alliance makes Bard relevant again, so alliance-wide songs would be a good change.

At the very least, a Job Ability that allows Bard to cast spells on a single party in the alliance would be a decent compromise.The job ability could work similar to how Accession works when casting on an Alliance party, i.e. a bard is in Party #1, and the bard uses "Bard Accession" and the bard is able to hit all the members of party #2. This would in no way break the game balance, and would just save the swapping.
    (0)
    Last edited by Panthera; 03-13-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: additional info

Character
    Jakeofalexander
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    Actually, Bard can only put two songs on any given target player. So the bards in the other two parties can sing whatever songs the first bard didn't sing.
    Technically with the new Daurdabla a single Bard can proc three songs at any one time.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Daurdabla_(90)
    (0)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Do you really need to be posting? I mean... REALLY?!