Character
    Nashreen
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 5

In-game text errors, mistranslations (?) and various bugs (English version)

I would like to continue this thread from this FFXIAH thread and the BG broken things threads (both partial sources).
    Some things since to have been fixed since the former, so maybe SE is actually paying attention to this kind of threads.

-This thread is meant mostly for (but not limited to) the English version. Make sure to specify your version if needed.
    -Make sure your issue is not caused by your playing settings/environment (unofficial software...).
    -This topic is meant for SE to take notice and fix issues, and not for ranting, please keep it civil.

1) Twilight Belt
    From the icon and job list
    , this should probably be a sash and not a belt.

2) Your attack staggers the fiend! message in Abyssea
    It says "Your" even when it's another PT's enemy.
    Also, maybe it's me but it sounds a bit weird it says "attack" for things that can be enfeebling spells and even abilities now. In JP it says "The monster's weakness is hit!", wonder why it was changed.
    !Update => It now says the Player name instead of "You"!

3) Atma of the Holy Mountain
    Incorrectly says "Attack" in English instead of "Accuracy" (correct in JP version).

4) Eidolon Pendant
    It says MAB+3, but in JP it's MAB+2.

5) Mythril Bell text
    It says "tiny" but it's a hume-size bell.

6) Parana Shield
    It should be "Paralyna Shield"
    (0)
    Last edited by Nashreen; 06-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Character
    Rienea
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Abyssea stagger messages were fixed today. It now tells you who did it. I'd say any magic cast on a mob is a form of attack as well.
    (0)
    (* ' - ') Catastrophe ALL the things! ( ' - ' *)

Hello,

As Rie mentioned for report #2, the update today should have addressed this issue.
    You are welcome to leave feedback regarding word usage at http://support.na.square-enix.com > Contact > Final Fantasy XI > Suggestions and Feedback or the "General Discussion" section of the Official Forums for development to consider an adjustment. (This also applies to report #1.)

For reports 3-6, can you please provide the following information so we can confirm this matter promptly?

Platform & Region:
    Date & Time witnessed:

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

As a final note, we do review associated FINAL FANTASY XI communities. Especially when it involves critical data; similar to what you have provided. While we do appreciate you transferring this information, we generally require reports to be written from personal experience. This way, we can quickly gather specific details necessary to reproduce the issue.

Thank you very much,
    -SQUARE ENIX Moderator
    (0)

Character
    Nashreen
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 5
    Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply. I meant for this thread to be like the linked ones, a place to report bugs and maybe discuss whether things are bugs or not, if this is not the right place for that I apologize.

I have sent a report through the provided link as suggested.
    My platform is PC, Win7.
    You can check the wiki links in the original posts for details (added link for the Atma).

I know there is a template for bug reporting, but I figured it was more aimed at things like freezing/crashing type bugs, as text bugs seem to be unrelated to the playing system/character/server.
    (0)

Greetings Nashreen!

Although we appreciate your assisting us with these reports, we really do need the individuals that experienced these matters first hand to make the report. This is so we can review their individual characters for information. We would also need those people to submit those bugs directly to this forum for review using the appropriate templates we have provided.

Sadly for your submission, we would ask that you always please use the templates and give all the details here in these forums. Regrettably, we will not be able to review the links. We would really like to assist you though, so please submit them to us here in full!

As for discussing bugs, if you would like to report a bug that happened to you directly, or even something you believe may be a bug, please feel free to use the templates provided and submit a report to us. We will review it directly that way we can get a definitive answer to them!

Once again, we greatly appreciate your assistance with these reports and your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

-=Game Master Emdub=-
    (0)

Character
    Nashreen
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 5
    Platform: Windows
    ISP: Various, usually Yahoo
    Type of Internet Connection: DSL or other
    Internet Connection Speed: 100mbs
    Date & Time: Recently for most
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Not sure what I was using
    Race: Not sure what I was using
    World: Carbuncle
    Main Job: Not sure what I was using
    Support Job: Not sure what I was using
    Area and Coordinates: Jeuno auction house (AH), Abyssea (Infusionist), etc.
    Party or Solo: N/A
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    1) Check Twilight belt in your inventory or on another player. The icon is a Sash icon, though the name says "belt".
    2) Check Atma of the Holy Mountain's stats by talking to the Atma Infusionist in an Abyssea area. The description text says "Attack" instead of "Accuracy".
    3) Check Mythril Bell in your inventory or in the Auction House. The description says "tiny" but it's a hume-size bell.
    4) Check Parana Shield in your inventory or on another player. The name refers to the spell "Parana" which is named "Paralyna" in English. It should probably be "Paralyna Shield", logically.
    (0)

Greetings, Nashreen!
    Thank you for filling out the form that was provided. I have made sure to submit your information to the development team, and they will make sure to conduct a thorough investigation, based on the information that you have provided. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response to your concern will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend consulting www.PlayOnline.com and http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any news that may be made available regarding the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)