Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wonder how many of you have blue mage leveled that are against these changes, theres so many differant modifiers for spells that require differant gear choices to optimize damage, I've got so much gear on that job that I'm not sure 100 slots would be enough while some gear is situational like sets for breath damage, mp recovered while healing sets, elemental staffs, a convert mp set, stoneskin set etc. I can't even bother to use my elemental gorgets for weaponskills since it would take away for my spell damage.

I have sets for tp, when i'm idle, fastcast, weaponskills, elemental weaponskills, blue skill set, str, str/dex, str/vit, str/int, str/mnd, agi, dex, dex/int, enfeebling, int, int/dex, int/vit, mnd, chr, curing, resting, breath set, convert mp set, and a set for stoneskin, to have them all on me would take atleast 100 slots probaly more along the lines of 110-120 to include staffs as well.

Only way i could downsize is if there was gear like the twilight mail and twilight head that blue mage could equip but for all slots. Have 5 slots free carrying around what i constantly use leaving all staves, elemental gorgets/belts, obis, a resting set, a convert mp set, a breath set, and my chr set in my mog satchel.

I'm hoping they do add a rainbow stave that had all the elemental staffs combined at some point in the near future like they mentioned at one point in time and hopefully blue mage can equip it unlike the magian trial staffs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Habiki View Post
    I wonder how many of you have blue mage leveled that are against these changes, theres so many differant modifiers for spells that require differant gear choices to optimize damage, I've got so much gear on that job that I'm not sure 100 slots would be enough while some gear is situational like sets for breath damage, mp recovered while healing sets, elemental staffs, a convert mp set, stoneskin set etc. I can't even bother to use my elemental gorgets for weaponskills since it would take away for my spell damage.

I have sets for tp, when i'm idle, fastcast, weaponskills, elemental weaponskills, blue skill set, str, str/dex, str/vit, str/int, str/mnd, agi, dex, dex/int, enfeebling, int, int/dex, int/vit, mnd, chr, curing, resting, breath set, convert mp set, and a set for stoneskin, to have them all on me would take atleast 100 slots probaly more along the lines of 110-120 to include staffs as well.

Only way i could downsize is if there was gear like the twilight mail and twilight head that blue mage could equip but for all slots. Have 5 slots free carrying around what i constantly use leaving all staves, elemental gorgets/belts, obis, a resting set, a convert mp set, a breath set, and my chr set in my mog satchel.

I'm hoping they do add a rainbow stave that had all the elemental staffs combined at some point in the near future like they mentioned at one point in time and hopefully blue mage can equip it unlike the magian trial staffs.
    For the billionth time over the years in every forum I've ever visited....

PS2 LIMITATIONS RESTRICT US TO 80 SLOTS

until this platform goes away and SE decides to recode the engine, this is all you will get for a gobbiebag.
    (4)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i like Saenomo's idea with a macro command to swap gear between inv sack and satchel.
    finally someone with a solution who doesnt tell me how to gimp myself.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Question: Is it possible for them to add like 1 or 2 more things like sack and satchel?
    (1)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

reason why my blu isn't stellar, its not the only job i leveled, you could easily throw on over 39 peices of gear if you want to have omg uber dmg on a self skill chain and thats not even landing magic debuffs -.-
    (0)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    Question: Is it possible for them to add like 1 or 2 more things like sack and satchel?
    i hope so, with all the gear they keep adding for esoteric swaps my pld takes up 60 spots gear wise without my elemental resist sets so inventory for that is getting to a premium !
    (0)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I read another thread a while back about increasing bags past 80 and there was a response about how the games programing only allows for storage devices to go up to 80. Mog House, Mog Satchel, Mog Satchel, and all the rest of our storage stuff can't go past it. That is why they have to add more systems and not more slots. If I remember correctly, it didn't have to do with ps2 limitations, but actual what the game is programmed to do. It was a while ago that the thread was up and I could be remembering it wrong but I think that was the gist of it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackastheripper View Post
    I read another thread a while back about increasing bags past 80 and there was a response about how the games programing only allows for storage devices to go up to 80. Mog House, Mog Satchel, Mog Satchel, and all the rest of our storage stuff can't go past it. That is why they have to add more systems and not more slots. If I remember correctly, it didn't have to do with ps2 limitations, but actual what the game is programmed to do. It was a while ago that the thread was up and I could be remembering it wrong but I think that was the gist of it.
    This is an ancient issue. It was programmed that way because of the ps2 platform. There are both physical and logical limitations of the PS2 hardware and BIOS. The game was designed around that limited resource environment, then later a wrapper was added to allow it to be played on a different platform. Thus, even if the hardware support is dropped...there is still the issue of the legacy code--that post was basically saying that even programmatically it is not practical at this stage of the game's life cycle.

We just had the reverse happen with FF14. It was designed/tested on one platform, then when they went to stick it on the PS3 and it tanked because the PS3 didn't have enough resources to support it--thus they are having to "dumb it down" for the PS3 so it consumes fewer resources.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I NEED A SELF DESTRUCT SET!!!!!
    (3)

Solution:
    1) Add in command lines to move gear between sack, satchel and bag. /swap sack bag "Some Earring" {Yes please.}
    2) Give us more sacks. /sack2 & /sack3 {Can I have it?}
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast