Character
    Rasantath
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

pol user list corrupted

my game was working fine yesterday, but today when i went to login today i found the playonline user list corrupted. instead of my username there were some odd characters (not actual characters at all). i clicked on my username and it did not list all the right info (pol id was wrong and had strange characters in it). i deleted it, and re-entered it, but then it got even worse. it did not list the info i had just entered and again had strange non-characters for my username and the title and such. and now when i click on the user, it asks for a member password, which i definately left blank when recreating the profile.

how can i restore this? or delete it and start over with a non-corrupt user list?

edit: playonline viewer check files did not work
    (0)
    Last edited by Rasantath; 06-06-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    Diabolos - Remnants

Character
    Rasantath
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    adding template.

Details: see original post
    Steps:
    1. shut down ffxi and playonline last night
    2. opened pol viewer today, member list was corrupted
    3. deleted profile
    4. added new profile with my details
    5. when it returned to the main menu, it was corrupted and did not display the info i entered
    6. closed and reopened pol viewer, redid steps, same problem
    Date & Time: 2011-06-05 17:30 EDT
    Frequency: 1. Always, now that it has happened the first time
    Platform: PC
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number: Homebuilt Computer
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 285
    ISP: Rogers
    Type of Internet Connection: CATV
    (0)
    Diabolos - Remnants

Character
    Peldin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have this exact same problem right now. I just tried doing some google searches and this thread came up. Sad to see nobody responded to this user
    (0)

Character
    Unineko
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 91
    I'm having a similar problem. I just came back, but Playonline won't recognize my password, even after I've changed it through the account managment system and POL settings.
    (0)

my bow has been silent for too long.

For those of you who are not seeing any corrupt characters, and are simply unable to log in with your credentials, I suggest logging over to the Square Enix Account Management site. Here you can just double check that all your login info is correct (Square Enix ID & Password, PlayOnline ID & Password). Now to address a corruption issue; once you're sure you can log in you may want to try Verifying the integrity of the system cache if you are using Steam. If not you're probably looking at reinstalling the PlayOnline Viewer. You can grab the latest one by accepting the terms at the bottom of this page.
    (0)