Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    He's not correct about the highest number proccing first. It's Triple Attack -> Double Attack -> Occasionally Attacks of all varieties. If anything, Occasionally Attacks procs in order of lowest to highest (thus explaining the decreasing probability of higher N-hits observed in most distributions).
    For buffs, it does actually go from higher to lower (and that's including traits, Atma and gear). Even Quadruple Attack from Twilight Knife will proc before Triple Attack, before Double Attack. OAX weapons are just different, apparently.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It hasn't actually been shown that Quadruple Attack procs before Triple and Double, but we assume it to be true. Yeah, OAX weapons are different in kind of the worst way possible. D:
    (0)

Thanks for all the replies!

I mainly played PLD and MNK, so forgot about the Store TP and 5/6 hitter combos. Re adjusted the equip a little to accomodate that, tell me what u all think!

Main: Kunlun +2 (Occasionally Attack 2-4x Great Axe)
    Sub: Rose Strap
    Ammo: White Tathlum
    Head: Zelus Tiara
    Neck: Chivalrous Chain
    Ear1: Brutal Earring
    Ear2: Moonshade Earring (ACC 4/Regain)
    Body: Ravager's Lorica +2
    Hands: Ravager's Mufflers +2
    Ring1: Rajas Ring
    Ring2: Hoard Ring
    Back: Tactical Mantle
    Waist: Goading Belt
    Legs: Ravager's Cuisses +2
    Feet: Ravager's Calligae +2
    Food: Carbonara (Store TP 6 for 5 hit)
    (0)
    90 MNK. 90 BLM. 90 COR. 90 WAR.

All POST-Abyssea LEECHED and proud of it.

Cept MNK (Got up to 41 in 2009). All that time wasted camping Retaliators....

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You're still using one of the worst weapons available to us. Compare it to the 8 DA (D118) GAxe, for instance, because they have the same delay:

D55, 2 Attacks per round (12.85 DPS) with your gear and no Atma
    vs.
    D118, 1.33 Attacks per round (18.32 DPS, +42%) with your gear and no Atma

TP gain is higher with the OA2-4, but TP overflow is a serious issue too, so it doesn't come anywhere close to the +50% WS frequency you'd predict.

Also, what kind of X-hit are you going for? It looks to me like you're just throwing STP everywhere while using one of the highest delay GAs in the game. 14 TP/hit base, 5-hit requires about 43 STP. You have ~59 including /SAM. Leave Tactical Mantle in your safe, switch food to Red Curry Buns, change neck to Ravager's Gorget and you can do whatever you want in your WS gear safely. If you don't need the extra STP, switch White Tathlum to Ravager's Orb.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    You're still using one of the worst weapons available to us. Compare it to the 8 DA (D118) GAxe, for instance, because they have the same delay:

D55, 2 Attacks per round (12.85 DPS) with your gear and no Atma
    vs.
    D118, 1.33 Attacks per round (18.32 DPS, +42%) with your gear and no Atma

TP gain is higher with the OA2-4, but TP overflow is a serious issue too, so it doesn't come anywhere close to the +50% WS frequency you'd predict.

Also, what kind of X-hit are you going for? It looks to me like you're just throwing STP everywhere while using one of the highest delay GAs in the game. 14 TP/hit base, 5-hit requires about 43 STP. You have ~59 including /SAM. Leave Tactical Mantle in your safe, switch food to Red Curry Buns, change neck to Ravager's Gorget and you can do whatever you want in your WS gear safely. If you don't need the extra STP, switch White Tathlum to Ravager's Orb.
    I was /tossing on all that STP is cuz I planned to go /NIN. The Carbonara is needed to obtain 43 STP. I didn't do much endgame content pre-Abyssea, so I'm jus operating under the general assumption that all DD's should sub NIN for extra protection from AOE physicals and single tier nukes.

I don't know the dynamics of endgame outside of Abyssea, cept for Sky since i did the Gods (cept Kirin) regularly as PLD. Is WAR/SAM not an issue for the healer?
    (0)
    90 MNK. 90 BLM. 90 COR. 90 WAR.

Cept MNK (Got up to 41 in 2009). All that time wasted camping Retaliators....

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It is my general experience that situations where WAR/SAM is an issue because of healing, WAR/NIN is also an issue. No useful passive defenses and PDT/MDT only gets you so far. Shadows aren't so much better than Seigan/Third Eye that they make the difference in most situations.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Linh View Post
    90 MNK. 90 BLM. 90 COR.

Doesn't even mention WAR. Is the sig old, or do you not even have war 90 yet? Or did you have war pre-abyssea so left it out of that sig?
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    If you want to be completely optimal:

Subjob: Samurai (No point in ever going NIN, if you're dying in abyssea its because you don't know how to use seigan and third eye)
    Atma: Razed Ruins/Sanguine Scythe/Apocalypse
    Main: Ukonvasara
    Sub: Claymore Grip
    Ranged: none
    Ammo: Ravager's Orb
    Neck: Ravager's Gorget
    Ear1: Ravager's Earring
    Ear2: Brutal Earring
    Body: Armada Hauberk(ONLY WITH STP+5~6, DA+2, ELSE: USE ASKAR, or AF3+2)
    Hands: Ravager's Mufflers +2(Or Perle Hands with restraint down)
    Ring1: Blitz (Keen ring or demonry ring with perle hands restraint down)
    Ring2: Rajas
    Back: Atheling
    Waist: Goading
    Food: Red Curry Bun /+1

The math is out there to show that there is absolutely nothing better than this in terms of overall damage output. This will and DOES out perform everything else in the game, including SAM, including BLM, including EVERYTHING.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 06-08-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    If you want to be completely optimal [..]
    Inside Abyssea.... arguably. Define "out there" please (and a link, if you happen to have it handy).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    If you want to be completely optimal:

Subjob: Samurai (No point in ever going NIN, if you're dying in abyssea its because you don't know how to use seigan and third eye)
    Atma: Razed Ruins/Sanguine Scythe/Apocalypse
    Main: Ukonvasara
    Sub: Claymore Grip
    Ranged: none
    Ammo: Ravager's Orb
    Neck: Ravager's Gorget
    Ear1: Ravager's Earring
    Ear2: Brutal Earring
    Body: Armada Hauberk(ONLY WITH STP+5~6, DA+2, ELSE: USE ASKAR, or AF3+2)
    Hands: Ravager's Mufflers +2(Or Perle Hands with restraint down)
    Ring1: Blitz (Keen ring or demonry ring with perle hands restraint down)
    Ring2: Rajas
    Back: Atheling
    Waist: Goading
    Food: Red Curry Bun /+1

The math is out there to show that there is absolutely nothing better than this in terms of overall damage output. This will and DOES out perform everything else in the game, including SAM, including BLM, including EVERYTHING.
    this is correct i use Maschu +2 and the same gear my ukko's range from 3000-8000. though i change my grip out inside / outside of abyssea. * pole strap for 2% DA*
    just to explain thats a 6 hit 26% haste Ukon and a 5 Hit after Ws Maschu+2 Set. with about 30% DA before atmas come into play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gokku; 06-08-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast