Player

Linkshell Proposal; Hear me out, Carby?

Well, here it is. It may be rising up in alot of forums now, but it's pretty difficult, if not impossible to find a linkshell that does any kind of content besides Abyssea and other very recent things SE has given us on FFXI. It's something to do, can be fun at times, but I personally miss going out into different zones outside of Abyssea and killing NMs and EXPing 'traditionally'.

Also, following the new Abyssea Edition that was released a while ago, there's been a good amount of new guys and returning players who may or may not be starting fresh. Although it's a choice, I figure that these guys would be compelled to burn to level 30, then sit around LFP until an Abyssea group picked them up.

So, here's my two proposals mixed into one: I would like to create and attempt to lead a linkshell that would involve new, returning and old players, and involve all the new and old content alike. I figure this would allow new and fresh players to meet other players, get the leveling and whatever else they need, and in the end make it to endgame, while players already high up can help out if they want, and get together and do high level/endgame content either for kicks and giggles or for gain. So, adding all of that up, what I would want to establish is a mixed social and event linkshell, starting off with a mix of new and old players and hopefully eventually ending up as a group of players who have been able to sap up most of the content in-game, and ultimately have been able to enjoy themselves while obtaining this. But at the same time, I wouldn't want this linkshell to end up being just a help linkshell, with higher characters having nothing to do but wait until somebody asks to powerlevel them over level 30 instead of sitting around for an Aby party, for example. Somehow, if possible, I'd like that to balance itself out. It would probably start off laid back for higher level players, with more things to do as everyone is able to close the level gap.

Like I said, this is just a proposal. Mostly, as of know, a random thought that popped in my head while I was exping on DNC, noticing how most zones are super empty. This is probably thought of many times and heck, may be happening in Carby without me knowing. I figure I should might as well post something and see if any players would like to do this, since it'd be better to start off a linkshell with a couple of interested people from the start.

I would just like to see people still do Dynamis, expansion storylines (Hell, I might be the only one on the server not finished with mine), PVP, and even Garrison, etc. etc. every once in a while and enjoy some content on the game besides Abyssea. Don't get me wrong, fighting giant worms and getting aggroed by Amphitheatres have their fun sides, too.

If anyone is even somewhat interested in this, would just like to be a member, or many even help recruit or whatever, drop a line or contact me in-game. Look for the Taru named Ralulu.

Thanks for reading.
    (0)

do those other areas for what? Abyssea didn't take away people from other zones. The level cap being raised did. Only hardcore collectors spend hours in that other zone to collect nostalgic items to have sit in porter moogles collecting dust for no one but themselves to see occassionally. Good luck with this ls. I don't see nostalgia as a reason to hold anyones interest for long.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Player
    Thanks for your insight. I'll put all of that in mind.
    (0)

Player
    I need help more then ever in this game because im new and i want to learn how to play. Is it possible i can join
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vhain View Post
    I need help more then ever in this game because im new and i want to learn how to play. Is it possible i can join
    Your best bet is to try to find a highly populated social ls. A few actually. The more people you know, the higher the possibility of finding help. wiki.ffxiclopedia.org is your best friend as well. I've put my time in for helping new people so unfortunately you will bore me unless you're a whm, blm with promise, or a girl...

Well... i adopt tarutaru with the onion hair as well. Gotta take care of my own.
    (0)
    Last edited by Miiyo; 06-18-2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Miimiitaru also adopts his buddy Boo (dat's me)

ps, if you have any questions in game, ask ppl like myself...I can't say that I'll always be online, but I try to help/answer questions fer new players.
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhain View Post
    i will make an LinkShell for questing give me a few days and you can contact me in game or here and i will send you a LinkPerl
    (0)