Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Blue Mage Ideas and Suggestions

I figure this is as good of a place as any to suggest ways to improve on the job Blue Mage.

Idea 1 Azure Lore Improvement
    The Blue Mage two-hour ability Azure Lore is probably the most unused ability of its kind. With a 30 second duration and minor impact on most spells, it is really a wasted ability. My idea's to improve it are
    (1) After using Azure Lore your spells are instantly available without the 60-second cool-down period.
    (2) Under Azure Lore all Blue Magic spells are available for that 30-second window

Idea 2 Job Trait Combos
    Allow certain spells to affect multiple Job Traits. So instead of needing 4 spells for 2 job traits, a certain spell can help give both and leading to only needing 3 spells for the 2 traits.

Idea 3 Sneak and Invisible
    This would involve creating a creature that disappears for a few seconds and reappears to attack or something along those lines, kind of like the Bloodeye Vileberry. It would be a nice thing to have for obvious reasons.

Idea 4 Widescan
    While it's not an actual job trait, it would be nice if some sort of combo of spells unlocked this ability.

Idea 5 Magian Clubs
    This isn't so much an idea as a suggested change. Currently the only job on all of the magian club trials is WHM. Blu can use the Perdu Wand which was a nice option for a club weapon back at level 75 but as things scale to 99 the weapon selection is mostly magian. Now, I understand that Blu and Cor cannot use the all-powerful magian staves as they have no skill in the area, however, the club has been the only other weapon Blu has been able to use and it has higher than average skill at it so it would be nice to have the option of making magian weapons for it of that type.

Feel free to add/discuss more ideas.
    (1)

Player
    Was having this disscussion a few months ago with another BLU friend of mine. Its realy not fair for BLU to be the only mage job that has to pick and chose which spells they use. That you have to pick only certain spells after having to go through the hassle of learning them. There is never enough points to set what you want and what is needed.

The idea was instead of using points to set spells like you currently have to do. That it would be awesome to have all spells always avaliable and having to use points to set the job traits instead. SE could instead of doing the job traits in relation to what spell you use but have them instead avaliable at certain lvls. So you could cange aound the Traits as neededfor each situation instead of having to move around spells.

This would also eliminate the massive wait time there is when needing to move spells around in Abyssea in order to get the Yellow triggers covered.
    (2)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think its perfectly appropriate for blue mages not to have all spells at the same times. Remember spells are not just spells for bluemage... they are stat bonuses and Job Traits. It would not be appropriate to have all these traits and stat boosts at the same time. If you want to have all of it available... sounds like you might want to play redmage.

I have long wanted a snk/inviz for blu. Its the biggest reason I don't really use /blu at higher levels. I actually think an alternative spell would be fun... one that basically you target a mob and then you 'mimic' that mob so that mob type does not detect you. You basically get selective camouflage vs just that mob type. Its a bit novel, but it feels more appropriate to the lore of the job.

I love the ideas here about Azure lore. As it stands now, its next to useless.. but to have a small window w/ all spells (and possible all traits& boosts) would be absolutely fantastic! (and very versatile)

The club suggestion here also is quite appropriate. club is the only other viable weapon option. I've been looking all over for a decent club to use, and its just not there. I'm not going to belly-ache for hexastrike but Magian clubs would be perfectly appropriate imo.

(other great suggestions mentioned elsewhere include blu having a reraise (raise not needed) and improving the spells bad breath and 1000 needles. The nerf-bat just hit them too hard.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xilk; 03-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Azurre lore would barly cut it as a 5 minute abiltiy then a 2 hr. I would say efflux> azure lore -.-
    I really have no idea what to make azure lore other then to say its losy. I seen some ideas like acess to full spell list while under it, maybe allow a chain affinity reset.

we do need acess to more clubs, we have the 3rd highest skill in clubs that is tied with war. only PLD and WHM are higher.
    Plus it is our only other combat skill. acesss to Magian Clubs would be nice.

We need more set points. We got a ton new spells for 75 so the current cap of set points is based for level 75, not 90, it is not enough. If SE can’t add more set points, or does not want to, you can make a second list of settable spells that can’t be used for casting, but for job traits. For the most part we are suck on tier one traits and that is really unacceptable at level 90 and beyond.

1000 needles:
    There is no reason for this spell to cost the mp, cast time, recast time and the resist rate it has. Even at the level to equip at 62, 1000 damage is a joke. the mp to use should be in the 200's for MP cost, around 8 seconds for cast time and maybe 30 seconds for recast. Since it is also a proc spell in abyssea recasting it should not be a chore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-09-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Idea 5 Magian Clubs
    This isn't so much an idea as a suggested change. Currently the only job on all of the magian club trials is WHM. Blu can use the Perdu Wand which was a nice option for a club weapon back at level 75 but as things scale to 99 the weapon selection is mostly magian. ... the club has been the only other weapon Blu has been able to use and it has higher than average skill at it so it would be nice to have the option of making magian weapons for it of that type.
    One more on this bandwagon. It's our second-highest weapon, we have the third highest club skill, tied with warrior, and have access to respectable wses (Flash Nova is wonderful for getting shadows up). Yet the highest DPS club we get is Perdu, from 75. At that, we only get wands and clubs. (BLU. Mjollnir. C'mon, let's tick some WHMs off! ^^ )

Seriously, though, do with the wands that was done with the staves: six jobs get the elemental staves, but only BLM/SCH/SMN get the physical staves; maybe add BLU and PLD to the Elemental clubs?

Or at least add some high (80+) clubs that are clear DD items, with BLU on it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kasandaro; 03-09-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: wall-o-text

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasandaro View Post
    One more on this bandwagon. It's our second-highest weapon, we have the third highest club skill, tied with warrior, and have access to respectable wses (Flash Nova is wonderful for getting shadows up). Yet the highest DPS club we get is Perdu, from 75. At that, we only get wands and clubs. (BLU. Mjollnir. C'mon, let's tick some WHMs off! ^^ )

Seriously, though, do with the wands that was done with the staves: six jobs get the elemental staves, but only BLM/SCH/SMN get the physical staves; maybe add BLU and PLD to the Elemental clubs?

Or at least add some high (80+) clubs that are clear DD items, with BLU on it.
    Evil face >XD I said that too! ;p
    if you want to add PLD to magain though logic tells you that you have to for war as well since they are tied with us.
    war and pld have no practical use out of them since they make use of other weapons like sword, great sword, (PLD), AXE, great axe (WAR) so they have other empyrean choices.
    the nice thing with flash nova is skillchain placement and high damage for a bew ws, club ws also cover a lot of skillchain placements that sword misses.
    (0)

Character
    Sandria
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 91
    Waiting for Big/Mighty Guard and Matra Magic...maybe a level ?? spell or two...also some better accuracy on 1000 Needles would be quite divine
    (0)
    I'ma bop you one, Shadow Lord!

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think the number 1 improvement I'd like to see at this point is an adjustment for some of our enhancing spells. In particular, I would like to see the cast time for Triumphant Roar decreased to that of Fantod's and/or have its duration increased to 5 minutes.
    (0)

Character
    Koroma
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    !!ELEMENTAL AFFINITY PATHS FOR MAGIAN SWORDS!!

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Affinity
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would like to see stronger buff spells for tanking capabilites since our best one is Cocoon, like maybe something that acts like some ofthe PLD abilites would be fun, idk about you guys, but I tank a shit load on my BLU. Sneak and invis would be interesting, but I strongly doubt that one, I just don't see the capability of it, now if you could get a spell like a Mimic, where you have to select a particular mob within the area, and it basically acted as a costume where you assume the form of that mob and have aggro immunity to that particular mob... that would be interesting.

2hrs are meant to be oh-shit buttons, and BLU is a well if I'm going to throw everything at it, I might as well use Azure and see what happens button (thats a long button). Thats really how I use it, it is not a game changer, which pisses me off. SE needs to invest some time in changing this to a game changer 2 hour, but its hard to give it an original 2 hour with out taking from BLM (no mp taken), RDM (casting faster), SCH (being able to cast all spells). Really in the end BLU is going to have to borrow from one, I can't think of many original ideas these days for it.

We don't need a wide scan, I can say that much, thats just too much lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast