Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player

Idea

Idea
    Level 91-99 Ability that allows use of any spell learned

Personally, I'd like to see this implemented. I think having it on a 10 or 20 minute timer would seem fair and could help retain balance. There are always those times when you feel like you could really use one of your other Blue Magic spells but you're in the middle of battle and you can't afford to wait a full minute to set it.

This would allow you to cast a spell any spell that you've learned but haven't set, and would open up some interesting possibilities when facing against situations you haven't fully prepared for.
    (0)

Character
    Kaht
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    One of the coolest suggestions I've seen for BLU was to change azure lore so that every spell cast over the next 30s would be under the effect of chain affinity. This would allow you to skillchain your spells on top of eachother, instead of WS > spell like we're forced to do now due to CA recast timer.

To be honest, 30s might be a bit extreme - maybe the next 3 spells cast will have the effect of chain affinity (making it more like Meiko, but only for spells)
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefold View Post
    Idea

Personally, I'd like to see this implemented. I think having it on a 10 or 20 minute timer would seem fair and could help retain balance. There are always those times when you feel like you could really use one of your other Blue Magic spells but you're in the middle of battle and you can't afford to wait a full minute to set it.

This would allow you to cast a spell any spell that you've learned but haven't set, and would open up some interesting possibilities when facing against situations you haven't fully prepared for.
    Love that idea, i set Dreamflower and Blank gaze, rarely use them, but an ability like this will free up some set points, from having to set them.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kaht View Post
    One of the coolest suggestions I've seen for BLU was to change azure lore so that every spell cast over the next 30s would be under the effect of chain affinity. This would allow you to skillchain your spells on top of eachother, instead of WS > spell like we're forced to do now due to CA recast timer.

To be honest, 30s might be a bit extreme - maybe the next 3 spells cast will have the effect of chain affinity (making it more like Meiko, but only for spells)
    that is where i was going with when i said reset chain affinity, if they can't program to allow the next 3 spells to be chained affinity atomically, it could at least reset it so you could do WS >CA spell > AL>CA> spell.

but using 2 ja like that with lag may prevent a sc, but its something depending what can be programmed
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefold View Post
    Idea

This idea is gold.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    I would like to see stronger buff spells for tanking capabilites since our best one is Cocoon, like maybe something that acts like some ofthe PLD abilites would be fun, idk about you guys, but I tank a shit load on my BLU. Sneak and invis would be interesting, but I strongly doubt that one, I just don't see the capability of it, now if you could get a spell like a Mimic, where you have to select a particular mob within the area, and it basically acted as a costume where you assume the form of that mob and have aggro immunity to that particular mob... that would be interesting.

2hrs are meant to be oh-shit buttons, and BLU is a well if I'm going to throw everything at it, I might as well use Azure and see what happens button (thats a long button). Thats really how I use it, it is not a game changer, which pisses me off. SE needs to invest some time in changing this to a game changer 2 hour, but its hard to give it an original 2 hour with out taking from BLM (no mp taken), RDM (casting faster), SCH (being able to cast all spells). Really in the end BLU is going to have to borrow from one, I can't think of many original ideas these days for it.

We don't need a wide scan, I can say that much, thats just too much lol.
    In a different thread i said that they should make v2's of job 2Hs and for blu they should allow us to morph into soulflayers.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    This idea is gold.
    Agreed, that would be amazing.
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    My problem with this 2 hour idea of Kwate's..... It is SCH's 2 hour, the ability to use white and dark spells by Tabula Rasa, although it is slightly different, it is all too similar. that is the issue with the BLU community and a desire to change the 2 hour. We all can easily agree that BLU 2 hour needs to be changed, not that we want it too, or that it should, its that it NEEDS too be. Its too much of a 2 hour that doesn't change the outcome of a fight.... at all.

While other things like perfect dodge, Invincible, SAM's 2 hour (I don't feel like spellin that shit out), hell even NIN's 2 hour is useful to some extent. These are all things that could be battle changing, and yet our BLU hour doesn't change anything, if your screwed, using your 2 hour isn't going to change that fact, your dead meat regardless. Yet what I can say is that every BLU's idea treads the line of borrowing from another job, rather then actually using something original. People have brought up that we should be able to cast with out consuming MP (BLM), being able to cast spells really fast within 30 seconds (RDM), being able to use all spells with out penalty (SCH).

I mean really the only original ideas I have heard of, is the being able to turn into a soulflayer and use all spells (interesting but again, steals from SCH, and is highly unlikely that SE would give us a soulflayer costume), and this is the first time hearing this one, but being able to use successive Chain Affinity spells with out having to use the ability, now that would make sense and be interesting. One of the key things BLU is identified by, is its Chain Affinity. To use that key defining JA and use it in such succession to be able to create multiple SCs or multi stepped Lights Darks SCs, or hell too even just have Chain affinity affected spells!

That would be awesome! What would only make that even more of a ZOMG! 2 hour! is if you were either given 300% TP that did not get consumed until the affect wore off, or however much TP you had when you started the 2 hour, you would not have erased no matter how much you use the spells that have a temporary chain affinity affect. So for instance I use Azure Lore (Chain Affinity Affect applied to all spells within 30 seconds) and have 200% TP use Disseverment, hit the mob and get to 240%, do goblin rush, and hit the mob again and get to 265%, you get the idea. That you can still build TP while under this affect, but you cannot consume the TP within the 30 seconds. I think that would be a phenomenal 2 hour idea. Still keeps BLU originality, and is actually a spell that could actually change the course of a fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Scuro; 03-11-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: People not able to read, now its fixed, sorry I get carried away when I write so sometimes I don't paragraph space.

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Oh and I understand some people are like, Well Scuro! That is basically a SAM 2 hour! Well it should be a TP% that only applies to spells, or in the case someone tries to just WS or WS + Spell to create skill chains, it will consume the TP rather then eliminate TP cost, or even just drop the effect all together are some ideas to keep this balanced and yet not stepping on the feet of SAMs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    My problem with this 2 hour idea of Kwate's..... It is SCH's 2 hour, the ability to use white and dark spells by Tabula Rasa, although it is slightly different, it is all too similar. that is the issue with the BLU community and a desire to change the 2 hour. We all can easily agree that BLU 2 hour needs to be changed, not that we want it too, or that it should, its that it NEEDS too be. Its too much of a 2 hour that doesn't change the outcome of a fight.... at all. While other things like perfect dodge, Invincible, SAM's 2 hour (I don't feel like spellin that shit out), hell even NIN's 2 hour is useful to some extent. These are all things that could be battle changing, and yet our BLU hour doesn't change anything, if your screwed, using your 2 hour isn't going to change that fact, your dead meat regardless. Yet what I can say is that every BLU's idea treads the line of borrowing from another job, rather then actually using something original. People have brought up that we should be able to cast with out consuming MP (BLM), being able to cast spells really fast within 30 seconds (RDM), being able to use all spells with out penalty (SCH). I mean really the only original ideas I have heard of, is the being able to turn into a soulflayer and use all spells (interesting but again, steals from SCH, and is highly unlikely that SE would give us a soulflayer costume), and this is the first time hearing this one, but being able to use successive Chain Affinity spells with out having to use the ability, now that would make sense and be interesting. One of the key things BLU is identified by, is its Chain Affinity. To use that key defining JA and use it in such succession to be able to create multiple SCs or multi stepped Lights Darks SCs, or hell too even just have Chain affinity affected spells! That would be awesome! What would only make that even more of a ZOMG! 2 hour! is if you were either given 300% TP that did not get consumed until the affect wore off, or however much TP you had when you started the 2 hour, you would not have erased no matter how much you use the spells that have a temporary chain affinity affect. So for instance I use Azure Lore (Chain Affinity Affect applied to all spells within 30 seconds) and have 200% TP use Disseverment, hit the mob and get to 240%, do goblin rush, and hit the mob again and get to 265%, you get the idea. That you can still build TP while under this affect, but you cannot consume the TP within the 30 seconds. I think that would be a phenomenal 2 hour idea. Still keeps BLU originality, and is actually a spell that could actually change the course of a fight.
    Can you please learn how to use paragraphs? It's very hard to read your posts.
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast