Character
    Redds
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50

beginner white mage

hey all i'm sort of a beginner, i am no stranger to healer jobs since i been a cleric to priest, but my questions are:
    1. i heard roumor that protect and shell become stronger in "layers" like if you cast it once and casted, oh say protectra will that strengthen the barrier effect or restart it to it's starting protective stat?
    2. if cure only heals a small ammount of hp, does that too become stronger per cast?

3. i'm level 9 so far, and learned up to paralyze to cure to dia, and my question implies : does paralyze have a various effect like hit and miss or is it sometimes hit but mostly miss?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    1. Nope

2. Nope. The cure spell line will heal upto a set amount which is increased via Cure Potency, Healing Magic Skill, Mind and Vitality.

3. Paralyze is a debuff, while active on the enemy you have a small chance they will be paralyzed, and therefore not perform an action.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Casting protect and shell will only reset the duration of the spell back to its maximum amount. It's potency will stay fixed however.

Cures run on a specific formula; each having different caps. If you're interested in the math behind it:

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Index.html

otherwise, you can just play around with his cure calculator located at:

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/c...alculator.html

Paralyse causes paralysis on a target. You'll normally want to stack skill and MND to increase the chances of it landing in the first place, and the chance at which you'll see 'XYZ is paralysed!' in the chatlog.
    (0)

Character
    Redds
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    thank you for your help and informative.. information
    (0)
    Healin' is mah bizness ladies! an' bizness is guud!