Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Why close thief petition thread

Why was the thread thief petition closed?

I cannot vouch for any of his numbers but i can agree that as a life long thief i find todays update information an complete insult
    (3)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    First off, it's possible he closed his own thread (I think SE implemented this feature - which is a bad one to begin with).

Secondly, at least wait and see what your exact adjustments are?

Thirdly, THF is a pretty well rounded job combining defense (highest evasion in the game, subtle blow effects), offense (triple attack, sneak attack, critical hit bonus, dual wield, solid weapon skills), and tons of exclusive abilities and traits like treasure hunter and ways to control hate. THF also has access to a variety of strong weapons, has atma that's basically tailored for the job and can equip a ton of haste gear - and achieve 25~26% Haste with relative ease.

Not going to say THF is the best job out there - but it's better than most these days. Adjustments and new abilities are always fun, but not getting a Berserk or Impetus doesn't qualify as insulting.
    (8)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Didn't even know players can close their own threads. If he did do that, it was the right choice, that way it will be lost and forgotten soon. THF doesn't need many adjustments, in the current job spectrum they perform extremely well for many situations. This update didn't do much, but what it did wasn't bad either. The very short range of those abilities has been bothering me for a while. Other jobs didn't get anything, so this wasn't too bad.

Edit:
    Maybe it was locked because it wasn't in the THF subforum, although I don't know what the policy on that is, since I've seen threads get moved before.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

To comment and clarify on what Francisco stated, Thief doesn't natively get subtle blow. And the ability Conspirator only applies to party members not the target of aggression, making it useless while soloing. Also, we only get 1 tier of Dual Wield.

Thief may not need much in adjustment, but it definitely needs some form of adjustment in comparison to the jobs that rival it, dancer and ninja. Whether its hate manipulation, damage dealing or actual thief like activities, thief's degree of potency in these realms is sub par to ninja and dancer's degrees of potency in their realms of specialty.
    (0)
    Last edited by thefinalrune; 06-04-2011 at 12:01 AM.

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    We only get 1 tier of Dual Wield.
    THF recieved DWII somewhere on the road to 90.

While I don't think the Accomplorator change is an insult per se, I can see why it might have struck a chord with some players. To me, it is one of those things that should have never been as short as it was from the start. Being as close range as they were just made them unneccessarily limited (that, and being tied to the same recast timer. 5 minutes is too long to be relevant). I look at this as an attempt to fix something that was broken rather than an actual job adjustment.

It is a minor tweak, but at least it isn't something useless like lolDespoil or something with retarded limitations like conspirator. I'm sure it will not be the only Thief adjustment to come either, so I would suggest patience. Is it all that the job needs? No. Not even close. But is it helpful? I think so.

I'll take something helpful and the opportunity to have more conversations about what kind of updates Thief really needs.

I like the way Square Enix is handling communication these days, and am optomistic that we will have a voice into what updates THF does get. After all, the range on these is something we have been complaining about.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 06-04-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This should be under the THF forum, not General Discussion.
    (2)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

I'm still hoping for updates which will help THF a little more in the DD department. It still takes a lot of effort to turn THF into a halfway-decent DD outside of Abyssea, and as it stands, THFs are still too easily replaced by a mule character who does nothing more than attack an NM once for TH.

On that note, I agree with Nebo on the Accomplice/Collaborator adjustment, and I'm glad SE is adjusting the range on it. I'm hoping we can use it on mages standing near max-casting range, and maybe it'll lessen the aggravation of chasing down panicky BLMs when they pull hate. The ~8' range was aggravating to say the least.

Also SE, if you're still reading this, please adjust Conspirator to last 3 minutes instead of 1. It's bad enough that Conspirator does not affect the melee with hate, but with only a lousy 1 minute effect duration, it's not as useful as I would have hoped (it's still nice for the final 25% of an NM's HP, though).
    (1)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Quote Originally Posted by Gropitou View Post
    This should be under the THF forum, not General Discussion.
    Galka should be in the mines, not General Discussion.

(9)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There's no point in having discussions in the Job Forums, because (as far as I can tell) they have never been responded to and there's no evidence they have ever been read. That was probably why he posted it in General instead.

Aside: His math is offensively bad. The first thing I saw when I looked at that thread was:
    (Oirandori) (Damage (44) + FSTR(12) x pdif (2.0) = 112
    (Kamone) (Damage (39) + FSTR (12) x pdif(2.0) = 102

a single round kogara/kamone = 216
    The addition doesn't work out if you actually use Kogara, either.
    (3)

First thing I saw was him talk about ninajs using Ininn, and I was all like WTF, what kind of bad ninjas does this guy run around with that they can use ininn and gain some kind of effect out of it that isn't -evasion. Seriously, if you can play ninja and you're not tanking pretty much all the time, you're doing it wrong, ininn is garbage and cannot be used because the mob should be facing you 90% of the time.

EDIT::
    After I saw this terrible error in judgement I knew nothing would come of reading the rest of his post because he had no idea what he was talking about, and the thread was closed so it's not like I could tell him where he messed up. So I stopped reading it.
    (2)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 06-04-2011 at 01:23 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast