Hybrid View

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

[dev1017] Zanshin Attacks and chat log

Stupid request, but I wonder if it would be possible to make a difference in the chatlog between regular attacks and zanshin attacks? For example

Zhronne's attack hits the Ramponneau for 234 damage.
    Zhronne's zanshin attack hits the Ramponneau for 228 damage.

This way the chatlog would let us see the difference between these two different attacks and would make it easier for us to make a better evaluation of the impact Zanshin has on our overall performance.
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    just run a parser with 0 DA/TA/QA
    then run with DA gear to see if stack or not

if rate is same than actual but on all hit /welcome 50% DA

maybe time to rework sam merit (lol zanshin rate+ )
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Doubt it's gonna stack with DA, since Zanshin attacks have different properties according to Zanshin gear and Zanshin merits (Ikishoten etc), whereas doubleattacks and tripleattacks are exactely the same as your main attack.

It's probably gonna be like DA, TA, OAT, OA2-3 etc, where it's either one or the other that procs on each attack turn.
    FFXI chat log is notoriously bad (PS2 limits etc), but a simple addition like this one seems even easier than the one they're about to implement (where they're gonna show the name of the player to procced a !! in Abyssea), so it seemed logical for me to ask

As for your merits doubts, I don't know if we're gonna give up Meditate merits in group1, maybe some STP merits though, especially since we're getting a new STP job trait, might be worth to take off a few merits there and put them in Zanshin.
    About Ikishoten I don't know... maybe in place of Blade Bash/Shikikoyo? Most samurais used to go 1 Shiki 4 Blade 5 Overwhelm. Maybe take 3 out of Blade and put 'em in Ikishoten? (I'm just lame and I went 5 Shiki 5 Over...)
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    More concerned with whether an increased counter rate on Seigan will make the ability on the whole less reliable for its actual purpose.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This also concerns me as well as the fact Double/Triple/Other things greatly decrease the chance to Zanshin reducing its usefulness.

That as well too since Counter reduces the chance for Third Eye to stay active as I would rather Third Eye stay active then Counter unless SE will give us the ability to earn TP from our Counters since they are not common anyway.

Edit: It would be nice if Zanshin also could activate on the first hit of a WS if it misses I think most other Sam's can testify for this as well especially when I know that I myself have gone out to Jugner Forest on my (90) Samurai and wiffed 3 GK WS's in a row... regardless of how much TP gain might come from Ikishoten merits and a Zanshin hit activate on a WS, I'd just rather have all those single hit WS misses fixed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Toren; 06-04-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    Former Toren of Fairy

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toren View Post

That as well too since Counter reduces the chance for Third Eye to stay active as I would rather Third Eye stay active then Counter unless SE will give us the ability to earn TP from our Counters since they are not common anyway.

afaik never have been proved (and imo it not true)

hello nanatsusaya/5ikishoten build: normal+zanshin attack every round, 5hit build (ws+2rounds)

or a full set/omnipotent build
    (0)
    Last edited by hiko; 06-04-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That is true I retract my earlier statement about the Counter's.

Edit: Although I would still like to eventually see a possibility of TP gain from counter even if its after the 99 cap.
    (0)
    Last edited by Toren; 06-04-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    Former Toren of Fairy

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They can't increase single hit WS accuracy as it's basically 95% already - bar insanely evasive mobs while you're blinded. All you experienced is bad luck.
    (0)
    Quote of the day*

"Opps sorry dozed off, do you think I care about a 5hit build obvioulsy not. Do I have the gear for it yes I do. A little thing about WAR is double attack which makes up for that. So you can shove your 5hit build for someone that doesnt even have WAR leveled."

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    pretty much sams going to have a 90% double attack chance in Abyssea now. yay. also your bad luck with WS's is from that 5% base evasion rate a monster will always have. you could drop a nuclear warhead inside of their anus, and they could still have a 5% chance to evade it.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    pretty much sams going to have a 90% double attack chance in Abyssea now. yay. also your bad luck with WS's is from that 5% base evasion rate a monster will always have. you could drop a nuclear warhead inside of their anus, and they could still have a 5% chance to evade it.
    Assuming this setup:
    15% TA (Apoc atma)
    25% DA (10 /war, 5 brutal, 3 atheling, 2 pole grip, 5 VV atma)
    45% Zanshin (base SAM main rate if wiki isn't lying, no merits)

If Zanshin can only proc exclusively against DA/TA, and checks last:
    Multihit rate = (15%) + ((1-15%) * 25%) + ((1-((1-15%)+(1-15%)*25%))*45%) = .15 (TA) + .2125 (DA) + .287 (Zanshin) = ~65%
    Attacks per round = 1 + (.15 * 2) + (.2125 * 1) + (.287 * 1) = 1 + .3 + .2125 + .287 = 1.7995

If Zanshin can only proc exclusively against DA/TA, and check first:
    Multihit rate = (45%) + ((1-45%) * 15%) + ((1-((1-45%) + (1-45%) * 15%)) * 25%) = .45 (Zanshin) + .0825 (TA) + .117 (DA) = ~65%
    Attacks per round = 1 + (.45 * 1) + (.0825 * 2) + (.117 * 1) = 1.732

If Zanshin can proc mutually with DA/TA, but only on the first hit:
    Multihit rate = (15%) + ((1-15%) * 25%) + ((1-((1-15%)+(1-15%)*25%))*45%) = .15 (TA) + .2125 (DA) + .287 (Zanshin) = ~65%
    Attacks per round = 1 + (.15 * 2) + (.2125 * 1) + .45 = 1.9625

If Zanshin can proc mutually with DA/TA, on any of the hits:
    Attacks per round = (1 + (.15 * 2) + (.2125 * 1)) * 1.45 = 2.19

Honestly, case 1 or 3 seems the most likely. No matter what, you aren't hitting anything like 90% multihit rate total, let alone DA rate, but you are close to averaging 1.9 swings/round.

Edit: Corrected with the info below. Thanks for pointing it out.
    (0)
    Last edited by TheDirtyHobo; 06-09-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast