Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pankration!

Character
    Spamtastic
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    omg, i cannot find the words to explain how much i support this. my ls just had a double elimination bracket style tournament with 650k in prizes. it was so much fun.

perhaps we'll finally see the blackhorn and stripehorn?
    (0)
    Spamtastic - Valefor

you know what would be a good idea if after they update it, GM or other SE employees can hold tournaments with their own mobs for prizes.
    (0)

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    WTH an update to Pankration but not Ballista? This sucks... Even Pokemon wannabe content can catch the dev team's attention...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Harukusan View Post
    WTH an update to Pankration but not Ballista? This sucks... Even Pokemon wannabe content can catch the dev team's attention...
    Got a problem with it bro we can go Ballista right now buddy.

JUST KIDDING! No I don't really use Ballista to play hard and act like a drunk 14 year old Halo player screaming racial slurs because i managed to get a kill.

But yeah, I'm sure a Ballista update will eventually come. But really, if you remember an interview SE gave a while back, They never even wanted PVP in FFXI, is was added later do to some demand or something. they envisioned FFXI as a game where adventurers worked together only, not in pvp/conflict. But they added ballista because there was a demand for PVP. Of course to make it seem less "Combative" they made it a "Training" type battle, which makes sense.

Hopefully we will see some update? I should read that Ballista thread.

Given enough demand they'll update it, Just bide your time! it will come.
    (1)

Character
    Seshamaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    All you hardcore pankration-ers will be happy to hear that we received word from the lead saying he would like to make adjustments to the system as well as add new ways of playing and rewards. However, it will be a little while before we implement anything.
    It's been over a half of a year now year now Camate, I know nobody cares about pankration, but damn it I do and I want new mobs! XD Any info about upcoming changes would be appreciated.

P.S. ZNMs could use an overhaul with, new tiers and gear while you're at it.
    (0)

I know some of you are really excited and anxious to see changes/additions to the Pankration system. The development team would like to revisit this system, but there are no plans to do anything immediately. Hang in there a bit longer and we will be sure to keep you updated on any plans they have!
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    *facepalm* did we really need this?

DID WE REALLY NEED THIS?

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION, FORUMGOERS.

You all need to focus on the bigger things like Voidwatch's craptastic loot system before worrying about stuff like this...I swear to god, it's people like almost everyone in this thread who drive Square-Enix off course. Pankration is one of the last things we need to worry about.
    (6)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 01-18-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't care about Pankration.
    (1)

Player
    I know some of you are really excited and anxious to see changes/additions to the Pankration system

I have no words.
    (1)

Character
    Crystenne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I know some of you are really excited and anxious to see changes/additions to the Pankration system.
    Some of us might be, but the vast, vast majority of us aren't.
    (1)
    Crystenne ~ Fenrir Server
    PLD, SAM, BLU, DRG, MNK, RDM 95
    Aegis - O Masamune - O Almace - O

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast