Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I stole Attack Boost from an Easy Prey scorpion and it lasted 5 minutes. Coincidence? I think not.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    the fact it was ep means nothing...
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I wish I had found this thread earlier because I was actually thinking of suggesting many of the things that the OP suggests. IMO some of the timers suggested are a bit too fast (I was aiming for PD to be a 15 minutes ability, not 5 minute, and I had no idea what thf's new 2 hour would be), and I also think that using an AoE version of flee and hide should result in a longer cooldown as well. The suggested steal system is brilliant though.
    (0)

I think allowing Despoil to Absorb the Despoiled "Effect" would be treading too much into DRK territory and its "absorb" buffs, Especially if we were allowed to chose each which debuff we wanted to inflict/absorb. regardless of a shared timer. (Plus we technically do that with Aura Steal minus the Debuff inflicted).

This is more a copy>paste of Ideas i tossed in another Thread about ways to Improve Steal, Aura Steal, Mug and Despoil to be useful.

*Lower Recast timers across the board As follows:
    **Steal Reduced to 1 minute.
    **Despoil Reduced to 2 minute. Always inflicts an Ailment.
    **Mug Reduced to 3 minutes

*They No Longer share a timer.

*Allow them to inflict Damage, as well as grant TP.. Damage is based on Weapon damage, and modded slightly by DEX. Steal and Mug would still take their respective items/gil.

*Effect of Despoil can be controlled by targeting your attack to a specific area. Example
    **Despoil: Head - Inflicts Ailments related to the mind. Blind, Amnesia, Silence, M.acc Down, M.Atk down
    **Despoil: Body - Inflicts Ailments related to the body. Attack down, Defense down, Paralyze, Magic Def down
    **Despoil: Legs - Inflicts Ailments related to the legs. Slow, Evasion down, Gravity, Accuracy down

*Mug able to Steal Cruor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Traits to enhance the above.

"Tricks of the Trade"
    Increases the rate of success for stealing items with "Steal", and Picking locks, and amount of gil stolen through "Mug".
    THF:35/50/75/90
    *Increases Each by 5% per level.

*Unknown Name*
    Increases the TP received and Damage dealt through Steal, Despoil, and Mug
    THF:20/40/60/80
    *Increases TP by 3, and Damage dealt by 3% per level

*Unknown Name*
    Increases the Potency of Effects inflicted through "Despoil"
    THF:91/96
    *Increases Potency by 5% each stage.

Really liked a lot of the OP's ideas.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Thief's 2hr should be 100% accuracy, not 100% evasion.

<_<
    (0)

Character
    Zyla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    100% acc wouldn't do much for thf, we're already pretty accurate with daggers to begin with.

i'd much rather see something like 1min where every hit is augmented with SA and TA. or a steal ability for a 2hr that drops enemy att, m.att, def, m.def and acc to 0 for 1-2 min (thf would not absorb these stats, that's more drk's realm).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyla420 View Post
    100% acc wouldn't do much for thf, we're already pretty accurate with daggers to begin with.
    In Abyssea god-mode sure, on things that actually matter outside, don't kid yourself. We weren't even close to cap on important mobs at 75, we aren't now, and we wont be at 99. In fact even in Abyssea, we are not acc capped against higher tier stuff.

Also I believe his post was in making everything 100% accurate, including steals. Not that there's anything worth stealing once every 2hrs.
    (1)

Character
    Zyla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    In Abyssea god-mode sure, on things that actually matter outside, don't kid yourself. We weren't even close to cap on important mobs at 75, we aren't now, and we wont be at 99. In fact even in Abyssea, we are not acc capped against higher tier stuff.

Also I believe his post was in making everything 100% accurate, including steals. Not that there's anything worth stealing once every 2hrs.
    while yes we weren't capped on acc on endgame content i still think 100% for a 2hr would be a waste, there far better things thf could have for a 2hr.
    (0)

Character
    Phen
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 95
    Hey lets have a survey. A lot of us play thf regularly in your last ten outings on thf how many times would you say used:
    Steal to steal items
    Aura Steal to dispel- also how many absorbs did you get
    Despoil for items/enfeeb--- success in either.

First my numbers: ive been mainly doing twashtar work for the last two weeks. A lot of it was on thf.
    Steal for steal: 0
    Aura Steal(3merits): 15 times, successful absorb 3times, fail 4. I used this on Glavoid a lot after he absorbed buffs and itza super haste. In both cases we usually killed one or two more before the timer was up again though.
    Despoil: I can soundly say 0 times.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I don't play THF, but what if Mug were changed to be a damage + stun move (as suggested on the first page) which also kicks your treasure hunter effect up a level?

Or maybe make it add a gilfinder debuff?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast