Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    If you dont want ruby, can use cataclysm, dont need to rely on 2hr chests.
    This is true, but needs more healing most of the time, as you'll be taking much more damage since the highest cataclysm i've seen is only 2.3k, which requires you to gimp your atmas quite a bit and a huge overhall in MAB gear.
    (0)

idk if its been mentioned but with PDT gear and atmas on war/rdm you can AE mobs down, not as safe as on pld but it does work just fine.
    (0)

Character
    Aurara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    This is true, but needs more healing most of the time, as you'll be taking much more damage since the highest cataclysm i've seen is only 2.3k, which requires you to gimp your atmas quite a bit and a huge overhall in MAB gear.
    my catas do 2.5-2.6k, and with retaliation+20+ mobs TP isn't an issue, also PDT gear/phalanx shouldnt be an issue lol.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I cleave on Dancer. The actual kill may be slower, but it requires very little support. Generally I build 300TP and 5 Finishing moves on a monster while I check chests with another account, and then I pull everything. Sekka -> Aeolian Edge -> Aeolian Edge -> Reverse Flourish -> Aeolian Edge -> Meditate +hits (OA2-4 offhand) -> Aeolian Edge kills everything and takes <30 seconds (unless the monsters are being dicks and running through my body). Checking chests is always the bad part.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I cleave on Dancer. The actual kill may be slower, but it requires very little support. Generally I build 300TP and 5 Finishing moves on a monster while I check chests with another account, and then I pull everything. Sekka -> Aeolian Edge -> Aeolian Edge -> Reverse Flourish -> Aeolian Edge -> Meditate +hits (OA2-4 offhand) -> Aeolian Edge kills everything and takes <30 seconds (unless the monsters are being dicks and running through my body). Checking chests is always the bad part.
    There are tons of jobs that do AoE burning better than WAR, WAR just does it fastest provided enough support.

BLM, BLU, DNC, THF, NIN, MNK(MNK takes as much support/more support than war though) can all do it provided with correct gear and/or atma, and to a lesser extent RDM can do it with Chainspell (and just nuking the crap out of everything you see, instead of pulling/waiting)

I personally do it on BLU solo, though it takes a bit longer because of buffs/sleep/debuffs. WAR+RDM or WAR+WHM+fisherman I believe is the fastest, since mighty strikes + FC = 1hit, or so close to 1hit banishga II could finish them.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    There are tons of jobs that do AoE burning better than WAR, WAR just does it fastest provided enough support.
    WAR can also do it solo, just not quite as well. As I said, if you don't go for the one-shot, pull a bunch of penguins, with 3x Def/Regen Atma on and full PDT gear and Defender, still only takes 3 or 4 WS to kill mobs, which is still only 10-15 seconds. And while you open chests and wait for repops, the Regen is enough to cure you back up. That's why I find it unnecessary to gear amazingly for FC burns. I used to pull and cleave both on WAR, with a semi-afk WHM on the side, did it without any problems and it was fast and efficient. This doesn't work with all mobs of course, but weak hitting mobs like mandies or penguins or chigoes, you'll have it really easy on WAR.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    WAR can also do it solo, just not quite as well. As I said, if you don't go for the one-shot, pull a bunch of penguins, with 3x Def/Regen Atma on and full PDT gear and Defender, still only takes 3 or 4 WS to kill mobs, which is still only 10-15 seconds. And while you open chests and wait for repops, the Regen is enough to cure you back up. That's why I find it unnecessary to gear amazingly for FC burns. I used to pull and cleave both on WAR, with a semi-afk WHM on the side, did it without any problems and it was fast and efficient. This doesn't work with all mobs of course, but weak hitting mobs like mandies or penguins or chigoes, you'll have it really easy on WAR.
    I'm never able to do this because I never just go to cleave if I'm on WAR, so I wouldn't know, although I've used a similar method to skill up.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3