Thread: Magian Trials

Character
    Obese
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

Magian Trials

Can SE on the next level increase think of any more interesting trials rather than increasing kill number or items collected.

These trials dont show any skill of the player who is completing the trials and for most of them a player can just stand back and have a trial completed for them.

I really think future trials should be aimed at a players ability at their trial job and be incorporated into normal gameplay.

Take the cure potency staff for example. This series of trials is mainly aimed at killing, but why not do it to test your curing during battle mode or even in a particular event like campaign (for example fully retore the HP of 20 NPCs).

Trials for empyrean weapons are based on collecting many, many, many items on the same NMs, which just results in overcrowding and boredom for those friends you need to drag along. Wouldnt it be a more enjoyable trial to involve the weapon or weaponskill somehow in battle scenario?
    (0)

Player
    I have to agree this needs to be some what fixed. Atm i am trying to work on Armageddon but i am stuck at Hovering Hotpot the last non trigger nm in the set but i find its very random repop time to be stopping me dead in my tracks and this seems to be the hardest part of getting this weapon the early part, the end part is just getting a group together its the early parts of these weapons that are much too hard it should be the late parts that requiter a good bit of work and time.
    (0)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I have to agree that these quests aren't very engaging and are extremely inconsiderate to players. Do I really have to spend like 30 hours of my life for just one trial killing off level 20-30 Goblins? What does this have to do with a weapon designed for level 90+s?
    (0)

Um... level 75 cap was colibri, colibri, colibri, and a side of colibri for exp and merits for YEARS. I think Magian is a great bit better than that.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

:'-( I'm frustrated with trial 1201. Briareus only drops a max of 2 helms, yet I'm expected to get 50 of them? Divide that by how many people in my party are lotting for them or freaking claiming all of them before we even begin!

I have been on this trial for what seems like forever, and have not gotten a single helm. :'-( Couldn't the Briareus Helm be more plentiful? I could see how two per kill would be sufficient if I were the only one after the helm, but that will never be the case. I hate this trial, but I want my Almace! I'm almost there..
    (0)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Need to take initiative, and form a small group. Best way to complete these trials. Find two or three ppl who need items for empy's. Do the KI, and boss for one person one night per week each. That allows equal progression, and insures ppl won't just bounce. Much better method than random ls lotting, or doing one person's trail to the exclusion of all others.
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Agreed. Magian trials could have so much more potential with more unique trial requirements. Kill X Y number of times, Kill X or Y while under Z weather conditions, Collect X number of Y item... while these work and are the "standard" types of quest style for most MMOs, having something different to do would be a nice change of pace.

Definitely not something that needs to be addressed, but it's very interesting to consider. I, for one, would be all for having special conditions to be met that are more based on player input rather than the same ol' grind.
    (0)
    ara ara

Character
    Effilil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I love/hate the magian trials....the kill x # of mobs for the occ att 2+ times weapons at least take you around to areas that are only really active by people not using abyssea for the trials, but can get a bit long and boring, and the collect item trials can seem frustrating and daunting, even with a static group because you still need to proc !! to get a decent drop rate
    only the staff trials really use the jobs abilities to get the weapon done...only the ws trials on each weapon seem to be the exceptions
    I wouldn't mind seeing some trials where you have to kill x # of <mob> while under y skill....like a war having to kill 500 goblins with beserk up during the killing blow....some jobs would have to use a skill x # of times due to a lack of timed abilities, but they could work something out for them

and even with abyssea, we still end up grinding levels off the same mobs over and over, and I think that's more a playerbase issue than one the devs can fix
    (0)
    Windhurst for life!

smn 90 / whm 90 / blu 90
    blm drg and bst on the way up there

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Agreed completely, this Magian Trials really need a BIG adjustments and make it more engaging. As it is now, it's beyond boring and extremely retarded and nothing but time sink to extend the game life.
    (0)

All trials that involve killing x monster 500 times, or killing them with a certain WS are in my opinion extremely boring.

I think I would have preferred it to have a bit more of variety within a single trial, or I think I would risk going insane.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast