Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magian Trials

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    One thing I do like about the magian trials, is that it gets you 'outside'. For so long, everything done by level 75 players has been centered around HNM's in 1 of 5 locations, or exp/meriting on pink birds. These magian trails are taking me to places that I haven't been in quite a while. They have me going after NM's that i didn't even know existed in the game. I like to explore in RPG's, and with the exception of a few new zones that SE has added over the years, I've been looking at the same areas over and over and over again.
    (0)

Character
    Damagen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree.

I got the (TP) Stingray+2 for my DRG, 2x (EVA) Kila+2 for my THF and 2x (Mag. Acc.) Shamshir+2 for my BLU so far from Magian Trials.

The Stingray wasn't too bad as it was a case of using weaponskills a number of times, sometimes specific ones. This trial wasn't as painful as the other trials tbh, but the polearm I worked ever so hard to obtain has recently been replaced with a Vougier's Contus.

The dagger and sword trials involved killing a number of monsters during certain weather / day of the week, again and again and again. As the OP (and other posters) stated, this isn't really that much fun.

What if for a THF's evasion trial they had to avoid so many attacks from EP+ mobs? Okay, maybe EM+ mobs so it's not overly easy. Maybe they could be made to hit SATA + WS so many times.

Having to perform so many magic hits on EM+ mobs for my BLU's Mag. Acc. sword woulda made more sense/been more fun IMO.

DRG could maybe use Jump so many times, or heal pet so many times, depending on what type of trial they were doing.

Obviously, making all trials this detailed would take a LOT of work and I'm only visiting fantasy land in thinking they'll ever be anything more than 100-1000 x EP+ Mob in some weather for about 10 trials. With the next level cap change expect no surprises in formula when you go hand in your +2 weapons and see what the moogle wants you to kill 800 times!

Enjoy!
    >.>
    (0)
    -- DAMAGEN @ RAGNAROK --
    -THF-BLU-SMN-DRG-WAR-BST-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2