Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Brown Casket Peeking?

Hello,

Not sure if people will hate or like this idea. Maybe it will make things too easy ...

Brown Caskets in regular zones, what if a peek option was introduced?

Thief's can get an extra (free) hint on these using Thief's Tools right?
    If I knew that a chest contained the RA/EX item, then I'd totally be down for using a Tool and getting a free hint in order to better my odds at getting the chest opened.

I get a bit frustrated when I see a brown casket and fail to open it and sit there and wonder to myself that that chest was the chest that could of had my item sitting inside of it.

I don't know, maybe people could honestly care less nowadays and I don't know the amount of programming that this change would entail. I'm sure there are better things to take care of in game besides this, I'm posting this mainly because I'm frustrated and this happened to be my outlet. But if there is enough of us, let's plan a revolt!
    (2)

I actually want this too.

Being able to peek inside would be lovely. At the very least I'll know what i lost if i fail. This doesn't make things "Easier" if you ask me, At least not brokenly easier.

I spent nearly ~40 Combined hours, opened like 50-60 Brown chests, killed literally 600+ mobs in Horutoto for my Fishers Torque and have not gotten it yet.

Allowing us to peek inside isn't going to turn casket farming into Abyssea-mode. Please add this :X
    (0)

Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My only concern would be an unfair advantage to Thief's with Thief Tools. I am right in the fact that you can use a Tool to get a free hint right? ... well now that I say it I guess it's all ready unfair that they can do that and no one else can. And if all else, level that job. :/
    (0)

I used thief tools to get a hint once, and the hints were all terrible. I used 3 of them and got three "you get the feeling it's less than 55, 40 and then 35" when I had already gotten a hint that it was below 30.

I would like a peek function. Few things are as annoying as spending valuable time unlocking a chest that ends up containing something that's wirth 100 gil.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The thief's "advantage" isnt much of one, as was said above. The only hints you'll get are "the number is between X and Y", where X and Y are about 40 numbers apart.
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    THF's have a slight advantage.... However down right they should! They are THF's for heaven's sake.

Level it if you see it as "unfair".
    (1)

For content like Abyssea where there are time limitations, we decided to implement the option to peek-inside so you could choose whether or not you want to spend the time opening it. For Treasure Caskets that are not connected to time-limited content, we would like to leave it as is and have you feel the sense of anticipation of opening the chest without knowing what’s inside. However, we are thinking that it might be necessary to add an option to get rid of chests, so we will be looking into this while we monitor the situation.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    For content like Abyssea where there are time limitations, we decided to implement the option to peek-inside so you could choose whether or not you want to spend the time opening it. For Treasure Caskets that are not connected to time-limited content, we would like to leave it as is and have you feel the sense of anticipation of opening the chest without knowing what’s inside. However, we are thinking that it might be necessary to add an option to get rid of chests, so we will be looking into this while we monitor the situation.
    How about being able to see how much time is left?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    That awesome anticipation of opening a chest and getting an echo drop or potion +1. That is totally worth losing out on the XP that you would have got by knowing that you could gleefully ignore the chest.
    (5)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    How about being able to pool the non temp items like in abyssea. Or better yet, just directly stuff it into the treasure pool to start with since none of this is augmented so we don't have post about how so and so stole the million gil item.

I actually did some alliance exp in Feii'Yin today. It was pretty good and the only things in our brown boxes were elixers and ethers. The shield from there is selling for 2+ mil currently.
    (0)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 06-07-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Bostaunieux Obeliette =/= Fei'Yin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast