Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[dev1015] Abyssea Update and the Cruor-For-Chests Adjustment

Hi~

I'm creating this thread in regard to this portion of the June 6th Abyssea Update announcement:

"Players will be given the option to manually destroy any sturdy pyxis.
    *When exercising this option, the destroying player will receive a cruor reward proportional to the rank of the pyxis."

I love a good show as much as anyone else, but I can't imagine that everyone will enjoy the chaos this adjustment is bound to cause. Don't get me wrong - most players will welcome the ability to destroy unwanted chests. However, there are many dim-witted players that will scramble, at all costs, to destroy unwanted chests specifically for the cruor reward. Even if it's only for a measly 25 cruor or so.

People do dumb things. And I guarantee that some parties, especially pick-up groups, will start fighting (and placing GM calls) over chests. I really do expect some exp alliances to grind to a halt due to people bickering and racing to destroy chests for cruor.

Is it possible to adjust the cruor reward and instead grant it to all players in a party/alliance when a chest is destroyed?

I'm sure other posters in this thread will be able to come up with more (and better) options.
    (8)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

I would definitely prefer it just be the one player. It will be much more fun that way.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    I would definitely prefer it just be the one player. It will be much more fun that way.
    Oh, I agree completely. The drama and bickering will be hilarious.

But I'd imagine that lots of people won't want to deal with that crap. SE might want to rethink part of this update and nip a potential problem in the bud.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sometimes we should set aside what is most fun for us in the moment and have just a smidge of consideration for those around us.
    (0)

agreed... better to make it go to the alliance as though they opened a cruor chest than make it go to just the one person. Better to do it now then have to deal with the complaints down the line.

In all honesty, I'd be fine with not getting anything from the chest. If I'm not spending a key to open it to make it despawn, I'm saving cruor--a penny saved is a penny earned mentality.
    (3)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Make the cruor go to everyone. This will only create drama.
    (0)

overall, I like all the changes as a rule. Destroying chests? have to see how it works, but it needs to be assigned to a single player, or the group leader or something. making the cruor drop to the group is realistic.

They should also make this work in the other casket zones, so I don't lose out on a prousse ring because some player half the area away doesn't want the potion +1 in his blue casket, so no browns or blues can pop.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    over all i think 1015 is all good' nice job
    (0)

Character
    Meare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I think everything in this mini-update is made of win. The destroying chests thing is interesting, but I get tired of seeing useless temp item chests sitting around taking up good chest space.

It might be that you can nuke/melee the chests to destroy them or it might be a menu option. If it's a menu option people will probably check to see what is in the chest first. If it's the former option then best be coming down hard on people messing with chests. I don't exp in Abyssea alliances (totally unnecessary) so it's probably best to get into small groups instead.
    (0)

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I can see it being an issue if it's a triple digit amount for a top teir chest. Anything less is pointless. Although people are indeed pretty stupid....
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast