Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    And if you want to unclaim a mob without dying? Your just sol?
    Eat the death and wipe its only exp, if you know you couldn't handle it you shouldn't of engaged it, what are you trying to do MPK people?

The keeping claim system is broken as been said many times hate is only on 1 person so if they die it goes white and then everyone has to scramble and spam an extra something, anything and everything to reclaim it even if everyone has done a action before the death it still goes unclaimed. With how the system is now its who can solo the best out of the alliance and when they die it unclaims for everyone and that's not right. The monster should stay claimed no matter what until everyone on the hate list is dead even through a charmga but it doesn't so yes this needs to be fixed and should be top priority screw the updates for the year if something game breaking like this isn't fixed.
    People that defend its working as intended are the people that steal monsters.

Must have. I used to pin my grandmother on the kitchen table all the time.
    Take that out of context and that sounds so wrong... sorry couldn't resist!
    (2)

This would enable people to apoc zombie something forever, and block other people from content. Any system that is added that does not allow stuff to go unclaimed until everyone is dead is a very bad idea simply because it would enable people to block others from being able to do it. Now, if they wanted to add a 10 minute depop timer to every NM inside abyssea, I wouldn't care if they added the claim system you advocate, because that would defeat the ability to hold mobs forever.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Just fyi, not all pinning works that way. It is still an effective strategy even with just a simple rock to kite around. Pinning only became popular (and thus hated) with VNMs, when kaeko found the various spots, such as the ronfaure fence, etc, that worked as you described. However it has been used since the beginning of the game (and earlier, in other games, not to mention since the beginning of time in irl), because even without poor tracking AIs, it works. The time it takes for a mob (or person/animal/whatever) to react is all that is needed to create an advantage.

But yes, it is an exploit, as i explained above.
    Right, but pinning and circle kiting are different things. Circle kiting exploits mobs that don't run faster than you (with or without enhanced movement speed items). Pinning is an exploit in the pathing AI.

Although now that I think about it, you're talking about pinning on one side of a rock or object, when you reach the central point between the the mob and the opposite corner. I remember doing this as cor with a blm friend on fortitude many times. while for the most part, I just kept running in a circle since I was solo a lot.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Eat the death and wipe its only exp, if you know you couldn't handle it you shouldn't of engaged it, what are you trying to do MPK people?
    I do not care about exp. I care about being weakened for 5 minutes.

The keeping claim system is broken as been said many times hate is only on 1 person so if they die it goes white and then everyone has to scramble and spam an extra something, anything and everything to reclaim it even if everyone has done a action before the death it still goes unclaimed. With how the system is now its who can solo the best out of the alliance and when they die it unclaims for everyone and that's not right. The monster should stay claimed no matter what until everyone on the hate list is dead even through a charmga but it doesn't so yes this needs to be fixed and should be top priority screw the updates for the year if something game breaking like this isn't fixed.
    People that defend its working as intended are the people that steal monsters.
    Or because we consider the shortcomings of such a change. For example, vnms depop instantly when the hate list is cleared. Do you want the pop to be wasted in such a case? Or would you rather give it up, and let someone else take it?
    Take that out of context and that sounds so wrong... sorry couldn't resist!
    Context? What? That was just a random statement.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Or they could make dying 3 times after double weakness without unweakening auto-HP you. Forcing 10m despawns is way too harsh.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Or they could make dying 3 times after double weakness without unweakening auto-HP you.
    lol.

Forcing 10m despawns is way too harsh.
    What about 30 minutes?
    (1)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Depends on the mob. Abyssea's timer alone is enough, though, and I don't think every mob everywhere is being zombie'd. Besides, do what I mentioned earlier and one group taking an inordinate amount of time would be a non-issue unless you're trying to mass AoE brew.
    (0)

lol.

What about 30 minutes?
    This is the purpose of the 60 minute rage timer. You may not agree with the time, but this at least has been addressed in SE's judgment.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    This is the purpose of the 60 minute rage timer. You may not agree with the time, but this at least has been addressed in SE's judgment.
    And the current Claim system is there in order to keep morons from clogging up content.

You may not agree with losing your claim after half your alliance wipes and your mages are too fingersmacking dumb to keep claim properly, but this at least has been addressed in SE's judgment.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Abyssea's timer alone is enough
    It takes exactly one person farming time to stay in abyssea forever. Including while that one person is sleeping/working.
    (0)

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast