Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RDM Auto, why the cap?

red mage auto caps at level 74, no idea why, red mage job doesn't. also, troll rdm autos have Dispel, why don't ours? I coulda sworn I've even seen one refresh!

a legitimate explanation please? I personally think that when they raised our lvl cap to 90 they forgot a couple heads, Stormwalker and Harlequin. They both still accumulate magic skill, no reason they shouldn't get spells as well.

given the screw-ups in the whm AI, there are MANY times I prefer to use the rdm frame as my soloing healer buddy. If it actually levelled the way it should that would be a huge help.
    (8)
    Last edited by Glamdring; 05-30-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: incomplete

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    red mage auto caps at level 74, no idea why, red mage job doesn't. also, troll rdm autos have Dispel, why don't ours? I coulda sworn I've even seen one refresh!

a legitimate explanation please? I personally think that when they raised our lvl cap to 90 they forgot a couple heads, Stormwalker and Harlequin. They both still accumulate magic skill, no reason they shouldn't get spells as well.

given the screw-ups in the whm AI, there are MANY times I prefer to use the rdm frame as my soloing healer buddy. If it actually levelled the way it should that would be a huge help.
    This SO MUCH of this

sometimes you dont really need to be cure VI bombed from whm and rdm auto would do alot more than silence the Immune to silence NM..
    (0)

not to mention not casting blindna on me when I have 30 HP and Bio as well...
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The honest answer:
    The devs dont really understand pup.

Harly has gotten nothing either and they could definitly beef him up a bit.
    (5)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The Stormwaker automaton head (in combination with the Stormwaker automaton frame) has not seen any new spells since the level cap was raised from 75 to 90. It's current spell repertoire is limited to level 75 still, and as such has become all but useless in the lvl 90 game environment. Giving it access to Cure V, Stone IV, Water IV, Aero IV, Fire IV and Blizzard IV would do a lot to bring this automaton up to date. Given the Red Mage casting similarities of this automaton head, Refresh and Dispel would also be supportive to definiting it's role further.

The Soulsoother head (white turban) is superior in healing spells while lacking elemental damage spells, but it's healing role is crippled by enfeebling effects of any kind on the automaton and master. The Spiritreaver head (black turban) has superior elemental damage spells, but is unable to heal the master, itself or party members. The Stormwaker head (red turban), with above mentioned spells added, should fill the gap between the two other heads.

Another automaton frame and head that has fallen into complete disuse is the initial automaton: the Harlequin. It's lacking any noticable distinction from the other frames and heads, and serves little more purpose then occupying a spot in the automaton equipment window.
    (2)

now if we could just get them to respond to posts/issues raised in job forums... sounds like people are with me on this one.
    (1)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    The Stormwaker automaton head (in combination with the Stormwaker automaton frame) has not seen any new spells since the level cap was raised from 75 to 90. It's current spell repertoire is limited to level 75 still, and as such has become all but useless in the lvl 90 game environment. Giving it access to Cure V, Stone IV, Water IV, Aero IV, Fire IV and Blizzard IV would do a lot to bring this automaton up to date. Given the Red Mage casting similarities of this automaton head, Refresh and Dispel would also be supportive to definiting it's role further.
    Absolutely. I'd differentiate it by also giving it tier II enfeebles, like RDM. Would give it a legitimately useful niche, but nothing overpowering. Soulsoother would still be the choice for party healing and status removal. Spiritreaver would still be number one for magic damage.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It is not capped, it just doesn't learn new spells. Given that RDM only gets tier IV, they may want to leave it this way. Plus, the RDM frame has a better chance of procing !!

If it learns tier V, then it won't be able to do that anymore.

This is a really trivial issue now though, because most people only use white or black, not red.
    (0)

we don't use red because it's magic stopped moving at 72, not because we don't like it. It's still generally a better healer soloing than soulsoother, at least rdm keeps you alive, whm could care less if you die. If they won't fix the whm AI to make it useful soloing mobs that have even a single enfeeb move then rdm NEEDS to grow up and gain casting. And harley just needs to grow up at all. As to proccing, blm would be better if you stopped it casting Aspir2 all the time, personally, I have Minikin on whenever I have a mage pup out in aby for just that reason.

FYI, Drifter is freaking SWEET with sharpshot out. Strong Arm, too, but drifter works better.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    we don't use red because it's magic stopped moving at 72, not because we don't like it.
    False. I've barely ever used red since the white and black heads came out, even before hte level cap rise.

It's only good use now is the slight chance of tier IV magic proc. Which will be ruined if it gets tier V.

White AI is not broken, either. It just doesn't operate the way some people would like. Especially in the current state of the game though, you can usually remove your own status effects to avoid the auto doing it to you.

Also BLM AI isn't "broken", I saw that "bug" report. Real BLMs would use drain and aspir whein their HP/MP is low. If you dont want the auto to cast drain after deus ex, use repair / rest /maneuvers. I would be fine with it using aspir too, as long as there was a way to force it to use something else until its MP was lower- I do not like abusing ADD. I would rather keep my automaton up at all times if possible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-04-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast