Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    if you use all three easily accessible items for reducing overload rate, and you use the condenser and throw up a water maneuver before building ice, I unequivocablly GUARANTEE you will NOT overload. You will absolutely for sure get the first 2 ice no problem, and then the water maneuver you used first absolutely guarantees that the third ice will work successfully- either you don't overload, or the water maneuver prevents the overload (and yes, it does work even though it's being pushed off by the third ice).
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    if you use all three easily accessible items for reducing overload rate, and you use the condenser and throw up a water maneuver before building ice, I unequivocablly GUARANTEE you will NOT overload. You will absolutely for sure get the first 2 ice no problem, and then the water maneuver you used first absolutely guarantees that the third ice will work successfully- either you don't overload, or the water maneuver prevents the overload (and yes, it does work even though it's being pushed off by the third ice).
    numbers or gtfo

I Put numbers and added in overload gear and it doesn't add up
    (0)
    Last edited by Jar; 06-07-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ignore the #$^%(@ numbers. It works. Put on your gear and just try it. You have to intentionally try to overload to make it happen. Numbers and theory are no substitute for actual hands on experience. now excuse me while I one shot my 7th pudding in a row with no overload. My ice burden should be through the roof, but it works just fine. Any overloads that might have happened are prevented by the condenser. I'd be happy to show you a video of me using my water ice ice ice rotation and having no trouble whatsoever.

Side note: Minikin ended up being as good/better than Baying Moon- With minikin, and no mana channeler, I achieved about the same damage as I did with Baying Moon and mana channler. Plus you get the refresh, which means I don't need to wait much to avoid the automaton casting aspir II.

Edit: here's a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wB6mCq3kM It's even available in high definition for your clarity pleasure- I actually went on much longer than that but the file size was getting to be too much for my 0.5Mbps upload. This is, at an absolute undeniable minimum, very useful for quickly building azure light in a lowman group. When you're done, you can just switch your atmas and frame tp focus on DD and gett pearlescent. PUP is easily capable of getting all four light types in a reasonable manner. Not many can claim to do that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-08-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Character
    Khayn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Ignore the #$^%(@ numbers. It works. Put on your gear and just try it. You have to intentionally try to overload to make it happen. Numbers and theory are no substitute for actual hands on experience. now excuse me while I one shot my 7th pudding in a row with no overload. My ice burden should be through the roof, but it works just fine. Any overloads that might have happened are prevented by the condenser. I'd be happy to show you a video of me using my water ice ice ice rotation and having no trouble whatsoever.

Side note: Minikin ended up being as good/better than Baying Moon- With minikin, and no mana channeler, I achieved about the same damage as I did with Baying Moon and mana channler. Plus you get the refresh, which means I don't need to wait much to avoid the automaton casting aspir II.

Edit: here's a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wB6mCq3kM It's even available in high definition for your clarity pleasure- I actually went on much longer than that but the file size was getting to be too much for my 0.5Mbps upload. This is, at an absolute undeniable minimum, very useful for quickly building azure light in a lowman group. When you're done, you can just switch your atmas and frame tp focus on DD and gett pearlescent. PUP is easily capable of getting all four light types in a reasonable manner. Not many can claim to do that.
    was this Jar dude actually suggesting pup-nuking without an ice maker?...

i stopped taking him seriously after that. and no at the present state of the game, a blm can't out nuke a pup, a very good blm can be quite on par, but thats it really, they can do a lot of other stuff with magic that pup can not hope to acomplish, but single target magic damage sorry mate but pup is king, we are not limited by hate in any way thanks to deactivate, and outside of abyssea, mp is not an issue for us.

also LOLOverload.
    (0)
    --- Viva Mexico ---

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    a blm can't out nuke a pup
    Just so we're playing fair here, lets be clear: the automaton can easily obtian massive magic attack bonus. BLMs can get more, but they need all kinds of gear, some of which is rare. Also, we're talking about automaton and BLM casting the same spell. BLMs do have other nukes and can nuke more frequently (but nuking much faster than the pup will put the BLM at risk, whereas the PUP is basically never in any danger while nuking)
    (0)

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    OMG you put ice maker on lmao and Mana Channeler
    I lost all respect right here. Especially w/ DaD, you shouldn't give two shits about the recast. If your nuking without ice maker, you are super gimping yourself. You can triple ice off a fresh activate without even using condenser now. No reason to not use it.

EDIT: I know of a few blm who do consistant 8k+ bliz V on everything from bluffalo to most non-resistant nms. I haven't used the blm frame in some time (since capping it way back when 90 came out), but in your vid I saw only 6k+ nukes on mobs weak to magic. Topic is completely derailed at this point anyway .
    (0)
    Last edited by Drhatchet; 06-22-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Character
    Gael
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    8k+ on blm only if the set proc, its not really often lol.

I kinda have a good blm gear, i only missing the 3 items from voidwatch (and when i will have at least the Genesis locket, i will change my grip to have the critical magic one) : http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/43563
    I never do more that my automaton, unless i have a set effect.

In the video, the 6k nuke on the pudding is a very poor number for a pup. In fact the guy who did it nuked with his melee gear...
    A pup can almost hit a constant 8k on the pudding : http://premod-shdow.servhome.org/pup.gif
    While a good blm does only 6kish : http://premod-shdow.servhome.org/blm.gif

Both with MM, beyond, ultimate, light day, Waning Gibbous 76%.

On a normal mob, the difference between blm and pup nuke is not so big, but pup always win in term of spike dmg (of course blm win on DoT, even if its more "can win", cause blm is limited with MP and hate). Outside abyssea, on the same mobs, i always have +500/1k dmg when i'm nuking as pup, instead of blm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gael; 06-22-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I lost all respect right here. Especially w/ DaD
    I don't normally like to do the DAD thing, but in touchy hate situations, sometimes it's required. And in those situations, the time between nukes is not a big deal. Better to get your best nuke off in these cases when you're not going to let your automaton cast constantly.

In the video, the 6k nuke on the pudding is a very poor number for a pup. In fact the guy who did it nuked with his melee gear...
    The lower damage is more because of minikin instead of ultimate (to avoid the automaton using Aspir)- I had higher numbers using ultimate, obviously- I was just trying to illustrate how you CAN spam ice maneuvers without overloading. I do have the relic gear for more MAB, but I do not have magian pet MABs, because I don't care enough about it and 6k+ is still on par with a BLM casting ST nukes. I don't really take too kindly to the poke, but the point remains- if you want to use the BLM head, you can make it kick some serious butt.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5