Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah you didnt make sense because you where wrong i see that now..
    It might have helped if you pointed that out instead of just saying "it doesnt make sense." If I didn't screw up with my facts, it would have been a logical, sensical statement.

I'm really confused though why you continued to bash the previous post apart after already addressing it, and compeltely ignoring my next post after that....

It's not an "I like the blm head" thing. It's a simple fact that sometimes different things can be put to good use. Don't tell people that acting like a full on DD (which is perfectly within PUP's ability- I do so myself under normal circumstances) or <insert strategy here> is the only way to play or the only useful way to play it. PUP can do a lot of different things and is able to adapt to different events, and different situations.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-05-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not an "I like the blm head" thing. It's a simple fact that sometimes different things can be put to good use. Don't tell people that acting like a full on DD (which is perfectly within PUP's ability- I do so myself under normal circumstances) or <insert strategy here> is the only way to play or the only useful way to play it. PUP can do a lot of different things and is able to adapt to different events, and different situations.
    ok other than being a DD to the fullest or soloing what other situations are there do you go pup specifically to be 75%of a blm? or do you go to be a pup?

I fail to see ANY situation the blm frame would be useful other than getting azure. These different situations you speak of simply don't exist. with the atma thing in abyssea right now the blm pet is weak because you greatly weaken yourself to make it even do mehh damage~ just as playing as say war/whm sure it works for solo and stuff but overall your crippling yourself.
    (0)

I use the blm head for building Azure, the red can to, but it takes longer. I also use any except red in parties since red won't cure anyone but myself and itself. I just choose based on the damage type we are low on. However, I always preface a whm auto that we still need a healer since he's only good for back-up. Ranger is sweet, but in Aby he's gonna give you a steady diet of Ruby light so alot of parties have issues with it. Still leveling up VE, but supposedly he's awesome when you get him up there and he gives alot of pearl. But blm is prolly my DD frame of choice right now, Azure is generally a good thing if in Aby, I simply don't use it solo because I have issues keeping hate off it for the ADD tactic.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    do you go pup specifically to be 75%of a blm? or do you go to be a pup?
    I read that as "Do you go to be a PUP or do you go to be a PUP?"

PUP can do many different things.

Additionally, the blm head is not "75% of a BLM" in anything other than spell repertoire (e.g. no AoE magic, no sleep). The automaton can easily beat most black mages on per nuke basis with the appropriate setup. The automaton can cure. The automaton can do ranged attacks. The automaton can melee. PUP can do a lot of things, and you're extremely narrowminded if the only thing you think it can do is melee. Crap, I hate doing it myself, but I've seen people main heal on PUP. PUP is a versatile job that can adapt to do many things.

As glamdring noted- I love using sharpshot, but between your power and his, it can be difficult to avoid getting ruby light unless you're really on the ball in terms of paying attention.

I can solo farm for key item chests on PUP- Put on atma of the ultimate and the ice/MAB atma (forget the name), nuke down a few ephemerals, Swap the ice atma for atma of gales and atma of the ultimate for something else and use gust slash to get amber, then go all out DD for pearl and a bit of ruby. Gold chests galore if you're quick enough. Two PUPs can do it really quickly.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I read that as "Do you go to be a PUP or do you go to be a PUP?"

PUP can do many different things.

Additionally, the blm head is not "75% of a BLM" in anything other than spell repertoire (e.g. no AoE magic, no sleep). The automaton can easily beat most black mages on per nuke basis with the appropriate setup. The automaton can cure. The automaton can do ranged attacks. The automaton can melee. PUP can do a lot of things, and you're extremely narrowminded if the only thing you think it can do is melee. Crap, I hate doing it myself, but I've seen people main heal on PUP. PUP is a versatile job that can adapt to do many things.

As glamdring noted- I love using sharpshot, but between your power and his, it can be difficult to avoid getting ruby light unless you're really on the ball in terms of paying attention.
    and you wanted me to take a course in English? i stated the blm pet Is weaker than a blm nothing more the fact that you can change to another frame for diffrent results is the ONLY things im telling you is right. and so far you have yet to answer this..

IN WHAT SITUATION ON WHAT MONSTER ANYWHERE DO YOU NEED TO BE BLM OR WILL BLM OUT DD MASTER + PET DD COMBO?

your auto will NEVER out nuke a blm after the latest few updates, i know my blm for one will do at least twice the overall damage your pet will do. not even using Aoe..
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    IN WHAT SITUATION ON WHAT MONSTER ANYWHERE DO YOU NEED TO BE BLM OR WILL BLM OUT DD MASTER + PET DD COMBO?
    in any situation where magic damage is more effective than physical damage? in any situation where a monster absorbs one or the other damage type? There are lots of situations. I did answer it already, you just ignored it. Open your eyes for the love of all that's holy. PUP is a great DD, but it's not JUST a DD.

You clearly don't know how to set up the automaton for magic. The automaton can get more magic attack bonus than all but the best black mages.

and you wanted me to take a course in English?
    I'm not reading you. Where exactly was my English bad in that post? It all looks pretty clear to me.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    in any situation where magic damage is more effective than physical damage? in any situation where a monster absorbs one or the other damage type? There are lots of situations. I did answer it already, you just ignored it. Open your eyes for the love of all that's holy. PUP is a great DD, but it's not JUST a DD.

You clearly don't know how to set up the automaton for magic. The automaton can get more magic attack bonus than all but the best black mages.

I'm not reading you. Where exactly was my English bad in that post? It all looks pretty clear to me.
    you cant get anywhere close to a BLM with nukes also almost nothing takes more magical than physical damage anymore try posting a monsters name over what used to happen in old content nothing that is heals by any type of damage is always healed by that in abyssea also and chaing just for the small amount of time it would hurt them is detrimental.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    you cant get anywhere close to a BLM with nukes
    You absolutely can. And me and a friend took advantage of this to easily duo the antlion NM in Abyssea - Attohwa, as an example. Good luck doing that with valoredge or sharpshot.

almost nothing takes more magical than physical damage
    Absolute nonsense. Lots of things do, and there are many NMs out there that absorb physical damage at certain times.

Ever fought culebre? One of the EASIEST ways to beat it is to have the BLM automaton tank it. Yes, that's right, tank it. He will kick its ass and take minimal damage doing it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You absolutely can. And me and a friend took advantage of this to easily duo the antlion NM in Abyssea - Attohwa, as an example. Good luck doing that with valoredge or sharpshot.

Absolute nonsense. Lots of things do, and there are many NMs out there that absorb physical damage at certain times.

Ever fought culebre? One of the EASIEST ways to beat it is to have the BLM automaton tank it. Yes, that's right, tank it. He will kick its ass and take minimal damage doing it.
    Antlion NM /dnc with eva build is a joke... solo

"Absolute nonsense. Lots of things do, and there are many NMs out there that absorb physical damage at certain times." Isnt actually naming anything that's actually fought also I stated. anything that changed from physical absorb to magical absorb changes so fast that coming blm auto with atma and all that crap would hurt your DPS overall

also while you for some reason think that you can even get close to a blm spamming 6K~ nukes
    ive SEEN many pups do blm and it is crap ive also done the math and blm auto is SHIT compared to a real BLM
    you can cast on a VERY slow delay for about as much as a blm
    but a blm will burn all its mana as fast as it can and almost nothing lives for the whole MP pool thanks to refresh atma
    toss me more than a single instanace where blm is usefull.
    i see absolutely ZERO situations that i would use the blm frame inside abyssea.

keep saying that blm auto beats a real BLM you troll you obviously dont have blm and have never seen a real one.

Try coming back with more than just i am right you are wrong too these posts are getting redundant. insisting that your blm auto can beat a BLM player is overall insanity because you keep stating and thinking that the result will change, when it is quite one sided that BLM players will whip your shit on nuking.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Antlion NM /dnc with eva build is a joke... solo
    And takes forever, and requires special gear that you wouldn't use for ordinary circumstances. No special preperation is required to do it other ways.

also while you for some reason think that you can even get close to a blm spamming 6K~ nukes
    ive SEEN many pups do blm and it is crap ive also done the math and blm auto is SHIT compared to a real BLM
    Sorry, you havent' seen any one who's doing it right then. I can easily do better than that. It's not crap if you know how to do it.

Try coming back with more than just i am right you are wrong too these posts are getting redundant.
    You know, I couldn't agree more, because you're doing the same thing. You pulled one random number out of your rear end but that's about all you've done.

I'll give you some of my abyssea #. 5835 bliz IV to Gunge Slug; 5892 Blizzard V vs a mesa wivre; 6487 blizzard V against a licorice (vulnerable to magic). Both mobs oneshotted. BLMs I know have a hard time topping that without a magic crit or their full empyrean set bonus proc.

This isn't just about "beating BLMs," either. You aren't always going to have a BLM around, and there are times agianst various monsters, where you can contribute more by using a strong nuke than by doing something else. any argument to the contrary is invalid simply because it would not be true. It seems that under your logic, You're saying that if it's not absolutely, always, totally 100% better than just having a BLM, then you should never use it, which is horrible poor logic.

oh and if you need another use for it: Go solo Culebre. I can't think of an easier, pain free method of soloing it than having the BLM automaton tank it. yes, tank it. You heard me. You don't need the best atmas for this either. Just repair oils, maybe minikin, a regen atma and an MDB atma. Equip both magic defense attachments and always have 2 water, 1 ice maneuver up. Your automaton will take almost no damage from its attacks and keep hate by nuking it.

When you and/or your automaton get torn apart meleeing Fuath, don't expect me to raise you.

I can keep adding more and more examples of places you shouldn't melee or places where BLM frame is good, but it's not going to change your mind, so I'll just leave it at that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast