Player

lol glitches that are old.

Ok im gonna list off what i've noticed so far in this game as things that were never fixed...

1. Konschtat Highlands - SE of the crag on some hills. Flowers are floating a good 2-3 galka's worth of height above the ground.

2. Sheep have an inverted Face on their model just behind their horn on going towards the back end of them. You can see right through to the inside of the sheep.

3. Inverted Face heading from the Buburimu end of Tahrongi Canyon towards the middle. Its up high really early on a mountain side.

4. Crawlers nest going down one of the Ramps on the Coffer Chest side of Crawlers next. there is another Inverted Face on the Ground allowing you to see other parts of the level you shouldnt be able to see...

5. Upper jeuno heading from Batallia Downs Entrance towards the Moghouse there is 1/4 of a larger tile that you cannot move past, on the ground. Shadows also do not display on this section of tile so if your big enough there is a square of your shadow that is just missing...

Anyone else think of things you've seen forever and have never been fixed...?
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Just mentioning, the incredible floating flowers of Konschtat Highlands been there since 2002 when the PS2 version released. They've been ported to PC and XBOX360. I doubt anything will be done about them.

Have you ever noticed how beetle models have one of their front feet bend to the inside while the other three feet are bend to the outside ?
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Not sure if it has been fixed, but with the PS2 players used to be able to squeeze through a set of trees in Valkurm Dunes (along the whitebone sands) and run into the water. There is a significant amount of open space in the see we can move around in.

Additionally PC users can run at a wall on airships just right and pop onto the railing. If you're careful enough, you can walk all the way over to the far corner on the other side of the ship.
    (0)

Good job catching all of those inverted faces, I have to admit I hadn't noticed any of them myself. It begs the question though, why are the environments backface culled but not characters? Having inserted myself into my character by accident, I can assure you that your own character is not, in fact, backface culled. Is there a good reason for this that I do not know?

Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Additionally PC users can run at a wall on airships just right and pop onto the railing. If you're careful enough, you can walk all the way over to the far corner on the other side of the ship.
    I have not been able to do this in some time - although to be fair, I never was terribly good at getting up there to begin with. Another prime example would be the ledge in South San'doria, stage left from the entrance from North San'doria. You could, with relative easy slip onto the ledge from the ramp. That being said, I would not be apposed to leaving it in, as glitches go, it was pretty minor, and extremely entertaining.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    1. Konschtat Highlands - SE of the crag on some hills. Flowers are floating a good 2-3 galka's worth of height above the ground.
    There are similar 'glitches' in the new-reused abyssea zones.
    Abyssea - Grauberg (I-9) there are pebbles that are floating diagonally as if on a slant, but on flat ground.
    Abyssea - La Theine (L-11) or (L-10) just north of Conflux 6 there is a patch of grass floating up in the air as if possessed

Usually they are more so placement errors rather than glitches. Someone set a surface to transparent rather than textured, or the area was supposed to be out of view and thus not modeled. Every game has them, it is just whether or not they are serious enough to be fixed. In all cases, none of these are game breaking so possibly never will be remedied.
    (0)

Character
    Linku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Do you have screenshots of those inverted faces? Can't say that I've ever noticed any of them.
    (0)

Hello Folks!

In order to better assist with these concerns, we ask that you submit one forum post for each issue. Be sure to use our official report form found in the Sticky:

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write “Solo”. If you were in a party, please write “Party”. With alliance, please write “Alliance.”
    *If you wrote “Party” or “Alliance”, please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write “None”.

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write “None”.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.
    •What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    •Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    •If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    •In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

Thanks for finding these and reporting!

-Senior Game Master Jhanaka
    (0)

I think when they are discussing bugs they are looking for program bugs and not little model deformities that you guys are stressing. A lot of these things are just based on the software that you installed from the disc and not something they would beable to change without modifying a large chunk of data (such as a map or finding a specific square on a map) and that would require a larger download on an update and I think they want to avoid some of these things.. just my opinion.. but I love the beetles front foot is backwards
    (0)
    (A)-GERM